FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Aug 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #91 of 902
Excuse the stupid question, but are you saying the FI-BA-SS renders it best and the 334 the worst? 

I like that music by the way. Reminds me a bit of The Necks.

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #93 of 902
Quote:
Excuse the stupid question, but are you saying the FI-BA-SS renders it best and the 334 the worst? 

I'm saying the FI-BA-SS, to these ears, renders it more convincingly and the 334 less so.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #95 of 902
I am curious about the comparison too, as I have heard the F111s in a recent audio show here but I was told the 334s was not available for demo-ing.

I was really impressed by the F111s and I am looking forward to compare it to Heir Audio's 4.Ai when I get the chance. Such realism in sound these produced indeed.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #96 of 902
I heard the F111 today (also compared them to the ER4P and ER4B).

These things really do put the Fit in FitEar, at least for my ears. As several members know, my one big gripe about the ER4 was the alien-probe fit. I'm happy to report that, at least for my small, oval, finicky ear canals, the F111 is a match made in heaven. I'd previously been a bit apprehensive about the fit, but the fit on the F111 is better than the TO GO! 334 and comes by far the closest to the comfort of a full custom, at least for me. Say goodbye to the pain and suffering that the ER4 brought me! I actually do get a 2nd bend fit with the F111. With the medium-sized double flange tips from the Sennheiser IE8/80, I get a perfect seal that equals the levels of isolation as the ER4.

Obviously, YMMV (I shouldn't need to write this).

To the sound --- the F111 really is an easy-to-drive ER4S. It's as easy to drive as the ER4P off an iPod, yet it noticeably more accurate-sounding than the ER4P, and responds extremely close to the ER4B under 9 kHz or so, in my brief comparison. The difference is that, whereas the ER4B sounded like it was sucking the power out of my iPod Touch, making things sound scratchy, the F111 was easily powered and still sounded smooth, like an ER4S/B sounds off an amplifier. I don't know what sort of hocus pocus FitEar did with that horn-shaped titanium nozzle, but it just works. It too uses the same 1500 ohm green damper at the front, but it's now terminated with an extra titanium horn.

For binaural stuff, the ER4B is still king. I wish I had the ER4S on hand to compare. Something tells me the two would be hard to tell apart.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #97 of 902
Quote:
my one big gripe about the ER4 was the alien-probe fit.

I like that!

What I don't like is that the ER4 is made for people who stay stationary. Fortunately, the HF5 is easier to wear on the go, even if the orientation of the stress relief makes wearing the cable over the ears more problematic than it could have been.

the fit on the F111 is better than the TO GO! 334 

What, the TG!334? That tiny IEM? It disappears in my ears!

Quote:

Indeed. You ruined in advance the joke I made above. That's not nice.

For binaural stuff, the ER4B is still king. I wish I had the ER4S on hand to compare. Something tells me the two would be hard to tell apart.

The price would provide a hint.

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #100 of 902
Quote:
I heard the F111 today (also compared them to the ER4P and ER4B).

These things really do put the Fit in FitEar, at least for my ears. As several members know, my one big gripe about the ER4 was the alien-probe fit. I'm happy to report that, at least for my small, oval, finicky ear canals, the F111 is a match made in heaven. I'd previously been a bit apprehensive about the fit, but the fit on the F111 is better than the TO GO! 334 and comes by far the closest to the comfort of a full custom, at least for me. Say goodbye to the pain and suffering that the ER4 brought me! I actually do get a 2nd bend fit with the F111. With the medium-sized double flange tips from the Sennheiser IE8/80, I get a perfect seal that equals the levels of isolation as the ER4.

To the sound --- the F111 really is an easy-to-drive ER4S. It's as easy to drive as the ER4P off an iPod, yet it noticeably more accurate-sounding than the ER4P, and responds extremely close to the ER4B under 9 kHz or so, in my brief comparison. The difference is that, whereas the ER4B sounded like it was sucking the power out of my iPod Touch, making things sound scratchy, the F111 was easily powered and still sounded smooth, like an ER4S/B sounds off an amplifier. I don't know what sort of hocus pocus FitEar did with that horn-shaped titanium nozzle, but it just works. It too uses the same 1500 ohm green damper at the front, but it's now terminated with an extra titanium horn.

hi , can you give me some brief impression about the fitear 111 compare to your Heir 4A plsss :D

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #102 of 902
Quote:
hi , can you give me some brief impression about the fitear 111 compare to your Heir 4A plsss :D

X2.  Also how much of a difference is there between these and an ER4?  I might try the ER4 first and see if I like the signature?

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #104 of 902
I have a chance to own Fitear F111 , Heir Audio 4.Ai and Heir Audio 3.Ai I previously owned Fitear togo334 and Final Audio Pianoforte VIII and FiBASB I have just received Heir Audio 4.Ai so it may not be fully burned in. Fitear F111 beats the 4.Ai convincingly especially in the midrange and vocal The vocal with F111 is a little bit forwarding, richer, sweet (I get proper fit with almost perfect isolation with stock double flange tipe) , smooth and cohesive with the bass and treble while the vocal on Heir 4.ai is more laid back and seems to be more distant and not well defined. I enjoyed listening to James Taylor + Carole King : Live at Troubadour and I think that F111 could draw me into this legendary live performance of two greatest artists of the 70's while the Heir audio 4.Ai did not . The F111 has excellent treble and midrange and I even like its midrange more than the fitear togo 334. The fitear togo 334 is better in term of sound stage, imaging and music separation but the midrange of F111 is full, rich, sweet , more forwarding and seducing (although not the same extent as the piano forte) so it can get me more involved into the music. F111 is also analytical but not to the same extent as the Fitear togo 334. The bass response of F111 is more than adequate although it may not have the same impact as the togo 334 and much less than the 3.Ai. I even try it with some of the symphonic metal (edenbridge, leaves'eye) with very good result although it did not do well enough IMO with the Epica "design of the universe". I will keep the F111 for the vocal, audiophile music, classical soft rock, symphonic metal, some pop and soft rocks, jazz, classical : baroque, late classical and romantic era. I will probably not use the F111 with rap,indie, hiphop, electronic, most metal especially thrash metal or impressionist or contemporary classical. F111 should also do very well with all those violin concerto and cello concerto because of its midrange centric I will use Heir Audio 3.ai for the exception of the F111 (except the classical). Heir Audio 4.ai and Fitear togo 334 for all genre although I prefer to use vocal music with F111.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #105 of 902
I've read and re-read this thread several times already and haven't decided yet what should I get next: the F111 or the FI-BA-SS (even considering the TOGO 334, but because I have pretty small ear canals, I'm almost sure I'd have troubles with the 334).

I'm mostly listening to electronic music. I already owned the Westone 4 which I sold after a couple of months because they sounded artificial to me after getting the GR07 and the EX1000.

Right now I have the Vsonic GR07, the EX1000 and I am familiar with the AKG 3003 (my brother has them). I really like the EX1000 with everything I've used them with, and I'm trying to decide what to choose next.

Sorry for all this mumbo jumbo, I'm just trying to give a very brief info on my very short experience with IEMs.

music_4321: I'm very curious about a brief comparison between the F111 and the FI-BA-SS, I'm sure you'll post a detailed comparison at some point, so I'm waiting here patiently :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back