Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 14, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #10,576 of 11,644
Bottom line: E4000 is incredibly friendly to poorly recorded/mastered music, which is like 99% of the music worth listening to.
I got the E4000 a few weeks ago, and am pretty pleased with them. They manage to be pleasant and sound good without being too revealing.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #10,579 of 11,644
Mar 16, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #10,580 of 11,644
Hi guys, I need your opinion about A3000 please, are there any of you paired it with FiiO BTR5 and found it a good match for J-Pop, K-Pop, Ballad and EDM songs?

I'm searching for an IEM that have a tight and fast bass, detailed, has clear vocal but not giving any sibilance, and got a recommendation from a friend to buy A3000, but one of the reviewer that I read in this forum said it was not suited for my preferable genre, so I'm having doubts now and need more opinion.

For now, I only have Shozy Form 1.1 but got sibilance response in some songs, especially in cymbals sounds and vocal with "s" sound. Have to tune it down in EQ but lost a little bit sound signature coz of that. That's why I want to search an IEM that can paired well with my BTR5 and here I am.

If you have other recommendation than A3000 in Final Audio brands for my BTR5 and preferable songs, I will gladly hear it too (my budget is no more than $250 though). Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #10,581 of 11,644
Hi guys, I need your opinion about A3000 please, are there any of you paired it with FiiO BTR5 and found it a good match for J-Pop, K-Pop, Ballad and EDM songs?

I'm searching for an IEM that have a tight and fast bass, detailed, has clear vocal but not giving any sibilance, and got a recommendation from a friend to buy A3000, but one of the reviewer that I read in this forum said it was not suited for my preferable genre, so I'm having doubts now and need more opinion.

For now, I only have Shozy Form 1.1 but got sibilance response in some songs, especially in cymbals sounds and vocal with "s" sound. Have to tune it down in EQ but lost a little bit sound signature coz of that. That's why I want to search an IEM that can paired well with my BTR5 and here I am.

If you have other recommendation than A3000 in Final Audio brands for my BTR5 and preferable songs, I will gladly hear it too (my budget is no more than $250 though). Thank you

FWIW as I do not have first hand experience with the Heaven IV. This might be your best bet:
Heaven IV or maybe one of the other Heaven series.

I can personally vouch that the final X Drop Heaven III would fulfill your needs. It isn't in production anymore, sadly.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #10,582 of 11,644

Move up to the A4000. It has fast bass, detailed like a planar, has clear vocals, no sibilance, and a massive soundstage.

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #10,583 of 11,644
FWIW as I do not have first hand experience with the Heaven IV. This might be your best bet:
Heaven IV or maybe one of the other Heaven series.

I can personally vouch that the final X Drop Heaven III would fulfill your needs. It isn't in production anymore, sadly.
Thanks for the recommendation, from most of the reviews seems like it certainly match my needs, I tried to search second hand one but it's price already spike more than new unit in my country since it's out of production now. So, it's not an option for me now.

Move up to the A4000. It has fast bass, detailed like a planar, has clear vocals, no sibilance, and a massive soundstage.
Thanks for the recommendation, I already looked it up, but 2 reviews on this forum said there could be a slight sibilance in treble, since I already experience this from my Shozy Form 1.1, I don't want to take any chances anymore.

Anyway, after extending my research, I found E4000 match with my needs, will try to buy it later

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #10,584 of 11,644
I've had my A4000 for a few days now and I must say it's a very nice IEM that I'm enjoying quite a bit. I'm a headphone person first and for most so for me to like an IEM it has to have a good soundstage and boy do these have a good soundstage. Normally I'm not a big fan of the V-shaped sound signature but the A4000 does it in a way I like though I do wish the mids had a bit more presence overall. Bass is not too boomy and has a nice texture to it and the highs can be bright at times but they haven't gone past the point of being harsh which is good. I changed the tips to foam and that has made them sound much better giving the bass more bite and taming the highs but you don't lose any of the detail. All in all I'm very happy with them and I think they're a great buy for the price.
I've had mine for a couple of weeks and really like them, but am not wild about the provided tips.

Might I wask which foam tips you replaced them with?

thanks,

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #10,585 of 11,644
Thanks for the recommendation, from most of the reviews seems like it certainly match my needs, I tried to search second hand one but it's price already spike more than new unit in my country since it's out of production now. So, it's not an option for me now.

Thanks for the recommendation, I already looked it up, but 2 reviews on this forum said there could be a slight sibilance in treble, since I already experience this from my Shozy Form 1.1, I don't want to take any chances anymore.

Anyway, after extending my research, I found E4000 match with my needs, will try to buy it later
You always have to ask for the person's source as well. SonyZX500 walkman has no sibilance at all with stock tips however on the DX160 some songs will be close to sibilant. you can also change to softer tips to lower the treble some more.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #10,586 of 11,644
You always have to ask for the person's source as well. SonyZX500 walkman has no sibilance at all with stock tips however on the DX160 some songs will be close to sibilant. you can also change to softer tips to lower the treble some more.
Most of reviewer uses different DAP which I don't know their sound signature since I don't have it, but some of them usually write their review quite detailed, so it's kindda hard to ask all of them. I just read them all and find their similarities

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #10,587 of 11,644
Final e5000 still doesn't satisfy with CHord mojo. It craves for more power than that :frowning2:
final e5000 1.jpg

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #10,590 of 11,644
I just got my A4000 and I am loving it. Any recommendations for replacement cable? The default one is flimsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back