Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 17, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #10,549 of 11,642
I’ve send Final Audio an email about my E500, they only responded once. After I responded back that I wanted to send it to them, they stopped replying..

Does anyone know why this is, and how I can get them to respond?

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #10,550 of 11,642
Ok, I was already interested in the new A4000 but now, after reading your opinions and reviews... Man... Getting ready to open up my wallet!
I'm just curious about a thing. I have the E3000 and I simply love it, period. They really make you want to actually LISTEN to music. They're balanced, clean, detailed, with a great instrument separation and a wide stage that gives a sense of a sound that surrounds you. How does the A4000 compare to them?

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #10,551 of 11,642
I don't know, since I don't own e3000 but I can tell you it's 25+ years I listen to Amazing by Aerosmith and I never noticed subtle hihat at the beginning, among ride cymbal strokes . Today I did with a4000. Sure, you must like bright iems. Bright, but they don't shout even at high volume levels.

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #10,552 of 11,642
Ok, I was already interested in the new A4000 but now, after reading your opinions and reviews... Man... Getting ready to open up my wallet!
I'm just curious about a thing. I have the E3000 and I simply love it, period. They really make you want to actually LISTEN to music. They're balanced, clean, detailed, with a great instrument separation and a wide stage that gives a sense of a sound that surrounds you. How does the A4000 compare to them?

I think it might be a good idea to check the sound signature. E3000 are warm and the A4000 have a Bright V shaped sound so the sound will be different from what you are used to. The treble will be a lot stronger than on the E3000.

In theory, they should be better technically and give a more detailed sound but it may not be as enjoyable as warm sound is.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #10,553 of 11,642
Has anyone here opened the final E series earphones for recable purposes?

I do not have warranty on mine anymore so if they are not repairable they are only good for one ear. :frowning2:

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #10,555 of 11,642
I have the E500 and E3000. I was tempted to checkout the E4000. Does anyone recommend?

Feb 26, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #10,556 of 11,642
I finally got myself a pair of Final E3000's! I remember seeing these years ago in Uni and being out of my student budget. Then I found them in my suggested after looking at Final E tips, and decided to bite the bullet after seeing a open box pair for $30.

These things are smooth. Its definitely on the warmer side but not quite what I'd describe as dark. Mids are slightly more recessed then I might like but still delivered well. All in all the tonality sounds pretty close to my IER-m9 (though that has a bit more mids and flatter bass). I would not say these are worth >$100 as the technicalities are still similar to some of the better $50 chifi. Though I have to say for the around $50 recommended retail price range, these have my favorite stock tuning I've heard so far.

My only gripe is the cable is really not reassuring at all. I've bought $4 earbuds with sturdier feeling cables (but worse microphonics lol). I can definitely see myself upgrading to the E4000 in the future (E5000 curve looks a bit too dark/rolled off up top for me)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #10,557 of 11,642
I finally got myself a pair of Final E3000's! I remember seeing these years ago in Uni and being out of my student budget. Then I found them in my suggested after looking at Final E tips, and decided to bite the bullet after seeing a open box pair for $30.

These things are smooth. Its definitely on the warmer side but not quite what I'd describe as dark. Mids are slightly more recessed then I might like but still delivered well. All in all the tonality sounds pretty close to my IER-m9 (though that has a bit more mids and flatter bass). I would not say these are worth >$100 as the technicalities are still similar to some of the better $50 chifi. Though I have to say for the around $50 recommended retail price range, these have my favorite stock tuning I've heard so far.

My only gripe is the cable is really not reassuring at all. I've bought $4 earbuds with sturdier feeling cables (but worse microphonics lol). I can definitely see myself upgrading to the E4000 in the future (E5000 curve looks a bit too dark/rolled off up top for me)

Ya the non detachable cable which is noodle thin (without strain relief) is a bit worrisome. But otherwise it is a nice warm bassy smooth set for those who are treble sensitive.
E3000 scales a lot with amping though, sounds meh from a low powered source.

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #10,558 of 11,642
I think it might be a good idea to check the sound signature. E3000 are warm and the A4000 have a Bright V shaped sound so the sound will be different from what you are used to. The treble will be a lot stronger than on the E3000.

In theory, they should be better technically and give a more detailed sound but it may not be as enjoyable as warm sound is.
I've checked the signature and it's pretty different to the one of the E3000. It's very similar to that of the ZSN Pro I also have, but this has a DD+BA driver configuration and a totally different price tag (and quality accordingly). Listening to the Pros I hear a weird peak at around 9-10khz that ruins the highs. It's not shouty, sibilant or anything: it makes the highs look like they come out of a pretty small and low quality tweeter, like a bright low quality mp3. Taming that frequency down (a lot) with an eq erases the issue and then the sound is fine, no complaints (obviously not as detailed, precise and refined as the E3000, but fine).
This is my main concern now thinking about the A4000, although their quality is undeniably a lot better than the ZSN Pro and so this "peak" issue will most likely not exist with them.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #10,560 of 11,642
I don't get many IEM's anymore but the A4000 seems like it's just too good to pass up for the price so I went ahead and ordered a pair from Audio46. One of the things that I don't like about IEMs in general is the soundstage so I'm looking forward to hearing how they sound since everyone says they have one of the best at the price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back