FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 21, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #3,767 of 4,896
Looks like a less bassy version of the TG334. Can't wait to test it 
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #3,768 of 4,896
I heard the melomane is a tweak from the original FitEar Parterre??? 

Still waiting for the FitEar fitear to come out......maybe at the upcoming headphone festival in Japan...

Sep 21, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #3,770 of 4,896
  Aha....so looks like I still get to keep my money in my wallet 
biggrin.gif
 I wonder Melomane is made with how many BA drivers. Is it the same as TG334 but retuned for lesser bass and extended highs?

if i'm not mistaken, only 2 drivers (similar to Parterre with different tuning). Some people said that Melomane has better mid and high, less bass quantity than the Parterre :wink:

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #3,773 of 4,896
I had been using TG!334 for a while and now I'm looking for an upgrade cable
Should I aim for cable 000 or other brands like wagnus/beat audio/ALO?
Since I can't even try other cables here, do you guy have any recommendations regarding the upgrade cable?
For 000, do you guys think it's a worth upgrade since the price is almost costing me a F111 here 

Sep 23, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #3,774 of 4,896
I think you'll get differing opinions here. I actually just use my TG!334 with stock cable. Although I do play around with cables, I try not to think about the costs as at least in my experience quite often the amount one spends on a cable has less return on investment than say an amp or DAC. I'm merely mentioning this 'cos you're comparing the cost of a cable to the price of another earphone.

However if one isn't looking at what other options their $$$  can buy them and still want to upgrade just to tweak or get that little extra out of their current earphones then we can look at the various cable options. To me for around the $300 price range, I personally feel I get more out of the Wagnus Luna cables than the 000. The ALO didn't work well for me as the cable unit I tried felt the highs weren't too smoothed out. Having said that I have no idea how long it had been burnt in and maybe after burning in it could have smoothed out the highs.

One cable although I hadn't tried for a long time is the BTG Audio cables. The one that I did try I compared it to the 000s back then. I felt they sounded similar but the BTG was $200 less. So in that demo the BTGs seemed to have demonstrated great value for $$$.

I had the Beat Audio Cronus which I felt the price didn't justify the improvements to my ears. It was also around the price range of the Wagnus which I'd still prefer. Having said that, The Beat Audio Oslo II did grab my attention. However it's almost 2x the price of the Wagnus.

The ultimate cable which brings out the most of my FitEars is the Tralucent Uber cable. To me this was one of the few cables its improvements were comparable to some DAC/Amps. However the Uber is very pricey; list price is comparable to the TG!334 new overseas. Again it's not a value for $$ cable but if the TG!334 is the -only- cable for you and you want to get the most out of it at any cost then sure, go for the Uber.

My 2 yen worth.

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #3,775 of 4,896
I totally agree with AnakChan regarding the diminishing returns of premium cables. If $$$ is a non issue, by all means go for it. As for me, tips rolling is far cheaper and the result is very prominent. I took that path and I'm so happy with my JVC Spiral Dot tips paired to my TG334

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #3,777 of 4,896
  I think you'll get differing opinions here. I actually just use my TG!334 with stock cable. Although I do play around with cables, I try not to think about the costs as at least in my experience quite often the amount one spends on a cable has less return on investment than say an amp or DAC. I'm merely mentioning this 'cos you're comparing the cost of a cable to the price of another earphone.

However if one isn't looking at what other options their $$$  can buy them and still want to upgrade just to tweak or get that little extra out of their current earphones then we can look at the various cable options. To me for around the $300 price range, I personally feel I get more out of the Wagnus Luna cables than the 000. The ALO didn't work well for me as the cable unit I tried felt the highs weren't too smoothed out. Having said that I have no idea how long it had been burnt in and maybe after burning in it could have smoothed out the highs.

One cable although I hadn't tried for a long time is the BTG Audio cables. The one that I did try I compared it to the 000s back then. I felt they sounded similar but the BTG was $200 less. So in that demo the BTGs seemed to have demonstrated great value for $$$.

I had the Beat Audio Cronus which I felt the price didn't justify the improvements to my ears. It was also around the price range of the Wagnus which I'd still prefer. Having said that, The Beat Audio Oslo II did grab my attention. However it's almost 2x the price of the Wagnus.

The ultimate cable which brings out the most of my FitEars is the Tralucent Uber cable. To me this was one of the few cables its improvements were comparable to some DAC/Amps. However the Uber is very pricey; list price is comparable to the TG!334 new overseas. Again it's not a value for $$ cable but if the TG!334 is the -only- cable for you and you want to get the most out of it at any cost then sure, go for the Uber.

My 2 yen worth.

thanks for you opinion, for now I'll just save up my money by just using the stock cable then

for the tips, currently I'm really happy with pairing it with k3003 tips. I do own ortofon and spiral dot tips, but I love my k3003 tips the most for the fit in my ears and how it makes my 334 could produce the sound. Unfortunately one of the tips is getting loose, any idea for making it tight again?

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #3,778 of 4,896
  Unfortunately one of the tips is getting loose, any idea for making it tight again?

Yes!  The perfect solution is 'Shrink Tubing':

How to do it:

Remove the loose eartip from your IEM.
Cut a small piece 1/8" (3-4mm) and slide it on the part of the eartip that grips the IEM nozzle (not the part that touches your ear).  
Warm it up carefully with a hair drier or lighter (be careful), or dip in hot water.
The shrink tube will shrink tight around the eartip nozzle.

Now put the eartip back on your IEM....notice how fabulously it grips the IEM!

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #3,779 of 4,896
I feel like trying new things again, How do I purchase spiral tips? And what size would be the equivalent of the Ortofon large tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back