FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Sep 27, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #316 of 320
Is there an ios app that can output 24/96 to DAC? I have FLAC Player by Dan Leehr already but don't want to spend money on other apps without knowing.

I have encountered a strange thing. I connect my iPhone 6s to Fiio ALPEN 2-E17K with micro USB on Fiio and Lightning on iPhone. I can verify on the Fiio screen that it is receiving digital 24/96.

If I use a normal apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, the player plays for 1 minute fine but after that, the audio starts to have distortions.

Now if I use an apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, these were made for iPad Pro, Flac Player plays the whole audio fine, no distortions.

Any idea why and how do you connect your iphone to a DAC? What DAC and adapter you use?

Someone here recommended NePLAYER Lite to me recently and I have been having impressive results. It handles 24bit up to 384k for only £2.99.

As for your distortion problem are you on ios10?

On my 6s+ I have had distortion problems since the first betas when outputting to an external DAC using either types of Camera Connector. It happens with flacplayer, Tidal, etc and may start after 1 minute or 1 hour. I can't reproduce the problem on my iPhone 5 though.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #319 of 320
I am fairly sure that I have accidentally loaded tracks by folder with FLAC Player but I will try it for you later this week.

By the way the distortion I mentioned in the post above was caused by using an ad blocker that ios10 doesn't play nicely with. Apple had already given me a new iPhone 6s Plus before I worked this out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back