FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
May 29, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #121 of 320
Is there any issue using FLACplayer over Airplay? I'd like to stream music wirelessly directly from my Touch (no external library) to an Airport Express, then optical to a DAC.

Anyone using that configuration?

May 30, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #122 of 320
Is there any issue using FLACplayer over Airplay? I'd like to stream music wirelessly directly from my Touch (no external library) to an Airport Express, then optical to a DAC.

Anyone using that configuration?

It works fine. I'm listening from that configuration right now (using an iPad instead of a touch). Even using the iPad to reply while streaming to the express. Works great. Sounds good.

You will be limited to the airport express hardware limitations for playback, so high rate files will be automatically down sampled. 16/48 is the limit with the AE, I think? Someone else might confirm. No other limitations that I know of.

Edit: Just as a test I tried using the volume slider, with a DacMagic I get volume control as well. My preference is to leave it maxed and control volume with the amp.

May 30, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #123 of 320
I tried airplay briefly at the Danish meet in March from Flac Player on my iPhone to the new Marantz receiver or what ever it is and it worked

May 30, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #124 of 320
Awesome. Thanks to you both for your replies. Exactly the info I was looking for!

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #125 of 320
Hi,

After running a squeezbox on flac for a number of years, I've just bought my first mp3 player, mainly to listen to music in the car, as I've never got on with headphones for some reason.

I've had my eye on the ipod touch for a while as I understand the quality of playback is pretty good, but the only thing holding me back was having to convert all my flac files to apple ones and then re tag everything :-o  same as android phones all that file converting :frowning2:

Came across this thread, and hence, bought a touch and flac player, rather impressed with how easy the program installed and how easy it is to load my flac files on to the ipod :-D and get listening.  I've actually now been playing my flacs on the ipod through the head phones and loving the sound, and it's impressive in the car too via a line out / 3.5 adaptor.

The only thing I've been missing, is the making up of playlists...  is the function there somewhere? and I'm missing it, or is it just missing?

Many thanks for any comments,
Cheers
DC   

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #126 of 320
It's not there, you can only play a collection.

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #128 of 320
Now going to answer my own question
rolleyes.gif
  that leads to another...

Last time I was reading this thread I was looking for users comments like yours (nc8000) to see if I could work the app, and I do find it rather
good :)

I must have skimmed over Leehro's post (no.65) where in the last paragraph, my question is answered :)

Leading on to the next question, when and how would one find out when the next update is available, please ?

Jun 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #129 of 320
When a new version is out you find it in the App Store app on you iPhone or Touch or in the Programs section in iTunes on your computer

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #131 of 320
The next version (with playlists) is still in development.  There are a lot of changes under the hood, and I've made major upgrades to the underlying database of songs and metadata to support playlists, and album/artist organization.

Thanks for the support and patience everyone, hope it'll be worth the wait!

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #132 of 320

Quote:
You will be limited to the airport express hardware limitations for playback, so high rate files will be automatically down sampled. 16/48 is the limit with the AE, I think? Someone else might confirm. 

This is correct. In fact as the Airport Express is portable and creates it's own network, surprised it's not more used transportably if one likes the iPhone/iPad free from being tied down with wires.  

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #133 of 320

Quote:
The next version (with playlists) is still in development.  There are a lot of changes under the hood, and I've made major upgrades to the underlying database of songs and metadata to support playlists, and album/artist organization.

Thanks for the support and patience everyone, hope it'll be worth the wait!

Cheers for the reply!
Looking forward to it :)

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #135 of 320
Should work with anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back