FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #3,991 of 4,896
Damn....you guys got me drooling over it now. I've been a big fan of FitEar after I took the plunge on the TG334, thanks to AnakChan :D

He did it to you, too?? :smiling_imp:

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,992 of 4,896
The TG!334 is a good one. After I got my MH335DW-SR I thought I could part with my TG!334 but I still can't. Although I've not pulled it out in months I did do recently & it's still a winner of universals in my books.

Yes AnakChan, I totally agree with you on the TG334, the sound that oozes out of it is so good that you've made me a fan of FitEar forever
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #3,994 of 4,896
Hi, just wondering, is there any process to get a 334, either universal or custom in Japan? I heard that they changed their system, where they only make one when they accepted orders. Anyone has the experience?

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #3,995 of 4,896
  Hi, just wondering, is there any process to get a 334, either universal or custom in Japan? I heard that they changed their system, where they only make one when they accepted orders. Anyone has the experience?

That is correct. If one were to buy a brand new TG!334 now, they would have to go pre-order like a CIEM and register their name/address. If I'm not mistaken, they limit to one per customer - and that's not that one time that they go to the shop either.

I don't know about buying 2nd hand, I believe those don't require registration.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #3,997 of 4,896
  I don't suppose they would send them to the address, right? I will be spending my time in Japan for about 3 weeks, is it enough for a custom or the universal to be done in that period?

Process-wise, they may well do just like their CIEMs. Last time I talked to Fujiya, they said it could take a month. However, the greater concern for you is that they'll require some kinda proof of residency (drivers license, alien registration card, etc.). Your best bet is to go to Fujiya and ask. I don't know if they're allowed to sell Fitears to non-Japanese residents (other products they do ex-tax if you bring your passport).

@Francisk, this policy seemed to have changed after you & I walked in last year.

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #4,001 of 4,896
Hey guys,

I'm very interested in ordering a TG334. I would like to know where I can get them other than Japan.
The only U.S. distributor that I'm aware of is ALO audio and they are out of stock. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #4,002 of 4,896
Hey guys,

I'm very interested in ordering a TG334. I would like to know where I can get them other than Japan.
The only U.S. distributor that I'm aware of is ALO audio and they are out of stock. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,

You can't buy them in Japan either. They're pre-order. See post 3997 above.

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #4,004 of 4,896
  If I have a friend staying in Japan, he can get to order for me? 

If he's willing to buy it for you. For all official purposes for the local shop in Japan, he will be the customer. He will need to provide his residence card, and he'll have to pay first, and he has no intention of buying one for himself. It'll definitely be under warranty only in Japan only.

If they make him sign that he won't export the product, then that's a different matter....if this happens to be the case, I'd rather not discuss circumvents to local Japan business policies.

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #4,005 of 4,896
  If I have a friend staying in Japan, he can get to order for me? 

If he's willing to buy it for you. For all official purposes for the local shop in Japan, he will be the customer. He will need to provide his residence card, and he'll have to pay first, and he has no intention of buying one for himself. It'll definitely be under warranty only in Japan only.

If they make him sign that he won't export the product, then that's a different matter....if this happens to be the case, I'd rather not discuss circumvents to local Japan business policies.

He`ll also have to be living here, not just visiting.  They require foreigners to show proof of residence : utility bills with matching address or something similar. (If you can believe it). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back