FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #7,891 of 7,931
I can confirm that cables with 2pins 0.75mm do not work.
The FLC8s model needs at least 2 pins of 0.70mm.
If anyone knows a 0.70mm cable model, I will be grateful if you inform me!

I've tried this model:
TRN T4 - OCC copper 6N + 8-core have 2PIN - 0.75mm - 3.5mm
but it does not fit into the socket of the connector, the pin is too wide.

The FLC8S uses the same connectors as the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Pro. I'm not sure of the exact size, but its either .75 or .74mm. If you search cable shops for "TF10" connectors, you should be able to find several good options. Lunashops.com is a good place to look. I use one very similar to this one, and it fits great.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #7,892 of 7,931
The FLC8S uses the same connectors as the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Pro. I'm not sure of the exact size, but its either .75 or .74mm. If you search cable shops for "TF10" connectors, you should be able to find several good options. Lunashops.com is a good place to look. I use one very similar to this one, and it fits great.

If you're looking for a more expensive option, Moon Audio has you covered here. I used the Black Dragon for a while - it fit well but I didn't like the ergonomics.

It appears Null Audio carries TF10 connectors as well.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #7,893 of 7,931
thanks for the info. I will look at it!

Nov 15, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #7,896 of 7,931
Hey anybody know where i can buy replacemente filters (i mean the accesories) for the flc8s or compatible?
I have an FLC8 I would be willing to sell, unit and all if that works; and if the filters are interchangeable.

Nov 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #7,897 of 7,931
LMUE (Lend Me Ur Ears) was the primary place to purchase such things. I would contact them first.

Let us know what you find out.

I think Forrest had created a fifth filter. When I purchased my units there were only four. I have always thought there was a place in between the gold and gunmetal filters. I have no idea if the new one (think its silver?) fits that space or not. For what its worth, I have no personal use case for the green or blue filters. I use gunmetal; but gold is the most popular.

Forrest has popped up recently here so if you have issues finding the filters he would have some ideas of what to do.

I flirted with the LZ A7 (and still use them from time to time); but day in day out its the FLC8D that draws me in. Which is the same as a FLC8S or probably 8N tuned to my favorite combinations. Looking forward to more units from Forrest as I regard my unit as something special.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #7,898 of 7,931
I have an FLC8 I would be willing to sell, unit and all if that works; and if the filters are interchangeable.
I only missed a couple of filters that i want to hear again but thanks anyway.

LMUE (Lend Me Ur Ears) was the primary place to purchase such things. I would contact them first.

Let us know what you find out.

I think Forrest had created a fifth filter. When I purchased my units there were only four. I have always thought there was a place in between the gold and gunmetal filters. I have no idea if the new one (think its silver?) fits that space or not. For what its worth, I have no personal use case for the green or blue filters. I use gunmetal; but gold is the most popular.

Forrest has popped up recently here so if you have issues finding the filters he would have some ideas of what to do.

I flirted with the LZ A7 (and still use them from time to time); but day in day out its the FLC8D that draws me in. Which is the same as a FLC8S or probably 8N tuned to my favorite combinations. Looking forward to more units from Forrest as I regard my unit as something special.

I remember they were sold there but i don't see them there now. My flc8s is still working fine after a couple of cable changes.

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #7,900 of 7,931
Did anybody tried to disassembly the FLC8n? The 2-pin socket in my right reapiece became loose. I would like to open it up and change the socket.
Are the shells glued and just some kind of plastic locks/latches?

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #7,901 of 7,931
One thing I've noticed with the FLC8 is that the 2-pin connection is not flipped for each side (for polarity matching). This means that you can't use a replacement 2-pin cable that has ear-hooks, since you won't be able to rotate the pins for proper polarity with the other side. Of course, this could just be my old set. I broke my original cable but luckily found a good replacement cable that doesn't have ear-hooks.

Jun 2, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #7,902 of 7,931
One thing I've noticed with the FLC8 is that the 2-pin connection is not flipped for each side (for polarity matching). This means that you can't use a replacement 2-pin cable that has ear-hooks, since you won't be able to rotate the pins for proper polarity with the other side. Of course, this could just be my old set. I broke my original cable but luckily found a good replacement cable that doesn't have ear-hooks.

That's because the FLC8s use the same socket/connector system and layout as the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 (0.75 mm pin diameter, inverted connector polarity on left hand shell, pins/sockets slightly shorter than usual, connectors with collar).

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #7,903 of 7,931
One of the pins on my cable broke into my flc8s and now I am looking for different iems. Been looking at the kato, s12, and 7hz timeless. How does flc8s compare to these? Was using gold/red/grey filters.

Aug 16, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #7,904 of 7,931
One of the pins on my cable broke into my flc8s and now I am looking for different iems. Been looking at the kato, s12, and 7hz timeless. How does flc8s compare to these? Was using gold/red/grey filters.
I went from the FLCD to the AKG N5005. You can occasionally find them for $199 on Harman’s site and at that price it’s a no brainer, in my opinion.

Aug 16, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #7,905 of 7,931
You might also consider the Seek Real Airship. Nearly as small as the 8D and excellent sound. Can order from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back