1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread

First

Back
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326
Next

Last
  1. Whaleshark12
    Oh my... So Excited for Forrest's latest creation!! [​IMG]

2. Flcforrestwei
    Oh, Rocky Moutain Audio Fest, we plan to attend, already reach the organizer, but have pay the fee yet.

3. nmatheis Contributor

That's great, Forrest. It'll be nice to meet you in person!

Right now, I'm planning on attending either Saturday or Sunday and spending the other day with my wife sightseeing around Denver.

4. canali
    just got the spinfit tips in (large)
    http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/
    ...fit the flc 8s pretty well imo.
    great seal so far...more testing to come.

5. willowbrook
    Sweet, I'll get to try mine today. So excited!

6. canali
    well you mileage may vary of course, esp with one's unique ears' shape, size of canals, etc.

7. ajaxender

Thank you for saying that. 

Saw a comment yesterday that claimed spiral dots are the 'gold standard', and that other tips 'only present 20% of the picture'. 

I mean, they're nice tips. But... they're tips. I guess, at least they're not $500 cables that are 'necessary' to hear (/see? metaphor is broken haha) the other 80% of the picture...

8. canali
    yeah, nuts to that, eh?
     i tried spiral dots..didn't work for me.
    bottom line: whatever ones work best for you are the 'gold standard' as is whatever dac, iems etc that you choose and like.
    stock black tips also work for me.

9. audio123
    Stock tips r the best imho

10. willowbrook

Stock tips sound really good, but they definitely feel a bit bigger than normal size due to the shape, thus making it uncomfortable for small ears and can't get deep insert either.

11. ezekiel77
    OT, but in my experience Spiral Dots tend to V-shape my IEMs, so I don't use them on any V-shaped IEMs to flatten the mids even more. Works wonders with forward-mid IEMs like the ATH-CKR9 and CKR10. I haven't felt the need to change from stock tips on the FLC8.

seanwee likes this.
  12. nmatheis Contributor
    Plus one for stock tips!

Just make sure you use one size smaller than you usually would...

13. ajaxender

Thats right. I love the FLC8 stock tips on the FLC8, and used them on my Harmony til it died. I try them on everything, but I've not found any other IEMs where they are the best option. I too have not found spiral dots to be my preferred option on any IEM yet, but I bet there'll be one.
    I do detect minor sound changes by tip-rolling but the best sounding ones are usually the most comfortable, go figure [​IMG]

Change that to 'make sure you try one size smaller than you usually would' and I'll agree [​IMG]. I'm medium with these tips as I am with most kinds. 

14. nmatheis Contributor

Yeah, yeah, yeah... [​IMG]

I hear you, though. For me, I definitely found going one size smaller let me insert them deeper for increased isolation and better overall sound. Of course, YMMV!

15. Taggerung
    Still no word on when the stock FLC8S tips will be available for purchase? I want them for all my iems.

First

Back
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326
Next

Last