FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #481 of 7,931
  you are right! The BA is TWFK, wired with a high pass filter.

There is no other electric filter besides the high pass filter on the TWFK.

DD is 8.6MM.

We didn't reverse both of the BA, just reverse the for high frequency.

Thanks a lot Forrest. I really appreciate it, very cool to have you around here!
Now I understand the design philosophy. 
The amount of control you have with the wbfk part of the twfk in reverse polarity with nozzle filters is clever.

Also I think what you meant when you talked about the "sound of teeth" at 5000hz is called sibilance.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #482 of 7,931
^ I also think it comes under the overall heading of sibilance, but I think at ~5-6 kHz its specifically the sharp kind at the start of the pronunciation, instead of the extended 'ssss' sound at the end which if I've got my frequencies right comes from peaks higher up in the spectrum.

I'm more intolerant of sharpness than extended s, but I also like crisp sound. I prefer the LZ-A2, which is a little hot in this area, to the Fidue A73, which is not (in this area) but has almost no crispness as a result.

I like the balance the FLC8s strikes, and clearly a lot of effort has gone into finding it. Fascinating to learn how so many factors go into producing a specific sound. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #487 of 7,931
If anyone wants to test the amazing impulse response of the FLC8S, please listen to "Machines Do Care" by Phonat. Do try to get it in at least 320kbps MP3. I've got it in 44/24 FLAC. It's like this track was created for the FLC8! The only other headphone I remember to even remotely sound this good with this track is the Senns HD800. And I'm not even exagerating because this is one of my main auditioning tracks.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #489 of 7,931
Liking the feedback these are now getting
smily_headphones1.gif
Such an interesting earphone.

Wheres yours? 
wink_face.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #491 of 7,931
Haha...on tour
wink.gif
Looking to step up from budget stuff next year. These are on my list of interesting purchases. We shall see if I like them once the pair on the Canadian tour gets to me. Very excited to try them out.

These are the real deal if you're looking for true reference class IEMs.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #492 of 7,931
Welcome B9! The FLC8S is incredibly versatile, and can likely signature match every KZ you have haha.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #494 of 7,931
They can't fetch your paper either but that's alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back