FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #2,956 of 4,896
Quote:
I'm so jealous, why doesn't sydney have these festivals? so the parterre ain't that great 

Sydney has Can-Con which a few of the folks here organise. It's a meet of members in addition to some members of trade. If it's done right, I can't see why the the likes of FitEar, & other Japanese makers (or their reps) pop by for the show.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #2,957 of 4,896
Just got a pair of these myself to compare with the Parterre when it arrives. So far my impressions are mixed. Build quality is far and away the best I've seen on a $$$ IEM so far, simply exquisite. Bass is slightly overly emphasized for my tastes and a bit slow on complex songs, but very well done and enjoyable. Mids sound recessed compared to what I'm used to and there's some sparkle/energy in the treble that might cause me fatigue with extended listening. Easy listening at low volumes, there's also a slight echo (reverb?) in the sound IMO. Not sure if it's intentionally done, but it is well implemented and not at all aggravating to listen to - somewhat enhances the intimacy of the IEM to me. Not sure if these'll stay for the long haul, but definitely worth a listen.

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,958 of 4,896
every person have its own taste and character for the sound

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #2,960 of 4,896
Quote:
Oh i didn't see Can-Con i was at Thailand at that time, so will there be anther Can-con next year i would like to attend. Btw anyone try the 334 with fiio x3 or colorfly c3?

I tried my 334 with x3 (stock) and find it too warm for my taste.  Very mid centric and almost an in your face type sound..... Haven't tried it with C3.

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #2,961 of 4,896
So you find the X3s sound signature to be overall warm and mid-centric or is this a combination of the 334s sound signature as well?

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #2,962 of 4,896
I had both x3 and 334 only for a day but I'll have to agree it wasn't a great pairing for me.
couldn't put my finger on why, and it's been storming in my head ever since. I though the 334 was cool with anything as long as the source was pretty noiseless. and I had this idea of super low impedance and power from X3 tightening the bass. all was good on paper, but I didn't like it.
I'm guessing the soundstage becomes too intimate and spoils the fun of the 334's imaging.

oh well it happens! X3 is still versatile, 334 still amazing, they'll just be happier not together.

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #2,963 of 4,896
Quote:
Just got a pair of these myself to compare with the Parterre when it arrives. So far my impressions are mixed. Build quality is far and away the best I've seen on a $$$ IEM so far, simply exquisite. Bass is slightly overly emphasized for my tastes and a bit slow on complex songs, but very well done and enjoyable. Mids sound recessed compared to what I'm used to and there's some sparkle/energy in the treble that might cause me fatigue with extended listening. Easy listening at low volumes, there's also a slight echo (reverb?) in the sound IMO. Not sure if it's intentionally done, but it is well implemented and not at all aggravating to listen to - somewhat enhances the intimacy of the IEM to me. Not sure if these'll stay for the long haul, but definitely worth a listen.

Wow, this is just about polar opposite to what I experience with the 334's regarding midrange. It is anything but recessed and having reverb. The mids are full, detailed, ultra resolving, and the most natural sounding aspect to these-- to me. Vocals just sound glorious and placed where they should be (nothing like recessed)....  But I guess that's why everyone's findings are important as not all hear things the same.

Maybe try some Ortofon tips? They definitely open things up some.

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,964 of 4,896
Of course everything is IMO. I don't claim to have golden ears by any means, I base everything I hear off of my own experiences and expectations. Deeper male and female vocals aren't the star of the show for me in the IEM, comparing songs I'm extremely familiar with to my personal reference out of the HD 800 desktop setup. The presentation and intimacy isn't quite there for me. It's not that they're bad, but as mids seem to be gushed over by most people I feel slightly underwhelmed. The treble energy worries weren't as bad as I originally feared. Falsettos and high pitched voices fare very well. As long as I don't listen to loud volumes, I'm okay for several hours. I have to say I like the bass kick for most of my music so far. There are certain songs where it can be distracting to have that lower end bump, but for a good portion of it the bass feels very "in place". Only planning on keeping one of three: The 334, the Parterre or the Kaede, so will have to see if the other two are as good or better to my ears.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #2,965 of 4,896
Quote:
Of course everything is IMO. I don't claim to have golden ears by any means, I base everything I hear off of my own experiences and expectations. Deeper male and female vocals aren't the star of the show for me in the IEM, comparing songs I'm extremely familiar with to my personal reference out of the HD 800 desktop setup. The presentation and intimacy isn't quite there for me. It's not that they're bad, but as mids seem to be gushed over by most people I feel slightly underwhelmed. The treble energy worries weren't as bad as I originally feared. Falsettos and high pitched voices fare very well. As long as I don't listen to loud volumes, I'm okay for several hours. I have to say I like the bass kick for most of my music so far. There are certain songs where it can be distracting to have that lower end bump, but for a good portion of it the bass feels very "in place". Only planning on keeping one of three: The 334, the Parterre or the Kaede, so will have to see if the other two are as good or better to my ears.

Make a lot of sense with the context you provided.  Btw seems you owe yourself a listen to the ASG2 (mids) and 1plus2 (overall presentation, soundstage, and transparency) which you might like more than any of the three you listed....

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,969 of 4,896
Got the TG334 not long ago.. audit at the MOOK festival and at first hear..  it didnt give me the WOW factor compared to JH16Pro FP.... after circling few more track i got hooked... .. This IEM is perfectly tuned ... the mid high and bass are just nice no more no less and just enough... althought high is abit roll off.. Find that the double flange tips give me the best isolation and sound.... however after some experimenting this comply and silicon single flange tips sound the best for me...

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #2,970 of 4,896
I have been listening to my 334s right off my iphone4 (spotify premium is awesome)
Thinking if getting an amp .. Either the headstage arrow or the pico slim to pair with.. For a portable package..any preferences on either of the amps in terms of sound quality? .or how bout the Vmoda vamp amp / dac .. Anyone tried that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back