FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #2,643 of 7,931
True , Atlas lacks some instrument separation and also not  sibilance prone as 8s!  . Cheaper 130,- USD. No worry Forrest! Keep on!  ljokerl, Paulo, Nick etc. are great reviews! With lot of experience. I'm an average user with my own taste - since 40 years. Never use EQ in portable music listening - preferably sell the IEM - as did with 8s. Peace!

Mar 12, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #2,644 of 7,931
Been super busy with a new job. Trying to set up a production lab from nothing to operational in one month, so please excuse my absence from HF. I am glad to see the FLC thread generating a lot of good duscussion. Bravo!!!

No IEM is "sibilant"

Music can contain sibilance - and for that you can blame the guys who organised the recording, and how it was mastered.  An IEM can mask, portray honestly, or accentuate areas of sibilance.

Sibilance also occurs in different areas of the frequency band for each of us - our trigger point will differ due to our own physical make-up.

The nice thing about the FLC8S is that you can tone individual frequencies to help mask sibilant areas - although I would prefer top simply use EQ for the tracks or albums I know are sibilant, or even use de-essing software and permanently fix those tracks/albums.

Totally agree with Paul on this and would add that insertion depth matters. I'm wondering if the HF'er who preferred SpinFit tips might be getting not only a better seal as mentioned but might also be inserting them deeper. I know I found I enjoy FLC more when I put in a smaller pair of tips and insert deeper instead of shallow insertion. Sounds better and is more stable.

Got the silver cable and finnaly a cable that shows this IEM full potential. Great difference from tighter, more defined bass, to cleaner, more refined treble. Well worth the €€€. Looks like I got an FLC9.

Glad you finally got the nice silver cable and are enjoying it!
:beerchug:

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #2,645 of 7,931
  True , Atlas lacks some instrument separation and also not  sibilance prone as 8s!  . Cheaper 130,- USD. No worry Forrest! Keep on!  ljokerl, Paulo, Nick etc. are great reviews! With lot of experience. I'm an average user with my own taste - since 40 years. Never use EQ in portable music listening - preferably sell the IEM - as did with 8s. Peace!

Right, bud. Atlas is great value for money.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #2,648 of 7,931
I guess I am in the minority. I was pretty disappointed with the Delta. Big mid bass hump, rolled off sub bass and shout upper mids to my ear. For me flc8s kills the Delta, no question.

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #2,650 of 7,931
agreed. depends on the sound signature and build quality you desire. as for me the flc8s do indeed has wider soundstage and depth. Imaging and details retrieval are better to a certain extent. Atlas just impresses me with the build quality. If you want best of both worlds, Pinnacle P1.
just scored a P1 for $170, cancelled flc8 order (for now, will try at some point im sure but will wait for used ones to pop up)

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #2,651 of 7,931
I guess I am in the minority. I was pretty disappointed with the Delta. Big mid bass hump, rolled off sub bass and shout upper mids to my ear. For me flc8s kills the Delta, no question.

You are not the only one mate.. I feel the same as well. But I do like the Delta's Gold filter. That sparkle though..
rolleyes.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #2,653 of 7,931

You are not the only one mate.. I feel the same as well. But I do like the Delta's Gold filter. That sparkle though..
rolleyes.gif

I am too in that boat.

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #2,654 of 7,931

agreed.
Flc8s 9.0/10 extra 0.2 than atlas due to the better details and soundstage
Atlas 8.8/10
Delta 7.9/10

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #2,655 of 7,931
One thing I noticed about the FLC8s is that it even sounds great out of non audiophile sources like laptops or generic phones. Bass response and clarity is not quite the same as plugged into an amp, but it's not too bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back