Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 5, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #10,487 of 11,644
I just did a quick check in Australia for getting the A4k/A3k (because ya'll are hyping it and I'm getting very interested in getting a pair) and a company called 'Addicted to Audio' has both models in stock (along with F-series, E-series, Heaven-series etc) so I might be grabbing a pair from them online.

I've bought stuff from them before and was surprised that they had Final Audio's A-series in stock. So you're in luck if you live in Australia and you want Final Audio stuff

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #10,488 of 11,644
Does anyone know if these 10 songs sound good in the Final A4000?

Satori ft Miou Amadée - Days Without You (Crussen remix)

Bossa Nostra - Blooming

The Right Amount - Long Long Night

TOOL - Fear Inoculum

Okvsho - Kamala’s Danz [Full Album]

Ephixa & Laura Brehm - Losing You

Alex Isley, Massego & Jack Dine - Good & Plenty

Maxwell - Seguranca

Parcels - Overnight

Humons - Try it for Me

Short answer, yes :)
However Parcels - Overnight would sound good even on this
s-l1600.jpg

Feb 5, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #10,491 of 11,644
Then share with us your experience with changing cables, and maybe tips. I saw in some reviews they change a lot with the exchange but did not specify which types of cables, nor brands.

I just bought them, but from past experience with other IEMs, silver cables should widen the stage even more and trim treble. Copper should keep it as is but strengthen the transient response of bass mids and top end.

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #10,492 of 11,644
So while removing the earwax filter on my E500 to insert some extra foam in there, the head of the pin I used to remove it with, got stuck on the driver due to the magnetic attraction.

I inhaled on the nozzle to make sure to get the dent out of the diapghram, if it had any. I did hear a slight pop after doing that, confirming the diapghram is back to normal.

Is there a possibility I got more distorted highs because of doing this? I tested it out with a bass test and the bass sounded fine, no rattle.

But I’m not sure on the highs.

Feb 5, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #10,493 of 11,644
Hm, these have multiple color options..? D: They look terrible x_x And that cable is a joke. Let's hope they sound better than YBF, at least. 🤞 Will give my impressions after work.
IMG_20210205_170638626.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #10,495 of 11,644
I just did a quick check in Australia for getting the A4k/A3k (because ya'll are hyping it and I'm getting very interested in getting a pair) and a company called 'Addicted to Audio' has both models in stock (along with F-series, E-series, Heaven-series etc) so I might be grabbing a pair from them online.

I've bought stuff from them before and was surprised that they had Final Audio's A-series in stock. So you're in luck if you live in Australia and you want Final Audio stuff
Addicted to Audio's parent company is the local distributor for Final. They pretty much have the full range minus the ear tip and wireless stuffs.

I like the A4k a lot, punch way above it's price point. I found that it sounds a lot better balanced, at least with the A&K Kann Alpha. Being a bit less sensitive means you have to turn up the volume a bit, but at least there is no statics like the Campfire Audio Andromeda and Solaris.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #10,499 of 11,644
My first Final Audio product. I'll title this one: "Final A4000 - Welcome to $5 worth of plastic and rubber".

The cheapest build quality I've probably ever seen. Basic plastic. They weight nothing. They look like they're made of Sculpey. KZ blows this thing out of the water. Even their craptastic brown cable is nicer than what A4000 has. Shocking, for $159 in 2021. Inexcusable. Tips are good quality, though(you bought these for great tips, right?).

These sound very, very detailed in the treble. Lots of texture and minute clicks, pops and shimmer are audible with these. Light, bright, airy and very clear. With stock tips + stock cable + no burn-in = a little too bright for me with most of the content I listen to. The crackling sound of a fire, for example, is quite exaggerated. Female vocals, acoustic guitars, and distorted metal/rock guitars are fairly sharp. Not a painful or piercing brightness, just an excessively "treble enhanced" sound. If you love the bright side of life, hey, these are for you lol. Mids seem quite good(I'm no expert on this mysterious area of the frequency response). Bass seems to have good texture and extension, but is sadly very lean with minimal weight. Vocals are very clear, with not much weight/fullness, and can be quite shouty with 's's, The spaciousness and clarity are quite nice; everything else I don't think I care for. I've never heard clicks/pops/static from sub-par recordings/microphones so well before. These are a pretty strange IEM, if you ask me. You can hear acoustic drums just fine, but there's barely any impact to be felt. :frowning2: Can't say I'm impressed with Final. Who wants no bass..?! Fit is a mixed bag for me so far.

photo_2021-02-05_22-26-52.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #10,500 of 11,644
Fit is a mixed bag for me so far.

You're not alone on this. The A series plastic shells hurt my ears after sometime. I suspect the metal shells of the A8000 or B series might do better as they don't look so "sharp" along the outside? So far only the E series style fit me best, not that they are perfect but at least no pain or constant adjusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back