FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #2,746 of 7,931
  Does anyone know if there will be a sale on the FLC8S? I saw that LMUE had a sale on black friday, and that there has been chatter about a sale coming soon on these? Would love to try them out.

Forrest said that they had some negative impact with recent sales which I can understand. Best bet for cheaper is to buy used. Black friday or christmas are the only days I expect a big sale.

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #2,747 of 7,931

It's the most analytical "filter"
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know about you, but red, gray, no filter sounds very muffled to me. Turned into something completely different as in a step down in overall resolution. Maybe you mean no filters at all for all 3?

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #2,748 of 7,931
To my ears, as I was playing around with my old Spinfit tips and comparing with my current use of spiral dots, I find the Spinfits slightly more mellow sounding with a very slight bit of muffling on the miss. This is especially apparent on female vocals.
This could be due to the way my ear canals are shaped and of course YMMV.

On the Gunmetal blue filter, I quite like it with red and Grey combo but the Gold is just so special when it comes to vocals especially Diana Krall, Christina Grimmie, Karen Carpenter, Lana del Rey just to name a few

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #2,749 of 7,931
To my ears, as I was playing around with my old Spinfit tips and comparing with my current use of spiral dots, I find the Spinfits slightly more mellow sounding with a very slight bit of muffling on the miss. This is especially apparent on female vocals.
This could be due to the way my ear canals are shaped and of course YMMV.

On the Gunmetal blue filter, I quite like it with red and Grey combo but the Gold is just so special when it comes to vocals especially Diana Krall, Christina Grimmie, Karen Carpenter, Lana del Rey just to name a few

Gold is surely something. I wish you could have the lovely mids along with treble extension like the gun blue. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be really nice

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2,750 of 7,931
Gold is surely something. I wish you could have the lovely mids along with treble extension like the gun blue. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be really nice

We asked Forrest and his reply was to remove the filter in the middle of the Gold nozzle haha
I'll just have to live it, not like it's terrible :p

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,755 of 7,931
Still can't believe how this little IEM humbles some of the big boys.... 
basshead.gif

Like someone posted recently, I've settled on the stock combo of filters: grey/grey/gold. Smooth, detailed, and just right... And I'm using Sony old school hybrid tips. Fit was really tricky for me (angle of nozzle doesn't seem to line up very well with my ear canals, and the right side especially wants to work back out), so it took a lot tip trials to find something to work in an ideal way. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2,757 of 7,931
  Still can't believe how this little IEM humbles some of the big boys.... 
basshead.gif

Like someone posted recently, I've settled on the stock combo of filters: grey/grey/gold. Smooth, detailed, and just right... And I'm using Sony old school hybrid tips. Fit was really tricky for me (angle of nozzle doesn't seem to line up very well with my ear canals, and the right side especially wants to work back out), so it took a lot tip trials to find something to work in an ideal way. 

Agree with the angle of the nozzle. Took me a long time to get the right angle, especially for the right side! Haha just something about the right huh.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2,759 of 7,931
So I recently got in the Shanling M5 for testing and was asked how it sounds with my trusty FLC8S. The answer in one word: freakingfantastical!!!

Did some back and forth between M5 and X7, and to my ears, M5 was just killing X7. If y'all get a chance to give one of these Shanling DAPs a listen, just do it! Not gonna take down the almighty PAW Gold by any means, but still damn good for ~$500.
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back