FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #496 of 7,931

There's one thing they can't do...

They can't sound bad
smile_phones.gif

They don't come with a microwave oven... 

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #497 of 7,931
Welcome B9! The FLC8S is incredibly versatile, and can likely signature match every KZ you have haha.

LOLZ, don't mess with those KZ Krazies! I've tried a pair of some of "the best" KZ IEM and just don't get the hype!?!

B9Scrambler: It'll be a battle to the death with your FXH30 :wink_face:

Guys, I just tried some multi-BA IEM recently, and I think I like FLC 8S better. Granted I wasn't A/B'ing, have a cold, and need a little more time with them all. But I didn't get the same balance of reference + musicality I get with FLC 8S. Superb job Flcforrestwei!!!

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #498 of 7,931
  ^ I also think it comes under the overall heading of sibilance, but I think at ~5-6 kHz its specifically the sharp kind at the start of the pronunciation, instead of the extended 'ssss' sound at the end which if I've got my frequencies right comes from peaks higher up in the spectrum.

I'm more intolerant of sharpness than extended s, but I also like crisp sound. I prefer the LZ-A2, which is a little hot in this area, to the Fidue A73, which is not (in this area) but has almost no crispness as a result.

I like the balance the FLC8s strikes, and clearly a lot of effort has gone into finding it. Fascinating to learn how so many factors go into producing a specific sound. 

How does the LZ compare to the FLC8s?

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #499 of 7,931
Dec 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #501 of 7,931
LOLZ, don't mess with those KZ Krazies! I've tried a pair of some of "the best" KZ IEM and just don't get the hype!?!

B9Scrambler: It'll be a battle to the death with your FXH30 :wink_face:

Guys, I just tried some multi-BA IEM recently, and I think I like FLC 8S better. Granted I wasn't A/B'ing, have a cold, and need a little more time with them all. But I didn't get the same balance of reference + musicality I get with FLC 8S. Superb job Flcforrestwei!!!

Oddly enough I don't really like "the best" KZs all that much. The black sheep are my favs; ED10, ZS1 (love these so damn much), ANV, Micro Ring, HDS1 (exception made). ED9 and EDse just seem sloppy in comparison.

Death will come quickly for the FXH30 I am sure :wink:

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #503 of 7,931
 I'm contemplating between the FLC8s and the UE 900s.

I'm probably gonna read up a bit more before I take the plunge with getting one of these.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #504 of 7,931

I have three KZs incoming just to see what the hype is about. If I don't particularly like them they'll go to the wife, she's not picky. But I do hope to be surprised by them.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #506 of 7,931
I think I will just quit Head-fi now, these FLC8s are too good. I previously had an "OMG, its like hearing this for the first time" moment with my AKG 702's. Didnt think I would experience that again, but I am listening to some stuff right now and its Deja Vu all over again. 

Its seems that things normally obscured in the background at a lower volume than the rest of the track come to life unobscured.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #508 of 7,931
I think I will just quit Head-fi now, these FLC8s are too good. I previously had an "OMG, its like hearing this for the first time" moment with my AKG 702's. Didnt think I would experience that again, but I am listening to some stuff right now and its Deja Vu all over again. 

Its seems that things normally obscured in the background at a lower volume than the rest of the track come to life unobscured.

I know the feeling. I remember listening to the FLC8S a while ago and noticing people talking in the background. That's how good they're with micro detail retrieval.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #509 of 7,931
Just to chime in. The only other IEMs that have come close to the FLC8S is the Noble Savant and the new Jays Q-Jays. The FLC8 has the Q-Jays beat just slightly in every aspect, and the Noble from what I remember, have a slightly more effortless soundstage but the FLC8S are flatter with better tonality and note treble extension.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #510 of 7,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back