First over ear heaphones help.
Oct 5, 2011 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sneakily

New Head-Fier
So I have been looking at a lot of heaphones that have a nice bass response for hip hop and rap type genre that sounds clear and delivers pretty hard. I have come up with a list of a few I am interested in, my price range is to about 150$ including amp if it would help.

XB500
Sony MDR-V6
K81DJ
Grado SR80i
M50
ZX700 
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
So I have been looking at a lot of heaphones that have a nice bass response for hip hop and rap type genre that sounds clear and delivers pretty hard. I have come up with a list of a few I am interested in, my price range is to about 150$ including amp if it would help.

XB500
Sony MDR-V6
K81DJ
Grado SR80i
M50
ZX700 
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S 

Scratch the SR80i and M50 from your list, they deliver quality bass with sizable impact but looks like you're after a
big basshead can.

XB500 would be a contender and rather cheap to boot. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 10
Where are you going to use them? portability is important? 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 10
They will be used at school, very little, possibly walking places, and mostly when I am at my workstation. So portability is important but not a priority I would consider even the XB500 to be portables. And Gwarmi I was considering that one a lot mainly that and Panasonic RP-HTF600-S  (with the pads).

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 10
Panasonics man.. get the Panasonics. Serisously.. I have guys that own Ultrasone Pro900s. HD650 and even a shure SRH940 that all love these phones..Look at Malveauxs review on my thread. And by the way the velours are nice addition but not a complete necessity. There are a few guys that prefer the raw sounds of them without the velours. http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-more-fun-than-the-hd650/360#post_7804435  Go to the beginning of the thread and check out Malveauxs review on them. It is the guys that owns these that let their friends hear these.  Only for them to not only buy one but also to be shocked at how cheap they are. Nothing comes close to these at all for the price. They sound more like a $150- $200 bass heavy HP..

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Will probably be ordering the Panasonics before they go up in price since they seem to getting very popular recently. Would a CMOY BB amp help with these a decent amount?

These drive amazingly well on any source.  Amps just add to them. You will dig em. Post your impressions on em on my thread when you get em. If you look at who has bought them and what they all own in comparison. It is surprising.. The great thing is they don't cost that much but you will see why there is already a group of headfiers that swear by them. There is nothing that touches them at that price. Gelocks impression with his amp.

1. gelocks
  2. badge_100.v1305918899.png
  4. offline
  1. 175 Posts. Joined 6/2011

Went to order the velour pads but shipping over here was over $20!!!
Darn it!!!
This being a part of the US sometimes and sometimes not messes with my purchases!!!!! LOL!

Anyway, I'll wait till BHphotovideo.com gets them back in stock and order through them.

Still using these.
Sold my Monoprice ones to a co-worker.

I think it's great having both the pannies and the 940s at work I get the best
of every genre.!

Activated the bass boost on my JDSLabs CMOY with the pannies... and ufffff... the drivers were full
on vibrating like crazy!!!!! w00t!

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back