「VR500」

REB
「GRID01」
「GEAR01」

DITA
「Project M」

F9SAXvMagAA_Pdn

"ZE8000 MK2"
The successor model of the flagship completely wireless earphone ZE8000.
Achieves advanced "8K SOUND" that plays songs in ultra-high definition.

"VR500"
A new type of gaming earphone that allows you to track the "coordinates" of the sound.
The latest model of the wired earphone VR series.

"D7000"
Brother machine of flagship headphone D8000.
Immersive sound is achieved with a "dedicated diffuser" designed to match the asymmetrical shape of the outer ear.

DITA “Project M”
Singaporean audio manufacturer DITA has released new wired earphones.

REB “GEAR01”
High sound quality + multi-functional wireless earphones jointly developed by final acoustic engineers and REB with the aim of creating a new sound.

REB “GRID01”
A new standard earphone with high sound quality and long-lasting enjoyment, jointly developed by final's standard wired earphone E3000 development team and REB.

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #11,567 of 11,642
The new ZE8000 Mk2 seems to have a new eartip design

I would most likely skip it as I only had the ZE8000 for a year but would like to see the eartips to be sold separately

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #11,568 of 11,642
https://final-inc.com/products/ze8000mk2-jp

The page is up. It looks like a DSP update and a new algorithm for noise canceling rather than any significant hardware improvement. I wish they can roll out the new DSP and noise-canceling algo for ZE8000 as well.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #11,569 of 11,642
I really enjoyed the ZE8000 when it comes to the fit and sound quality... But sadly it was too limited overall as a tws.

• Tricky non customizable toch controls
  • Poor battery life (especially with the 8k-mode)
  • Large case without QI
  • No multi-point
I see that they've addressed one of the complaints I had very recently. In practice how do you guys think the multi-point function work?

But i had hoped this MK2 had a newer SoC along with a larger battery. Sadly the hardware appears to be exactly the same.

In fact the changes are very subtle...it definitely doesn't feel like a worthy upgrade if you already own the first model?

I'm mostly surprised that nothing was done about the battery life. I remember that I stared worrying about how much battery was left like an hour into my listing with the 8k-mode on.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #11,570 of 11,642
I really enjoyed the ZE8000 when it comes to the fit and sound quality... But sadly it was too limited overall as a tws.

• Tricky non customizable toch controls
  • Poor battery life (especially with the 8k-mode)
  • Large case without QI
  • No multi-point
I see that they've addressed one of the complaints I had very recently. In practice how do you guys think the multi-point function work?

But i had hoped this MK2 had a newer SoC along with a larger battery. Sadly the hardware appears to be exactly the same.

In fact the changes are very subtle...it definitely doesn't feel like a worthy upgrade if you already own the first model?

I'm mostly surprised that nothing was done about the battery life. I remember that I stared worrying about how much battery was left like an hour into my listing with the 8k-mode on.
It more feels like some finer tweak after they received feedback. Wish they could upgrade the current ZE8000 in firmware to match the new MK2 and sell the new tips separately. Just wishful thinking.

Nov 5, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #11,571 of 11,642
I recently started using Dunu S&S tips on all my iems - Prestige LTD, Dunu SA6 MKII, Truthear Zero Red, and now the A5000

I was using the Azla Xelastec, then the Azla Crystal as well as final E stock and clear tips.

I enjoyed the clear final E but I really feel the S&S tips take the A5000 to another level

Better isolation (without being a dirt magnet like the Xelastecs) which automatically ups the sense of detail and resolution. Great soundstaging, as good as the final E tips, but with the S&S I also get deeper, fuller bass and I feel sibilant peaks in upper mids and treble are slightly tamed.

The only issue with the S&S tips is getting a good fit.

On Azla tips I usually use mediums but the S&S mediums are too narrow for me so I had to go large.

I definitely recommend them with the A5000. This is the most I've enjoyed these iems so far.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #11,572 of 11,642
Mr. Fawkes,

My apologies, didn't notice your question until today.

With my first pair (the ones I lost), indeed I had trouble, and had to be careful cleaning them. My first model did not have the filters, and I used their sticky sticks solution they included in the box (which are finite-it's best not to need a solution!) The newer F7200s have filters for the nozzles instead, which they now recommend using, in addition to the clear rings so the nozzle doesn't touch your ear in case the tip slips backwards (some tips are more slippery than others.)

Armed with experience tip rolling and many IEMs later, I now instead use AZLA Crystal tips (Xelastec seem impractical for this particular model.) The F7200 wears the included E tips as if they did not had the treble killing closed snout, so they do not alter the tone much, but they also wear smoothly with the top of the IEM, which means that earwax could travel to the small vents.

Though I do not use them for all my IEMs-JVC Spiral Dot++ are my favorites overall-Crystal tips work great with some of my IEMs, and the F7200 happens to be the best for their use. They are wide open, so in the case of earwax getting in the nozzle's sides, it usually acts as a barrier were it gets stuck. Further, when using a smaller size for deeper insertion, I get no ear wax at all most of the time. The larger Crystal tips sometimes get earwax, the farthest it is from the actual eardrum. But truth to be told, I have not needed to use the stock E tips, the nozzle filters, or the clear safety rings, because the Crystal tips wear very, very snuggly, so they won't move around, and provide a sort of "edge earwax barrier". Sometimes some humidity happens, but that is easier to clean. All in all, that is what I would do, and *do recommend* a deeper insertion for an even more lovely sound (bass remains good, within what the model is supposed to do), a firmer fit, and so earwax is a non issue, thus avoiding having to use the stock filters.

I have attached a picture, so you have a better idea of what I mean above. Using the MS Crystal tips, as shown in the image:20230629_215356.jpg (my ears are huge-used ML for shallower insertion). Sound is clear, not affected at all-the shallower the insertion, the more your ear canal may alter the signature, for better or worse. Very deeply inserted, it has a wonderful tonality and "headstage", and does seal outside noise almost too well. They are excellent-pricey, but made in Japan.

So, loved them with a shallower insertion, *adore* these with a smaller tip size, used very close to the eardrum. As you can see from the picture, there is zero chance of the steel hitting my eardrum, as the tip material would get there first, and the tight, black eartip ring won't allow for easy slippage. Wonderful combo that I cannot recommend enough for the F7200 (and the other F models).

(Other tips that may also work well are the Spinfit model with an elongated snout, for which I forgot the model number. But since I am happy with my discovery, I haven't tried them. Long eartips are best for these great-though now mostly a relic-Final IEMs. Crystals are long enough, would not recommend Xelastec for the F7200 because they relax their hold in IEMs over time, and you *want* a tight fit with these-otherwise, Xelastec are good for many other IEMs.)

(Do not use Spiral Dot with these! Do not work at all, may move around, and the dots get lost in the nozzle, which beats the purpose of those otherwise great tips.)

Have you ever done a direct comparison between these and the Etymotic ER4SR/XR? if so what are your impressions?

Nov 18, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #11,573 of 11,642
The last few inches of the cables that connect to the earphones on my E500 have gotten incredibly stiff lately. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #11,575 of 11,642
Of all final audio products, which one has the largest and most 3d soundstage and best imaging?
A very interesting question but a two-part answer
- personally and only from my test listening, this is only my opinion:
IEM - Final Audio A8000
Full - Final Audio D8000
- but the second part of the answer depends on what source these headphones will be connected to and whether you will hear these effects.

Nov 29, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #11,576 of 11,642
What (if any) sound difference is there between the ZE3000 and the EVA2020?

I'm quite interested in the Ultraman edition (as I sit here with an Ultraman plush hanging over me lol), but I already have the Rei edition EVA2020's.

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #11,577 of 11,642
Screenshot 2023-12-08 10.45.59 AM.png

Totally forgot about Japan during black Friday. Oh well... It has to be done...

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #11,578 of 11,642
I recently started using Dunu S&S tips on all my iems - Prestige LTD, Dunu SA6 MKII, Truthear Zero Red, and now the A5000

I was using the Azla Xelastec, then the Azla Crystal as well as final E stock and clear tips.

I enjoyed the clear final E but I really feel the S&S tips take the A5000 to another level

Better isolation (without being a dirt magnet like the Xelastecs) which automatically ups the sense of detail and resolution. Great soundstaging, as good as the final E tips, but with the S&S I also get deeper, fuller bass and I feel sibilant peaks in upper mids and treble are slightly tamed.

The only issue with the S&S tips is getting a good fit.

On Azla tips I usually use mediums but the S&S mediums are too narrow for me so I had to go large.

I definitely recommend them with the A5000. This is the most I've enjoyed these iems so far.
Update on my post here - Love the sound with both the Final E clear and the Dunu S&S. I think the Final E tips are more comfortable for longer listening. Getting myself some of the clear E tips with the red stem which will also win by a long way in the aesthetics department.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #11,579 of 11,642
Screenshot 2023-12-08 10.45.59 AM.png

Totally forgot about Japan during black Friday. Oh well... It has to be done...
Well ain't this a surprise: turns out the Grid01 *is* the Make5. MAKE5-01 to be exact. 02 on the way?
Photo Dec 18 2023, 6 30 49 PM.jpg

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #11,580 of 11,642
Did some measurement on my ghetto measurement rig. It is so ghetto that it uses a boba straw at one place, so take it with a grain of salt.

1. Un-normalized comparison (fixing amplifier volume) and normalized (at 1kHz) of
- E500
- REB Grid01
- VR500
- Study1
- E1000
- EVA2020 3D
All using the Tennmak Whirlwind eartip

Photo Dec 21 2023, 7 44 00 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 21 2023, 7 44 43 PM.jpg

2. E500 with the Tennmak Whirlwind eartips vs the E-eartip, un-normalized vs normalized at 1kHz

Photo Dec 22 2023, 7 02 35 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 22 2023, 7 22 35 PM.jpg

3. E500 driven by
- iPhone SE 2016
- Hugo 2 green filter
- Hugo 2 white filter
- Hugo 2 green filter + HPA-23RM voltage output
- Hugo 2 green filter + HPA-23RM current output

Photo Dec 22 2023, 7 26 16 PM.jpg

Some selected impressions:
- Study1 is an E500 with a shade less warmth. I am surprised at how this little difference is accurately reflected in their names: one is intended for ASMR and one is for spoken voice. Study1 is an E500 without the ASMR ... gimmick. On this ASMR video (just my reference) with Study1, the speaker sounds like she is ~1 feet away; with E500, the speaker sounds like she is talking *at* my concha. In other words, both simulate a proximity effect in midrange, but the E500 adds more chesty-ness. In music listening, this usually translates to a louder kick or bassline on the E500, which may or may not be desirable depending on the recording. The bass on the E-series is by no means quality bass, but when you need it you need it. On songs where the low range is occupied by the vocals (for example this cover of Joan Baez's House Carpenter), the E500's ASMR gimmick would translate again to the singer singing at the concha, a wow factor if your DAC/AMP has good imaging capabilities.
- VR500 is an E500 with a boosted upper treble. Basically a E500 with an A-series/VR3000 twist. The degree of this treble boost is very mild compared to A-series/VR3000, and the overall sound signature is fundamentally E500. It adds a shade of glare to the music. Again, very accurate naming, given Final's previous interpretation of a VR friendly sound.
- Grid01 is an E3000 with a better cable. The marketing words of Grid01 being developed by E3000 engineer is, again, accurate. It surprisingly does not come with the filters, so if you don't have a Make-series unit already, consider yourself out of luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back