FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #2,735 of 7,931
I will try this
smily_headphones1.gif

It's the most analytical "filter"
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,736 of 7,931
One week owner of FLC8S here. After trying out many different filter combinations I always find myself going back to the stock grey-grey-gold configuration. It provides the most balanced sound with really sweet mids, and using any other combinations either made the bass too intrusive or the treble too sharp. At its stock configuration it is simply one of the best IEMs I have ever heard, regardless of price (having heard many TOTL universals). That said, this will probably keep me happy for a long time, as I no longer have any desire to upgrade. :D

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #2,737 of 7,931
One week owner of FLC8S here. After trying out many different filter combinations I always find myself going back to the stock grey-grey-gold configuration. It provides the most balanced sound with really sweet mids, and using any other combinations either made the bass too intrusive or the treble too sharp. At its stock configuration it is simply one of the best IEMs I have ever heard, regardless of price (having heard many TOTL universals). That said, this will probably keep me happy for a long time, as I no longer have any desire to upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Haha nice! Interesting that you find the grey-grey-gold better than the grey-red-gold. Shall try the stock config again, you're making me curious 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #2,738 of 7,931
One week owner of FLC8S here. After trying out many different filter combinations I always find myself going back to the stock grey-grey-gold configuration. It provides the most balanced sound with really sweet mids, and using any other combinations either made the bass too intrusive or the treble too sharp. At its stock configuration it is simply one of the best IEMs I have ever heard, regardless of price (having heard many TOTL universals). That said, this will probably keep me happy for a long time, as I no longer have any desire to upgrade.
biggrin.gif

I'm curious. How does the mids of FLC sound to you? It is similar or way different than the ATH CK100's mids?

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #2,739 of 7,931

Haha nice! Interesting that you find the grey-grey-gold better than the grey-red-gold. Shall try the stock config again, you're making me curious 
bigsmile_face.gif

Just shows how drastic people's preferences are, and how well the FLC8S can cater to those preferences. 
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #2,740 of 7,931
Haha nice! Interesting that you find the grey-grey-gold better than the grey-red-gold. Shall try the stock config again, you're making me curious :bigsmile_face:

The grey-red-gold is great too but it has just a little too much sub bass for my taste. Though if I'm in the mood for more bass, the red filter does an awesome job at it. That's the beauty of FLC8S, being able to change the sound to satisfy any cravings at any time. :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #2,741 of 7,931
I'm curious. How does the mids of FLC sound to you? It is similar or way different than the ATH CK100's mids?

While they are both similar in mid forwardness (with the gold filter), the FLCs have a much more natural tonality and higher resolution. The CK100's tonality is pretty unnatural and takes some getting used to (typical AT coloration). The FLC's naturalness makes it easy to immediately appreciate the mids and it reveals micro details I have never heard in CK100. The FLC has basically replaced the CK100 for me, as it beats the CK100 in its own game and then some. :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #2,742 of 7,931
The grey-red-gold is great too but it has just a little too much sub bass for my taste. Though if I'm in the mood for more bass, the red filter does an awesome job at it. That's the beauty of FLC8S, being able to change the sound to satisfy any cravings at any time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha very true. Just tried the grey-grey-gold again. A little too little sub bass for my taste 
wink.gif
 so back to grey-red-gold. To each his own! 

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #2,743 of 7,931
While they are both similar in mid forwardness (with the gold filter), the FLCs have a much more natural tonality and higher resolution. The CK100's tonality is pretty unnatural and takes some getting used to (typical AT coloration). The FLC's naturalness makes it easy to immediately appreciate the mids and it reveals micro details I have never heard in CK100. The FLC has basically replaced the CK100 for me, as it beats the CK100 in its own game and then some.
smily_headphones1.gif

I do like the AT house sound though. Well I guess I would stop considering the CK100 then =D Thanks for your insight . 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #2,744 of 7,931
Does anyone know if there will be a sale on the FLC8S? I saw that LMUE had a sale on black friday, and that there has been chatter about a sale coming soon on these? Would love to try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back