FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #2,779 of 7,931
  Man, I can't wait for an FLC9.

Stop you!!! 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #2,780 of 7,931

tf10 0.75mm can't fit mine so I have to resort to 0.74mm...

It must be a very, VERY rigid material if it's so precise as to not allow an extra 10 microns in there. Lol

Mar 23, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #2,781 of 7,931
It must be a very, VERY rigid material if it's so precise as to not allow an extra 10 microns in there. Lol
I tried with a variation of tf10 cables but it does not make the cut ):

Mar 23, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #2,782 of 7,931
I tried with a variation of tf10 cables but it does not make the cut ):

Dat tolerance! 
eek.gif

@Flcforrestwei what are the manufacturing tolerances applied onto the socket? I have a feeling that they might be a hair too tight then.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #2,783 of 7,931
Dat tolerance! :eek:

@Flcforrestwei
 what are the manufacturing tolerances applied onto the socket? I have a feeling that they might be a hair too tight then.
all for the pursuit of better sound

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,784 of 7,931
What's the burn in time for the dynamic driver? The low end is currently not as significant as my IE80s. Also, does the original FLC8 cable really favor the low end and reduces brightness? I ordered them regardless because the stock cable does not like glasses and is microphonic.

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,785 of 7,931
What's the burn in time for the dynamic driver? The low end is currently not as significant as my IE80s. Also, does the original FLC8 cable really favor the low end and reduces brightness? I ordered them regardless because the stock cable does not like glasses and is microphonic.

Try using the red ULF filter. If that doesn't have enough bass for you, add the black LF filter. That should do the trick. After hundreds of hours I don't hear any change that could be attributed to physical burn in. IF there was any change it was so gradual that it's most likely brain burn in.

I really like the sound upgrade with my new FLC Silver Crystal cable, but it doesn't have the original FLC8 cable's feel, weight, tangle resistance.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #2,786 of 7,931
Try using the red ULF filter. If that doesn't have enough bass for you, add the black LF filter. That should do the trick. After hundreds of hours I don't hear any change that could be attributed to physical burn in. IF there was any change it was so gradual that it's most likely brain burn in.

I really like the sound upgrade with my new FLC Silver Crystal cable, but it doesn't have the original FLC8 cable's feel, weight, tangle resistance.

Heya, would you mind giving more in-depth thoughts on the sound of the silver cable? And when you saw that it doesn't have the original cable's feel, weight, and tangle resistance, how bad is it? 

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #2,787 of 7,931

I was already running the red and black, along with the blue nozzle. I'm no basshead but after using the IE80s for a year, it's quite apparent to me that the low end is definitely not as powerful comparatively. The comfort and fit however is superior and once the replacement cable arrives, will be even better. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #2,788 of 7,931
I was already running the red and black, along with the blue nozzle. I'm no basshead but after using the IE80s for a year, it's quite apparent to me that the low end is definitely not as powerful comparatively. The comfort and fit however is superior and once the replacement cable arrives, will be even better. 

Red/Black/Blue is the MAX BASS setup used by the #1 basshead @hawaiibadboy. He gave it 5 stars and praised the FLC8 sub bass and bass to mid transition. Maybe you need to try larger tips to get a good seal. Anyway, you'll probably like the original FLC8 cable better than the current blue cable.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #2,789 of 7,931

You folks should use an EQ. The FLC8 will rumble better than the IE80 for sure on Hip Hop or rock tracks where you want the bassist up front.  IE80 has a tuning system if I remember (owned them briefly) bass peaks late 80Hz? You can get a better 55Hz -30Hz hit with the FLC8 if you eq. Are you using an amp?

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #2,790 of 7,931

Tighter bass, crisper (yet not fatiguing) highs. Am I close?
:wink_face:

Two or three if us have already gone over this earlier in the thread. It's worth the purchase IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back