FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jun 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #541 of 902
Quote:

Look for these types of connectors, compatible with the Sennheiser HD-25/600/650. Be careful of the wiring polarity. For Suyama, it is reversed from the Sennheiser connection style.

I tried both of connector above. both of these connector work well but the left one is not good as the right one .......... it break down into 2 piece after a short time for my fitear DIY cable :frowning2:( and I have to change to the right model connector. It's a bit more durable

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #542 of 902
Quote:
Guys! My silver cable has additional impedance - 36ohn, you have to try it!!! This is awesome! This is really analytical sound, absolutely neutral.

Each to their own but personally taking bass away is not what i would want...Is that the effect or is it just that there is now a lift in treble ? 

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #544 of 902
Both bass is reduced and treble is lifted. I prefer stock and if anything would not want to do more than 15ohms

Yes but stock bass amount is to much for me, I cannot hear details with stock mid-bass level. Because of music that I listen to: Russian Circles, Lamb of God, Psycroptic and NIN and so on.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #545 of 902
Taking away any subbass from stock with impedance kills it for me, but I can see the benefits of the reduced midbass helping for some situations, but 15ohms is more recommended. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #546 of 902
There is a big difference between midbass and subbass, increasing impedance to 33-36ohm doesn't affect to subbass, it will decrease midbass level only (upperbass). Its like fog in stock.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #547 of 902
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ru/2013/06/suyama-fit-ear-f111.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mountain_rice_oppose+(Mountain_Rice_Oppose)
I'm sorry if someone already posted it.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #548 of 902
There is a big difference between midbass and subbass, increasing impedance to 33-36ohm doesn't affect to subbass, it will decrease midbass level only (upperbass). Its like fog in stock.

It does, matter of fact, it decreases subbass the most, check out the impedance curve, the region most affected in the bass regions are 100hz and below [subbass]

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #549 of 902
Really not satisfied with these, had high hopes after reading reviews.

I loved my 334's but had to sell em just too much money there. I switched jobs and needed the quick cash. I knew I was getting into a completely different beast but I was totally surprised when I put these in.

First off the positive - the fit is fantastic, the 334's were comfortable but these are just next level comfy.
They are obviously made very well, not cheap feeling at all. You feel like you are buying a quality piece that if taken care of could last a very long time.

The Negatives - As far as the sound goes, I could not listen above a certain normal listening level because the highs were harsh quickly fatguing. People describe the bass as tight and controlled, I would say these are bass light and I am not a bass head at all. These are for mid centric lovers, I guess. I would not even consider these neutral really which is what alot of people are using to describe them. Everyone has different ears but I am not agreeing with too many people on these.

Also don't know why they have to be stamped with the sellers info, Its a minor quibble but it seems odd.

Cable tangled for me easily and was noisy, I mean I don't know but these were a huge bummer for me. I thought I was set.
I loved the 000 cable for the 334's if I was to keep the 111's I would probably go that route again.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #550 of 902
Nice impressions though I disagree. I'm not sure how much experience you have with iems, but maybe give yourself time to get used to them? The highs are actually less emphasized than a lot of other iems, and should be behind the mids. Actually the biggest problem with the F111 is that the highs are rolled off. Also, the bass should actually be the loudest part of the FR. I'm wondering about your fit. 

I mean this in the nicest way possible: you may be a basshead. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #552 of 902
Hmm... I would call them bass light as well in the traditional "badunkadunk" bass. kcee, sent you a pm regarding your F111s. No reason why another Seattleite should go through the FS forum :wink:

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #553 of 902
Quote:

Nice impressions though I disagree. I'm not sure how much experience you have with iems, but maybe give yourself time to get used to them? The highs are actually less emphasized than a lot of other iems, and should be behind the mids. Actually the biggest problem with the F111 is that the highs are rolled off. Also, the bass should actually be the loudest part of the FR. I'm wondering about your fit. 

I mean this in the nicest way possible: you may be a basshead. 

I have had alot of iems, from mid range to high. I could list 20 iems I have had over the past 10 years or so. I think I have a sensitivity to high frequencies anyway.
I wouldn't say I am as technically experienced as most here but I have alot of listening experience and I know what I like.
It is quite possible I need to mess more with some other tips and at least try to see if that is indeed the issue. I did a bit initially.

I maybe a slight bass head I dunno, the bass in the 334's was perfect for me. The 334's were perfect for me I wish I would have kept them at this point. Oh well.

I have alot of tips I can try so I will go that route and see whats up.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #555 of 902
Quote:
Their policy is quite clear on their web page. Not certain how this makes them "stupid".

It's his fault for not being clear before ordering, but having returns, even for a short time period is pretty standard from reputable companies (which it seems MA is). So, I'm pretty sure that's why it's stupid (the policy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back