FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Dec 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #1,787 of 4,896
Finally managed to get some Ortofon tips... I will add myself to those who think they are the best tips for the 334s. I take larges, and they are just about perfect. Everything sounds a bit clearer and more transparent, even over my former favorite tips-- Sony's previously-standard EX series silicones. For me, they help the earphone bodies stay more securely in place in my ears (they used to slowly back out sometimes), and just generally feel more comfortable. I will have to see if they give up any isolation, but the sound traits are great so far....

With the Ortofon tips now, along with the ALO cable, I would say these are anything but treble rolled-off. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,788 of 4,896
cn11 do you think the Ortofon tips are a significant improvement over the stock tips to warrant a purchase?
I'm interested in a set of medium tips but the price is a little steep...

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #1,789 of 4,896
Quote:
cn11 do you think the Ortofon tips are a significant improvement over the stock tips to warrant a purchase?

I had the same issues as you. I bought these and no more problems with them falling out. The best $5.00 for audio I have and will ever spend.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #1,790 of 4,896
Quote:

I had the same issues as you. I bought these and no more problems with them falling out. The best $5.00 for audio I have and will ever spend.

I also having the same problem with them falling out of my ear. Usually I prefer mid size but it often falling out. Large size tip rarely do that but I can put them further into my ear. If those tip can't come loose easily, I'll buy it.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #1,791 of 4,896
Quote:

Well it's hard to justify the price if you're buying the tips alone, I agree. I got them as part of an exchange order with MusicaAcoustis, so it didn't *feel* like I was paying for them! Heh heh.... But yeah, the stock tips didn't really work for me, kept backing out slowly, and not such a great seal, so for me they're worth it I'd say. The Ortofon tips really do open up the clarity and space nicely... to my ears anyway. Recommending tips in any sort of absolute manner is always risky because different owners always seem to find other tips more suited, and what works for one person may not work for others....

Quote:

Those actually look quite similar to the Ortofon ones! 

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #1,792 of 4,896
Quote:

I had the same issues as you. I bought these
ir
 and no more problems with them falling out. The best $5.00 for audio I have and will ever spend.

Quote:

I also having the same problem with them falling out of my ear. Usually I prefer mid size but it often falling out. Large size tip rarely do that but I can put them further into my ear. If those tip can't come loose easily, I'll buy it.

I have been using Mediums including these. I can only advise that you try them to see if they do the trick for you as they do for me.
It's only $5.00.......I've joked before, how ironic is it, that a .50 cent (actually its 17 cents since 3 to a pack) pair of tips make a $1345. pair of IEMs work well LOL

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #1,793 of 4,896
Quote:

Those look pretty good; I'll add them to my current amazon order and hope all turns out well!
My left ear canals seem to be bigger than my right ear's so it's really troublesome for me :\
Anyone else feel the same way?

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #1,795 of 4,896
With the Ortofon tips now, along with the ALO cable, I would say these are anything but treble rolled-off. 

Now here we could not agree more.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,796 of 4,896
Quote:

Those look pretty good; I'll add them to my current amazon order and hope all turns out well!
My left ear canals seem to be bigger than my right ear's so it's really troublesome for me :\
Anyone else feel the same way?

http://www.amazon.com/Ortofon-Medium-Replacement-EarBuds-Cushions/dp/B009QUHQQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357065443&sr=8-1&keywords=eGadgetsandToys+ortofon

Looks like you can get these at amazon for not too much.  About $6 plus shipping for 3 pairs.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,797 of 4,896
What are the dac and amps of recommendations for you guys?

Portable I am thinking Intruder or the SR71b for the FitEar (I have the ALO cable coming -- will need to get it balanced from ALO).

Want to get the source signal out from my iDevice out to a good DAC -- to bypass the the iDevice dac -- I need to use something like the CLAS or will any LOD do?

Any desktop dac/amps you have tried with the FitEars?

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,798 of 4,896
Quote:
What are the dac and amps of recommendations for you guys?

Portable I am thinking Intruder or the SR71b for the FitEar (I have the ALO cable coming -- will need to get it balanced from ALO).

Want to get the source signal out from my iDevice out to a good DAC -- to bypass the the iDevice dac -- I need to use something like the CLAS or will any LOD do?

Any desktop dac/amps you have tried with the FitEars?

I suggest the RSA Intruder, Its amazing for the FitEar.

CLAS is a great way to bypass the iDevice DAC.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #1,799 of 4,896
On another note, I just posted impressions of the 334s vs the new Tralucent 1plus2 universal hybrids, if interested please click:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623514/new-custom-iem-company-tralucent-audio/1095#post_9011663

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #1,800 of 4,896
Guys, after tonight, I'll have to say bye bye to the TG!334 community. My TG!334 is sold. What a dilemma :-

Red Wine Audio Mod of the AK100, i.e. RWAK100
Stax SRM-002
Tralucent 1Plus2 with Gold/Silver cable
FitEar MH335DW
FitEar TO GO! 334 (bye bye)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back