FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #4,651 of 7,931
For most Chinese customers, visual is the first factor they consider a earphone.

That does put you in a tough bind.  You clearly place a high degree of emphasis on fidelity and sound quality, which most of us on this site do as well.  I would be frustrated to design a great sounding product, one that competes with IEM's at much higher prices, and then suffer lack of sales because it doesn't look "striking enough".  It almost does sound like you need to design two lines of products, one for the Chinese domestic (and maybe others) and one for US market (and maybe others).

The Celeste has quite a striking design and technology.  That has to take a great deal of time to build, and the tolerances must be very very tight.  To me it has all the earmarks of a very very high end IEM.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #4,652 of 7,931
Received my FLC8s' last Saturday and after spending a week with them I am comfortable saying that if I had paid twice what I did, I would still be a happy customer. They are hands down the best bang for the buck IEMs to date.  Thank you Forrest, much appreciated.

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #4,653 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei Maybe you could consider a campaign on indiegogo or kickstarter? It's a win-win-win situation:) You could give us a chance to buy it at more resonable price for short period (limited quantity), promote it globally and then sell it at a higher price point. It should be a hit!

A kickstarter campaign seems a nice idea! And for what I see, the Celeste has potential to be the safest bet for an endgame IEM since 108 possibilities is like having a built-in equalizer. Stunning!

Flcforrestwei are they a hybrid like the FLC8s?

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #4,655 of 7,931
majority of us here dont fancy flc8s memory cable. if memory cable is a must, follow the memory cable like
geeky-pinas-Heir-Audio-IEM-8%2B.png

Hey what is that?
End game IEM?

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #4,657 of 7,931
Its been a fun ride, but I am going to be selling my FLC8s. My main issue is comfort, I have managed to try some different tips and found the Comply best to stop these from slipping out of my ear, but they always inevitably wind up just popping out very S l o w l y which is really annoying. The cable may be part of this problem, and I do wear glasses. I love the sound and all the tunings, they put a smile on my face all the time, but I just never feel like leaving the house with them. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #4,658 of 7,931
  Its been a fun ride, but I am going to be selling my FLC8s. My main issue is comfort, I have managed to try some different tips and found the Comply best to stop these from slipping out of my ear, but they always inevitably wind up just popping out very S l o w l y which is really annoying. The cable may be part of this problem, and I do wear glasses. I love the sound and all the tunings, they put a smile on my face all the time, but I just never feel like leaving the house with them. 

Guess really diff strokes diff folks. For me they are THE most comfortable iem I've ever tried. I use the stock medium black tips and original FLC8 cable. I also wear glasses.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #4,659 of 7,931
my FLC8S are for sale now in the sale forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back