FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #153 of 320
I recently installed Golden Ear on my iPad to play FLAC.  I haven't done much with it other than load some FLAC files and play them back, but no glitches and so far I like the program.  Nothing fancy really.  There are some options for playlist backgrounds.  It supports creating playlists on the iPad but not many features beyond that, although not sure what else you might need.

Anybody else try Golden Ear?  What do you think?  How does it compare to FLAC Player?  I've also picked up on Buzz Player in this thread.  There are some others I gather as well.  Any concensus on what's best yet, and why?

I'd also like to find a player that can play ogg vorbis files as I've managed to collect some of those as well.  Anything play both FLAC and Ogg?

I'm not too worried about hi-res.  Most of my FLAC files I ripped myself from CD. 

I'm getting the CKK and have the Dr. Bot T3.  My setup is going to be

Golden Ear >iPad >CKK >T3 >Predator

I'm also thinking of using the iPad in a desktop setup

iPad >PS Audio Digital Link III >CTH possibly trying StreamToMe or other way of streaming to the iPad. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #154 of 320
The VLC app should be able to play Flac.

On the desktop, I've had poor experiences with VLC and FLAC, including crashing of the program and static in the music.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #155 of 320
hi!
how can I add lyrics to my songs?
I just can add doc file to the album folder , and can't open it on now playing window , like what we doing with standard ipod player

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #157 of 320
Anyone have this app (flacplayer) and tried switching between the iPod player(ALAC) and flacplayer (using the same track)?

Is there any difference in sound?

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #158 of 320
Did some testing of 1.2 today.  Overall operation was good as was SQ.  I was playing out through an Algorythm Solo.  I set up a play list for the first time and I had a few slight delays/skips.  I shut down all my other apps and still had one during playback, but I noticed that I had push mail activated.  I plan to reload my tracks, I've just been upgrading and haven't done a reload.  I'll also shut down mail pushes to see if it gives a little more processing power to the player to avoid those skips.

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #159 of 320

Quote:
Anyone have this app (flacplayer) and tried switching between the iPod player(ALAC) and flacplayer (using the same track)?

Is there any difference in sound?

I have been using this app (beta) for about a month now. I am enjoying it very much.It is my go to music player on my iPod touch touch 4G now.
Sometimes I use equalizer app still when I am fatigued and want to roll the highs off slightly.

There are choices to select albums, shuffle all songs, artists, and create playlists.

Probably they will be releasing and updated version soon, as the beta is near its end.

Very nice and functional app.

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #160 of 320
So I recently updated my 3rd gen ipod touch to ios5 and flac player has been a bit buggy ever since.  So far, playback (actual decoding I guess) has been fine but navigation is a bit of a problem.  Menu scrolling is very slow/sticky and sometimes it forgets a few commands and reverts back to a previous menu.  One time I decided to switch albums that I was listening to and it played the first track on the new album and then reverted back and started to play a track from the previous album.   

Anyone else having issues with ios5 and flac player?

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #162 of 320
Yesterday, I sent Flac Player support an email about two issues from my iPhone 3GS on iOS 5:
1) when plugged into Honda Civic via USB with auxiliary control, the Next Track / Previous Track buttons produce the reverse desired effect.
2) when you have zero tracks from iTunes transferred to your device, files in Flac Player can not be played.

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #163 of 320

Quote:
So I recently updated my 3rd gen ipod touch to ios5 and flac player has been a bit buggy ever since.  So far, playback (actual decoding I guess) has been fine but navigation is a bit of a problem.  Menu scrolling is very slow/sticky and sometimes it forgets a few commands and reverts back to a previous menu.  One time I decided to switch albums that I was listening to and it played the first track on the new album and then reverted back and started to play a track from the previous album.   

Anyone else having issues with ios5 and flac player?

I used the player all day today via iPad 1 (iOS5) - CLAS...  No problems.

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #164 of 320
Hi,  Nice to have playlists on the latest version of flac player :)

But, my ipod seems to think that tracks in various albums are actually albums, so I have long long lists of albums, I still use collections to pick tunes from.

Any way, far more importantly, as flac player plays tracks and playlists fine, sync has filled my C drive up with all the documents associated with Flac player (all my flac tunes), needless to say I have all my flacs on a seperate drive and they don't need to be backed up from my ipod when sync happens - Please, any idea how to not sync, or back up, the documents associated with flac player?

Much appreciate any input!

Cheers
DC

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #165 of 320
I think you can go into the settings on itunes and turn off the auto sync feature.  I've weaned myself off of itunes for the most part and the only reason I keep it is to sync my touch to flac player.  I sort of wish I could just drag and drop flac files on the ipod without needing itunes but I guess Apple wants to keep users in its ecosystem.  
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back