FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #4,726 of 7,931
Oh my... So Excited for Forrest's latest creation!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #4,728 of 7,931
Oh, Rocky Moutain Audio Fest, we plan to attend, already reach the organizer, but have pay the fee yet.

That's great, Forrest. It'll be nice to meet you in person!

Right now, I'm planning on attending either Saturday or Sunday and spending the other day with my wife sightseeing around Denver.

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #4,732 of 7,931
  well you mileage may vary of course, esp with one's ears' shape etc.

Thank you for saying that. 

Saw a comment yesterday that claimed spiral dots are the 'gold standard', and that other tips 'only present 20% of the picture'. 

I mean, they're nice tips. But... they're tips. I guess, at least they're not $500 cables that are 'necessary' to hear (/see? metaphor is broken haha) the other 80% of the picture...

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #4,733 of 7,931

Thank you for saying that. 

Saw a comment yesterday that claimed spiral dots are the 'gold standard', and that other tips 'only present 20% of the picture'. 

I mean, they're nice tips. But... they're tips. I guess, at least they're not $500 cables that are 'necessary' to hear (/see? metaphor is broken haha) the other 80% of the picture...

yeah, nuts to that, eh?
 i tried spiral dots..didn't work for me.
bottom line: whatever ones work best for you are the 'gold standard' as is whatever dac, iems etc that you choose and like.
stock black tips also work for me.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #4,736 of 7,931
OT, but in my experience Spiral Dots tend to V-shape my IEMs, so I don't use them on any V-shaped IEMs to flatten the mids even more. Works wonders with forward-mid IEMs like the ATH-CKR9 and CKR10. I haven't felt the need to change from stock tips on the FLC8.

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #4,738 of 7,931
  yeah, nuts to that, eh?
 i tried spiral dots..didn't work for me.
bottom line: whatever ones work best for you are the 'gold standard' as is whatever dac, iems etc that you choose and like.
stock black tips also work for me.

Thats right. I love the FLC8 stock tips on the FLC8, and used them on my Harmony til it died. I try them on everything, but I've not found any other IEMs where they are the best option. I too have not found spiral dots to be my preferred option on any IEM yet, but I bet there'll be one.
I do detect minor sound changes by tip-rolling but the best sounding ones are usually the most comfortable, go figure 
rolleyes.gif

Plus one for stock tips!

Just make sure you use one size smaller than you usually would...

Change that to 'make sure you try one size smaller than you usually would' and I'll agree
tongue.gif
. I'm medium with these tips as I am with most kinds. 

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #4,739 of 7,931

Change that to 'make sure you try one size smaller than you usually would' and I'll agree
tongue.gif
. I'm medium with these tips as I am with most kinds. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah... 
tongue.gif

I hear you, though. For me, I definitely found going one size smaller let me insert them deeper for increased isolation and better overall sound. Of course, YMMV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back