FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #2,671 of 7,931

Igor - I really like the FLC8S.  I've been busy with a short business trip last few days - so its put me a little behind, but I should be organising a review for it within the next two weeks. I wouldn't say it is the best IEM I have - but then again I haven't tried all the combos out critically yet, and with the options available - it could get there.  But in pure technicality, it's not going to reach the level of the U6 (not should it).  So far I've found it to be excellent though, and I think it lives really well in its price point.  I'm very much looking forward to getting to the actual review.

That's really nice to hear that you also like it. @H20Fidelity should be getting one very soon as well I'm quite curious to see his impressions as well, he's a bit of a picky person. 
tongue_smile.gif

Forrest has out done himself! 

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #2,672 of 7,931
Apparently FLC8 even passed Sargent Svyr's critical standards.

That's saying something as I've labeled him the 'executioner' 
devil_face.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #2,673 of 7,931
  Apparently FLC8 even passed Sargent Svyr's critical standards.

That's saying something as I've labeled him the 'executioner' 
devil_face.gif

Who?

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #2,676 of 7,931
  Anyone could compare FLC8s betwwen Audiofly AF180?
Regards!

I have audit the AF180  before , for around 30 min.
So do take my impression as a grain of salt.
The AF180 is kind of a V shaped sounding IEM. With boosted bass and lifted treble. But the bass isn't as impactful as the FLC with Grey and Red subass port. Mid's on the FLC sound more natural and airy. AF180 Vocal/mids sounds a little laid back imo. The AF180 do sound a little lack of sparkle though, compared to the FLC. I'm using the gold filter with a JVC spiral dot tips (Might induce high). Overall I would say the AF is a warm sounding iem, which the FLC is a little more to balance, but with the red filter nahh... Not sure how to describe it.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #2,680 of 7,931
One of the reviews here mentions there's a straight cable. I really disliked the over-ear design on a pair of Shures I had a few years ago. But the FLC 8S sounds otherwise like a perfect upgrade from KEF M200. And the replaceable cable should avoid the issue of broken cables.

Where can I get a straight cable for the FLC, and does anyone have experience how well they work with one?

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #2,685 of 7,931
  Still amazed by the improvement from the silver cable...

Thanks, I look forward to trying the Silver Crystal cable.  Ordered 17FEB and still waiting for delivery...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back