First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #91 of 269
I'm seriously considering getting the T70p to replace my ATH M50's as my on-the-go/ office headphones. Has anyone heard them both and is the T70p a worthwhile upgrade? I listen to just about all genres of music, but particularly R&B. Thanks.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #92 of 269

Quote:
I'm seriously considering getting the T70p to replace my ATH M50's as my on-the-go/ office headphones. Has anyone heard them both and is the T70p a worthwhile upgrade? I listen to just about all genres of music, but particularly R&B. Thanks.

I have both. Soundwise you can't compare these. I have the 250ohm T70 and it actually needs quite a bit of amping. The 70P should be easier to drive, but I'm not sure they'll sound like the M50 either. I haven't gotten used to the T70 sound yet actually. review is do in 2 weeks :wink:

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #93 of 269
Chiming in with my impressions of the T70p. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and they are fantastic. My idea was to replace my ESW9 and DT1350 with one phone and I've done it. These are definitely an improvement over the DT series phones I've heard. Most notably they are far more transparent and the bass is quite a bit deeper. Like the other Beyer's I've heard they aren't for bassheads but I feel I'm hearing everything I should from top to bottom. In fact, I would take these over the Edition 8 I had a while back. Of course the comfort is out of this world. They are a bit heavier than the DT series phones but I imagine that's because of the Tesla magnets.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #94 of 269

Quote:
I have both. Soundwise you can't compare these. I have the 250ohm T70 and it actually needs quite a bit of amping. The 70P should be easier to drive, but I'm not sure they'll sound like the M50 either. I haven't gotten used to the T70 sound yet actually. review is do in 2 weeks :wink:

Looking forward to your impressions 
popcorn.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #95 of 269

Quote:
Looking forward to your impressions 
popcorn.gif

I had to do the Violectric review first so it's going to take a bit longer as expected but each time I'm listening to the T70 it takes a while to appreciate the sound.
For my likes it could have had more present mids and heavier bass, but detail, layering and imaging are great. great clarity.

So in short it is the better headphone than the M50 qualitywise, but the M50 is the more fun one. The T70 is in no way an upgrade to the M50, they're too different. And I prefer it on a tube amp. I saw you're selling your T70, I'm going to keep on to mine for a bit longer but eventually I'm going to let it go as well.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #96 of 269

Quote:
I had to do the Violectric review first so it's going to take a bit longer as expected but each time I'm listening to the T70 it takes a while to appreciate the sound.
For my likes it could have had more present mids and heavier bass, but detail, layering and imaging are great. great clarity.

So in short it is the better headphone than the M50 qualitywise, but the M50 is the more fun one. The T70 is in no way an upgrade to the M50, they're too different. And I prefer it on a tube amp. I saw you're selling your T70, I'm going to keep on to mine for a bit longer but eventually I'm going to let it go as well.

I am still considering not to sell mine. As you say it takes a little time to appreciate its sound. But in the past I have found that the headphones I liked from first listen (ie. the HD800) has become the ones I never listened to in the long run and the ones - like the T70 - that took some time to appreciate became the long lasting love. So I am a bit in doubt and I might still keep them 
redface.gif

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #97 of 269
I've been listening to my t70p for a couple of days now and all I can say is that for me they are totally addictive, portable with a clip zip+fiio e6, or right now on Xonar Essence card. They beat my previous dt931 by far, and I can't help the felling of missing out when I'm using my sennheiser ie8 iem's.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #98 of 269
The T70P isnt cheap, but the marketing spiel re 'poor man's T1' is definitely working on the tight grip I try to maintain on my wallet. I know - lies, damned lies and advertising hype - but its alluring nonetheless.

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #101 of 269
any new reviews/impressions on these?

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #102 of 269
Feb 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #105 of 269

Quote:
So what would be better? The T70p's or the DT990? (I know they're not in the same price range but i'm looking at DT990 Manafaktur and T70p's used) 

The T70 is definitely far better than the DT990! The resolution of the T70 is in a much better league. The only thing I can think of where the DT990 is "better" is in bass impact if that is what you are looking for. The T70 beats the DT990 in every other way if you ask me and I do prefer the tight and punchy bass of the T70 by far. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back