FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #2,701 of 7,931

Don't know the KEF, but the FLC should play in another (= higher) league, especially in terms of mids and instrument separation. And of course for the sake of versatility:

ULF-Filters:
(ULF Filter  I  Grey  I  Gold)

LF-Filters:
(Grey  I  LF Filter  I  Gold)

MF-/HF-Filters:
(Grey  I  Grey  I  MF/HF Filter)

Excuse my ignorance where is the base line or 0 level in this kind of graphs?

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2,704 of 7,931

It's relative so it doesn't matter.  Take it as a flat line at -20 dB if it suits (ie the 1 kHz equilibrium point)

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2,705 of 7,931

Don't know the KEF, but the FLC should play in another (= higher) league, especially in terms of mids and instrument separation. And of course for the sake of versatility:

ULF-Filters:
(ULF Filter  I  Grey  I  Gold)

LF-Filters:
(Grey  I  LF Filter  I  Gold)

MF-/HF-Filters:
(Grey  I  Grey  I  MF/HF Filter)

On the left side, at ~ -20/-18 dB should be the ground-line. Anyway, the graphs are mainly there to show the relative effect and difference of the filter groups.

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #2,707 of 7,931
Microphonics are not a problem but i've been sitting while listening... the cable is longer than stock flc8 cable an it's stiff but not to the poing is annoying.. i think its made like that so it wont tangle 

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #2,708 of 7,931
  Well I ended up buying the cable from effect audio (tf 10 one) cuase was cheaper. Forrest kindly offered me a replacement but I couldn't arrange the shipment with my courier. They look weird but now sound ok :D

Which version of the cable did you order and how do you like it? Microphonics? Any difference in the sound?

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #2,709 of 7,931

Which version of the cable did you order and how do you like it? Microphonics? Any difference in the sound?

Details of the order:

[Crystal] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio Connector
UE TF10
Termination Type
1/8" Straight
Color
Silver
EA20101-UE TF10-1/8" Straight-A-Silver1US$49.90

Microphonics not a problem so far but im a my desk right now at work...Sound still awesome... Right now its all gray and usually I use grey grey red....I will have to switch it when i get home... But i think overall its the same sound...Also im using it with my work dac amp fiio e07k the one at home its bassier and more refined

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #2,710 of 7,931
Details of the order:

[Crystal] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio
Connector
UE TF10

Termination Type
1/8" Straight

Color
Silver

EA20101-UE TF10-1/8" Straight-A-Silver1US$49.90
[tr] [/tr]

Microphonics not a problem so far but im a my desk right now at work...Sound still awesome... Right now its all gray and usually I use grey grey red....I will have to switch it when i get home... But i think overall its the same sound...Also im using it with my work dac amp fiio e07k the one at home its bassier and more refined

How much was shipping? Any idea where it ships from and which service they use? Cant seem to fins that information anywhere on their page.

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,711 of 7,931
How much was shipping? Any idea where it ships from and which service they use? Cant seem to fins that information anywhere on their page.

Company is in China... shipping was around 10 bucks to Perú :D...there was another option of 20 or 40 bucks i dont recall

Standard International Shipping(10-15 Working Days)  

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #2,712 of 7,931
   Company is in China... shipping was around 10 bucks to Perú :D...there was another option of 20 or 40 bucks i dont recall

Standard International Shipping(10-15 Working Days)  

Company is in Singapore
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back