FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Apr 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #212 of 4,896

Quote:

They've had it in their ProAudio lineup for a while, but their pro products are limited to those in the industry AFAIK; perhaps it's just now available to the consumer?

Cheers...funnily i can't seem to find any old references about the MH335DW (pro or otherwise). All the information I can find about it is that it'll be announced on the 12th May Festival in Tokyo. The only exception is average_joe's single post about it back in Dec.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #214 of 4,896
Gotcha. Thx for the link. Didn't notice it before as I kept searching for the MH335DW. Yes I think you're right that maybe this is signed for consumer use too then.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #215 of 4,896

Quote:

The soundstage / headstage seems fairly average to me. It certainly doesn't strike me as having that sense of grandeur that something like the A03 or Piano Forte IX has, but I find it perfectly satisfying. I personally find instrument separation and imaging more important, and in these areas the TG 334 really excels.

I've been listening to the A03 and Piano Forte IX a lot lately, both of which have abnormally large presentations, so that could definitely be influencing my perception of the TG 334. I think my posts will be more helpful when I've had more time to get to know it. 

This might be off topic but very interested in the forte IX you have, could you please post some impressions and also some comparisons vs MH334? How do they sound and do you like them?

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #216 of 4,896
Sideways question: Does the MH334 have venting holes?? From one of the gallery pictures it looks like it has a bass port or venting hole? (ie. Open design like UM Merlin)

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #217 of 4,896
Yeah, the FitEar lineup is pretty crazy! There are products that aren't available to the general public, and some models like the C435 (which exists higher than the MH334 in their consumer lineup? Maybe not?) that only seemed talked about in whispers.

Quote:
This might be off topic but very interested in the forte IX you have, could you please post some impressions and also some comparisons vs MH334? How do they sound and do you like them?

I might make a thread for impressions of the Piano Forte line soon. At the very least, I'll be posting some in-depth impressions of the Piano Forte IX and X in the coming weeks.

Without getting too off-topic, I'll say the Piano Forte IX is the polar opposite of the TG 334 in terms of sound. The PFIX is one of the most colored IEMs out there: it's extremely mid-centric, lush, symphonic, grandiose, warm, and liquid. It colors everything you feed into it, so it's extremely limited in application. Some tracks will sound way off, while other tracks will sound absolutely amazing.

If the TG 334 is a window, then the PFIX is practically an impressionist painting.

The Piano Forte X is even warmer still.

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #218 of 4,896

Quote:
Yeah, the FitEar lineup is pretty crazy! There are products that aren't available to the general public, and some models like the C435 (which exists higher than the MH334 in their consumer lineup? Maybe not?) that only seemed talked about in whispers.

I might make a thread for impressions of the Piano Forte line soon. At the very least, I'll be posting some in-depth impressions of the Piano Forte IX and X in the coming weeks.

Without getting too off-topic, I'll say the Piano Forte IX is the polar opposite of the TG 334 in terms of sound. The PFIX is one of the most colored IEMs out there: it's extremely mid-centric, lush, symphonic, grandiose, warm, and liquid. It colors everything you feed into it, so it's extremely limited in application. Some tracks will sound way off, while other tracks will sound absolutely amazing.

If the TG 334 is a window, then the PFIX is practically an impressionist painting.

Hi MuppetFace, really looking forward to your impressions of the FAD Piano Fortes IX and X.   Thanks for all the wonderful reviews. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #220 of 4,896
 Yeah. That's pretty much the same impressions as mine on all the piano forte series IEMs.. When I first put them on, I thought I was listening to studio beats...extreme colored and warm.
Quote:

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #223 of 4,896
Welcome to the club, bizkit. : )

They are indeed massive by universal IEM standards, but I find they're still slightly smaller than a pair of full-on customs. I've been listening to them all morning, and I'm really quite impressed. They're simultaneously the most detailed and also one of the most effortless IEMs I've heard so far.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #225 of 4,896
They hang fairly far out of the ear.

Quote:
Welcome to the club, bizkit. : )

They are indeed massive by universal IEM standards, but I find they're still slightly smaller than a pair of full-on customs. I've been listening to them all morning, and I'm really quite impressed. They're simultaneously the most detailed and also one of the most effortless IEMs I've heard so far.

Yup, they've been pummeling me in the face with awesome for the last 20 minutes.Bach's BWV 538 Dorian Toccata is positively evil on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back