FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #4,846 of 7,931
  perhaps that is true..in the end, we all hear things differently.
also, willowbrook, sometimes some of the recordings i listen to (rock) are a bit bright (older stuff, not so good)...so need to tone things down a tad.
still fiddling with them and understand upper vs mid ranges too.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/flc-technology-flc8/
jokerl said it best for me for this combo (for now, that is):  he also prefers red, gray and gray:
''The relative levels of the mids and treble are controlled by the nozzle filters, of which there are four sets.
The dark gray filters, which FLC Technology uses in their neutral setting, ended up being my favorites as the
smoothest and most pleasant all around. These are said to offer medium midrange and medium treble levels.

will be interesting to see how the filters work on the celeste...is it expected at the canjam, folks?

Definitely subjective and genre/source dependent. Really excited to see what celeste can bring :D

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #4,848 of 7,931

and heck..just finding some good tips for a good seal: that does so much to pull everything together.
are you upgrading to the celeste?

Well, I'd have to see some detailed info about final version, price, impressions etc. If it is affordable to a certain degree, why not? :D The FLC8s I have right now is without box, but only filters and stock tips, also I got rid of the memory part of the cable. I am planning to let it go for dirt cheap for anyone wanting them cheap and you can just upgrade the cable so...if only Celeste is worth keeping.

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #4,849 of 7,931
Surprisingly, if I use the foam and insert onto the Spiral Dot's tip which I use on my Nova. I'm able to put it on. Most probably have to do with the nozzle angle as FLC's are straight angle. 
rolleyes.gif

If I'm not mistaken Forrest mention that the Celeste will be on an event (not sure which coming event) But he only get the base sound right. So Basically (I think) it's still a prototype with no customization option to it yet as it is pretty sophisticated.

I'm really looking forward on their end product! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #4,852 of 7,931
  Better than noble katanas? That thing costs $1800 and Laylas cost $2500+ :O He's got me really hyped now. Btw, what is the driver configuration for Celeste?

katana didn't wow me though. I feel flc8s > katana while layla > flc8s. if celeste can win the layla, i am in.

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #4,853 of 7,931
Better than noble katanas? That thing costs $1800 and Laylas cost $2500+ :O He's got me really hyped now. Btw, what is the driver configuration for Celeste?

Well, Forrest did say he was going all out for a TOTL end game IEM, so it's not surprising it can compete or better some impressive IEM's. Real important factor will be the price. Its a very sophisticated design, but I bet it will still be fair bit less expensive than the others mentioned.

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #4,854 of 7,931
i sent piercer a link to this thread (the one quoted by forrestwei on his listening impressions with the celeste prototype, while at the canjam)
...hopefully he'll come on her and share more....also asked (on that same london canjam thread) for others who get to have a listen to come on here and share their impressions.

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #4,857 of 7,931
Seems it has three adjustable inbuilt knobs instead of filters.

hopefully so...that is the thing i loved about the senn ie80 and new liquid metal (rosie etc) designs
with that easier to use tuneable bass knob....unsure if this is what the celeste will offer but the easier it is
to tweak the sound, the happier I'll be (and am sure is shared by others)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back