FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
May 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #3,571 of 4,896
Dear fellow TG334 addict,
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever considered (or perhaps has done it) to re shell your TG334 to become CIEM ?
I'm really considering doing it at the moment, can't seem to get good fit with my ear or even make it stay in my ear sometimes, especially when sing along is involved :).
I believe CIEM TG334 will solve my fit issue...no more fiddling around every couple of minutes.

Is it possible to do so, the re shelling, if yes really appreciate if someone can recommend a company with respectable knowledge to do so, refit Fitear IEM/CIEM.
I have asked 1964 about it and still waiting for the reply (have 1964 V8, so it should be more convenience, no need to send new ear impression).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

May 17, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3,572 of 4,896
  Out of curiosity, has anyone ever considered (or perhaps has done it) to re shell your TG334 to become CIEM ?

You (should) already know the answer...it's called the MH334 and it's made by....you guessed it: FitEar. The TG334 is tuned by Suyama son and there's undoubtably alot more to it then just putting the guts in a CIEM shell. Remember the feature of the Titanium sound tube? Well, that would not be easily incorporated into the ear canal of a CIEM, etc., etc.  If you really want a FitEar CIEM then you would be advised to go to the originator.

FitEar CIEM's: LINK

May 17, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,573 of 4,896
  Dear fellow TG334 addict,
I'm really considering doing it at the moment, can't seem to get good fit with my ear or even make it stay in my ear sometimes, especially when sing along is involved :).
I believe CIEM TG334 will solve my fit issue...no more fiddling around every couple of minutes.

Is it possible to do so, the re shelling, if yes really appreciate if someone can recommend a company with respectable knowledge to do so, refit Fitear IEM/CIEM.
I have asked 1964 about it and still waiting for the reply (have 1964 V8, so it should be more convenience, no need to send new ear impression).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Yes, there's been someone getting his TG334 reshelled by UM, but they had to take out the titanium tubes in the process because they're too big to be stuffed down the ear canals. And seriously, the selling point of the TG334 is the implementation of those tubes so what's the point of reshelling if you cannot keep them afterward? 

If fit is the issue, you should first try tip rolling and If none workss there's always the custom silicone tip solution to go for. They cost only around 100 buck from westone last time I checked. 

May 17, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #3,574 of 4,896
Thanks for the input Both.
@burtomr...Perhaps you're right. might as well just get the MH334 and sell the TG334, it will be more convenient.
Though I still curious how the TG334 will sound under the CIEM shell, I'll wait for the reply from 1964 and see what their comment will be.

@Tranhieu...know anyone whose done the Westone adapter before ? Will it effect the overall sound of the TG334...more muffled because of the add on shelling, etc ?

May 17, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #3,575 of 4,896
  334, you met your match, and it's the HE-6.
L3000.gif
 Addictive vocals also.  Rediculously hard to drive headphones though.  Not as bassy as the 334, but you never know with a monster amp it may turn bassy.

Interesting. I love my HE-6 to bits. It's very intimate yet amazingly technically proficient. Bass is also perfect for me- deep and extended. Quality is top notch. Frankly, I can't imagine any IEM coming close to it.

But I had to get a speaker amp setup just for it..

May 18, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #3,576 of 4,896
@burtomr...Perhaps you're right. might as well just get the MH334 and sell the TG334, it will be more convenient.
Though I still curious how the TG334 will sound under the CIEM shell, I'll wait for the reply from 1964 and see what their comment will be.

@Tranhieu...know anyone whose done the Westone adapter before ? Will it effect the overall sound of the TG334...more muffled because of the add on shelling, etc ?

Unfortunately I knows no one walked down this route before. Technically speaking the bass would be enhanced even further due to deep insertion depth, so that might be bad news. You might wanna drop westone a mail to see what they say. 

1964 also does custom sleeve if I remember correctly.

Another thing you should consider, I know some TG334 (not all) are acrylic filled making reshelling impossible. You can check that by examining your pair under a high power torch. 

May 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,577 of 4,896
Thought I'd share a new tip on the block that I've been using with the 334.  JVC Spiral Dot tips that come with the new wooden FX series.  They can be bought from Amazon Japan in individual sizes.

May 28, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #3,578 of 4,896
Are the 000 cables still the best for the tg334's?  Since Musica Acoustics isn't importing them anymore, anywhere else to get them besides used?  If there's a better cable I'd love to know - was really drawn to the reviews saying the 000's had a huge soundstage and warm sound - right up my alley...

May 28, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #3,579 of 4,896
  Interesting. I love my HE-6 to bits. It's very intimate yet amazingly technically proficient. Bass is also perfect for me- deep and extended. Quality is top notch. Frankly, I can't imagine any IEM coming close to it.

But I had to get a speaker amp setup just for it..

+1. I imagine IEM cannot.  You cannot get the same separation as HE-6 from an IEM, let alone the variations in the details.  I was overly excited with HE-6, as it provided emotions to the music because of it's realism like the 334 did when I got a perfect fit with them.  

May 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,580 of 4,896
Looks like this is a 1 year wait now even in Tokyo (taken 26th May in e-earphone Akihabara) :-

May 29, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #3,581 of 4,896
FYI: There's a new notice out on unauthorised sellers of TG!334 and Parterres :-

http://www.fitear.jp/music/news/notice.html

"Recently, we have discovered unscrupulous and unauthorised retailers selling used FitEar products as new; others have labelled and sold Parterre as the TO GO! 334. These acts breach the trust of both FitEar and its customers. Please beware that FitEar items purchased from unauthorised resellers will receive neither service or support from FitEar."

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #3,582 of 4,896

I asked 1964 a year before, they cant reshell TG334 .

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #3,584 of 4,896
  Do anyone know a good double-flange tips for TG334? I have been trying all the tips i can get my hands on, and none of them can provide me any comfort i look for

I suppose you have tried Ortofon's?...If not, you should, they are known to work well for many folks w/334's. LINK

If you want a huge selection of double flanges, and everything else, see these guys:  MEELectronics

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #3,585 of 4,896
Yes i had, i have short ear canals, which made inserting TG334 to its optimum depth is a difficult case indeed. When i used ortofon, i can clearly hear anything that happens outside, its like having no noises blocked at all. The only success i had, was using Comply T400 to isolate outside noise. But after using it for 30 minutes+, my canal starts to feel stuffed and it felt really uncomfortable. I am so desperate... I might be better to go back to 535 ltd which is very comfortable that i can even wear them to sleep...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back