FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2,659 of 7,931
Same here. Not sure why they've got such a cult following.

bloated bass, muddy vocals, recessed mids
frown.gif

pretty much sums it

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #2,660 of 7,931
Same here. Not sure why they've got such a cult following.

To be fair, I got my Delta for about $100 in the Kickstarter campaign and I think it has excellent value. It might not compare quite as well to the $350 FLC8s, but that is sort of expected. It is more of a matter of perspective..

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #2,661 of 7,931

To be fair, I got my Delta for about $100 in the Kickstarter campaign and I think it has excellent value. It might not compare quite as well to the $350 FLC8s, but that is sort of expected. It is more of a matter of perspective..

That's fair.

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2,662 of 7,931
Ordered the spinfit medium tips. Will see how they sound with the FLC8S.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #2,665 of 7,931
  bloated bass, muddy vocals, recessed mids
frown.gif

pretty much sums it

My pair is nothing like that.  Mid-bass hump - yes (being addressed in version 2). Muddy vocals?  Nothing could be further from the truth.  It's what I loved about them the most.  And the mid-range (for me anyway) is brilliant.  I prefer them to the Atlas.  The FLC8S is in a different league though - and should be for the price differential.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #2,666 of 7,931

My pair is nothing like that.  Mid-bass hump - yes (being addressed in version 2). Muddy vocals?  Nothing could be further from the truth.  It's what I loved about them the most.  And the mid-range (for me anyway) is brilliant.  I prefer them to the Atlas.  The FLC8S is in a different league though - and should be for the price differential.

I assume you've finally got the FLC8S? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. 
biggrin.gif

I'm still due to review mine. Been putting it off as I really want to sit down and do it justice. To this day, I believe that the FLC8S is the best IEM I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #2,667 of 7,931

I second this. I'm not big on the Atlas, though fit issues are part of that. I'd agree it has fairly impressive bass well controlled for the quantity, but I disagree that it's better quality than the FLC8S. Delta is still my go to for exercise and I have no problems with that.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #2,668 of 7,931
Personally I think Atlas excels better than the Delta due to its mid range and details. We have to wait for the Master :p

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #2,669 of 7,931
Personally I think Atlas excels better than the Delta due to its mid range and details. We have to wait for the Master
tongue.gif

Easiest way to show you is to measure them:

Atlas actually has more of a dip (comparatively) at 1-2K than Delta does. And Atlas also has more bass.  The difference is in the sub -bass (personally I find the Atlas - for my tastes - just has a little too much). And the Delta mids have a small peak in the presence area so they have great vocal overtones and harmonics without going too far.  The Atlas has the same, but they are more pronounced.  Some will really like this - personally I prefer the slightly understated and more balanced Delta.  I still believe it is the finest IEM Bob produced to date.  And I can't wait to hear the Delta 2 - because is some of that mid-bass has been flattened, they may well be the perfect IEM for me.

Sorry for going OT.

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #2,670 of 7,931

I assume you've finally got the FLC8S? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. 
biggrin.gif

I'm still due to review mine. Been putting it off as I really want to sit down and do it justice. To this day, I believe that the FLC8S is the best IEM I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

Igor - I really like the FLC8S.  I've been busy with a short business trip last few days - so its put me a little behind, but I should be organising a review for it within the next two weeks. I wouldn't say it is the best IEM I have - but then again I haven't tried all the combos out critically yet, and with the options available - it could get there.  But in pure technicality, it's not going to reach the level of the U6 (not should it).  So far I've found it to be excellent though, and I think it lives really well in its price point.  I'm very much looking forward to getting to the actual review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back