Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 2, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #11,538 of 11,644
Well, it’s been a very long time coming. A8000 intrigued me even before I bought the A3000 in March of 2021. Finally got my hands on a set. Haven’t had a listen yet, will happen a little later. I’m SUPER excited about this one because of how long it’s been on my list.

Attachments

• 20230902_190416~2.JPG
    20230902_190416~2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 3, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #11,539 of 11,644
Well, it’s been a very long time coming. A8000 intrigued me even before I bought the A3000 in March of 2021. Finally got my hands on a set. Haven’t had a listen yet, will happen a little later. I’m SUPER excited about this one because of how long it’s been on my list.
can't wait for some impressions!! dream iem

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #11,540 of 11,644

A8000 is easily the best audio purchase I've made. Not the jack of all trades but with right/well recorded music it's technically best sound I've heard in IEM

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #11,542 of 11,644
Been enjoying the A5000 alot. But one thing that has been bugging me is the lack of backing vocal body. But I guess you cant win everything esp with the 1DD miracle they made.

Also what is interesting for me at lest is that on massive bass spikes the driver cant hide itself and images the whole driver moving instead of the synth which is abit jaring.

Edit:
I feel the need to say that the A5000 is both a microscope in that it will show any and all defects yet is very musical and soulful. I feel that it works best with vocal and string heavy songs.

I'm quite new to IEMs but although I enjoy the tonality of the A5000 in stock form I do find that the stock final E eartips are not the most isolating (shame because they are very comfortable... Actually the most comfortable silicone tips I've tried).

I know what you mean about the slight lack of body in the mids but I hasn't bothered me as the overall sound is wonderful.

That said, I have tried swapping eartips to Azla Crystal Standard tips to increase the isolation and found that the overall frequency response has balanced out a little. The mids have come forward a little and by extension it all sounds a tad more neutral.

I was worried the treble may increase too much due to the wide bore (which is apparently supposed to do that). I mean, it may have slightly pushed the treble up but I have 40 year old ears so, even though the YouTube tests suggest a younger age, I may not be hearing increased treble if it's there.

The balanced mids may have also slightly taken away from the spaciousness of the sound. Very slightly. Not something I have listened for in detail. But it's a feeling I get. For that reason i do go back to the stock tips when I don't need the isolation as much.... Also for the comfort.

I'd be keen to hear others' impressions on tip rolling the A5000. I think there's something there and especially if anyone can test with the Azla Crystal tips. Would be good to know if others experience it the same way as me.

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #11,545 of 11,644
Always been a Final fan, but the A8000 is just out of my comfort zone for bright.

if anyone is after one, let me know, mine is just sitting in a box
Give them a try with the Comply tips with the wax guard.

Sep 11, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #11,547 of 11,644
Only recently learned about the A5000, intrigued by the idea of such a wide & accurate soundstage on a IEM at this price point. Am considering grabbing either the Blessing 3's or the A5000 or , but it sounds like, as far as soundstage is concerned, they are completely different implementations.

So with that in mind, any A5000 owners able to speak to their imaging capabilities while playing games? From what I've read about each model, I could see both of them being successful, just curious if that wide staging actually leads to accurate placement.

Sep 11, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #11,548 of 11,644
From what I've read about each model, I could see both of them being successful, just curious if that wide staging actually leads to accurate placement.
Wide and accurate aren’t necessary related. I personally can’t stand spatial gimmicks and artificially extended soundstage.

In games however I’d say the more the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back