FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #4,742 of 7,931
i've tried back the stock tips after reading you; curiously, the medium grey seals a bit more than white one in my ears, don't know why (they seem to be same size and material). tried the smallest ones, no success (huge air leaking). kept a thin spacer (1mm) to reach a bit more deeper insertion. anyway, i keep the spirals in the flcs box, together with another pair of 1mm spacers, just in case.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #4,743 of 7,931
  i've tried back the stock tips after reading you; curiously, the medium grey seals a bit more than white one in my ears, don't know why (they seem to be same size and material). tried the smallest ones, no success (huge air leaking). kept a thin spacer (1mm) to reach a bit more deeper insertion. anyway, i keep the spirals in the flcs box, together with another pair of 1mm spacers, just in case.

I don't think the stock is designed for deep insertion, I think it would be considered as wide bore. It creates awesome seal though.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #4,744 of 7,931
I don't think the stock is designed for deep insertion, I think it would be considered as wide bore. It creates awesome seal though.

I get deeper insertion with small tips while maintaining a good seal. Not support deep, mind you but certainly not shallow like I would with larger tips.

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #4,745 of 7,931

Stock tips sound really good, but they definitely feel a bit bigger than normal size due to the shape, thus making it uncomfortable for small ears and can't get deep insert either.

yes uncomfortable but sound is good. after all comfort comes first!

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #4,746 of 7,931
I like the stock tips ... have found I needed to drop down a size to get a good fit... small stock tips ARE included, so no problems here ... sound is great, I tried a few different tips, later returned to the stock ones and now stick with them and the sound they contribute to...

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #4,748 of 7,931

yes.
lows: sirius bass is better due to the dynamic driver in place.
mids: sirius has a more engaging midrange than andromeda.
highs: andromeda extension is better than sirius.
treble: both have smooth treble.
resolution: both are about on par with andromeda slightly better.
soundstage: sirius's soundstage is way wider than andromeda.
sound signature: andromeda is clearly more detailed than sirius hence compromise on soundstage. this also makes it colder than sirius. sirius has the right tonal balance and a hint of warmth, thus making it more musical than andromeda.

Which one isolated better? I hear the Sirius' isolation is pretty bad because of the shallow insert

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #4,749 of 7,931
A picture of spinfit vs spiraldot vs orofon tips.
500x1000px-LL-59c9ddb1_IMG_20150219_183113.jpeg

Spiraldot and orofon are wide bore, spinfit slightly smaller bore, but the extra height of spinfit probably makes up for the spacers that other tips need.

Bore comparison.

Aug 6, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #4,750 of 7,931
So I just got the spinfits. Oh man, due to better fit and seal, definitely better subbass and bass response. The gold filter was on the edge of becoming too sibilant for me with stock tips and these tips are really pushing it really to the edge due to deeper seal. However, I feel that mids, treble detail retrieval has somewhat increased due to deeper seal. Overall, there is not much difference between the stock tip and spinfits regarding imaging, soundstage. If you have trouble getting a proper fit (flc8s sticking out due to the stock tips not inserting deep enough), I would really recommend these. You might not be listening to the full capability of flc8s. For me, the stock small tips were a bit too big and small spinfits fit perfectly. The mediums are too big for me and the xsml are of course too small for me, these are for really young kids or babies I assume...^^

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #4,754 of 7,931
So the left cable would not bend properly, got fed up and took the plastic off to reveal the cable. There is a long metal that is about the size of a paperclip that is glued to the inside of the plastic top end. Apparently mine chipped off due to a lot of moving and what not. Terrible implementation IMO. Anyway, so much better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back