Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 2, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #10,471 of 11,644
I've had the A4000 for a couple of weeks now. Luckily they're easy to find here in Asia!
Fantastic sound, great fit and very, VERY good tips. So good that for the first time in years I haven't swapped them out for something else. For all my other iems (Starfield, Dm480, Spring 1 and others) I had to rely on spinfit or comply for better fit, sealing or making some changes in the sound that fit my preference. The largest tips in the A4000 package fit my ears perfectly and provide good isolation. I was a bit concerned by the shape of the shell but once they're in place they don't move, and finding the correct position is perfectly natural, it feels as if they were designed by people who know that they'll have to inserted inside people's ears. The Starfield not so much, to the point that the only comfortable and tight fit in my ears can be achieved when the're essentially upside down.

The cable is the only issue I have with the A4000, it feels like the kind of cable I'd expect to find in the 2$ bargain bin at a shady electronics store.

Soundwise, I've listened to all sort of genres with them: from power metal to doom metal to synthwave to techno to classical... I haven't found a single genre that made me think:"Man, I really wish i was listening to this with that other iem...". I've only had issues with specific bands that aren't famous for producing well recorded music. the first example that comes to mind is Insomnium:

I've read an interview long ago where a member of the band mentioned that in post production the vocals end up being a bit recessed because they want the listeners to focus more on the music. While I can understand that choice from an artistical point of view, it also means that not all iems/headphones/speakers will be a good fit for their music. The A4000 are a no go for Insomnium. A band that sounds a lot like them, Be'lakor, but produces better recorded albums, sounds fantastic:

They recently re-released a lot of their music with better recording quality, just for reference.
Another band that I stopped listening to immediately was I Prevail, it sounded awful but they're very brickwall-y so i doubt it's the A4000's fault.

I really don't have anything bad to say about the A4000. Compared to the Starfield they have better....everything? Ok, the stock cable on the SF is better. Take that, Final Audio!!1 The A4000 are definitely a tad bit brighter than the SF, but nowhere close to being fatiguing or painful. The Dunu Dm480 made me wish cymbals and the letter S had never been invented, the A4000 is nowhere near that point.
This is my first Final Audio iem so unfortunately I can't compare them to anything in their lineup.

100% recommended.

Edit: in case anyone is interested, my source is usually iBasso dx160 with iFi Hip Dac. Occasionally I use Topping NX4 Dsd when I listen to music from my laptop.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #10,473 of 11,644
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #10,474 of 11,644
A4000 vs A3000

A3000 has tamed upper mids and lower highs a bit. This basically means you can crank up the volume a bit more on A3000 and as a result the bass and upper high will be a bit more emphasized. Booth has the kind of super resolution in the highs and upper mids which I have never heard before on any IEM (not even on IER-M9, not even close). It has almost the same resolving power as the Sundara I have. (this is not achieved by simply boosting the highs as many other iem company does, this is on a different level). I can hear the texture of everything with these iems (cymbals, high hats, everything). One good example is the sound of smoke machine in a disco which can be found in certain electronic songs, for instance (the smoke sound starts at around 14 sec)

So far none of my IEMs were able to reproduce this sound properly and so truthful to life. Only full sized planar headphones like the sundara were capable of doing this. A3000 and A4000 is the first IEM on this level.

My recommendation: if you have particular sensitivity for upper mids and lower highs, stay away from A4000. If you have severe sensitivity of upper highs, stay away from A3000. If you are used to full size planar headphones like the sundara, both A3000 and A4000 can be an awesome choice.
My personal favorite is the A4000. The A3000 is just a bit warmer presentation with the same technical capabilities and also a keeper.

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #10,476 of 11,644
I bought mine from https://www.concertoaudio.com/. They are a Spanish company and shipping within the EU.
I think they don't have stock info on their website, so it is worth asking them first if they have stock or not.
Also, shipping was a bit slow because it was delivered on land not on plane (and I had to ask them about tracking number separately). Otherwise I'm satisfied with them.

Feb 3, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #10,478 of 11,644
The a3000 is much warmer . It's not as spicy as the a4000. They have a similar signature but they aren't as airy and spacious. Some may prefer them. Vocals sound better on the a3000 to be honest.

saw a review on youtube saying there's no point in getting the 3000 since for a little more, you can get something amazing in the 4000.
The a3000 is much warmer . It's not as spicy as the a4000. They have a similar signature but they aren't as airy and spacious. Some may prefer them. Vocals sound better on the a3000 to be honest.

The air and spaciousness of the A4000 are amazing on well-recorded albums where things pan left and right like Pink Floyd's "Darkside of the Moon".
I'm here listening to many Hi-Res files and my jaw is on the floor.

The a4000 is also amazing for Movies. You feel immersed in whatever you're watching. I'm sure it's good for gaming as well.

Feb 3, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #10,479 of 11,644
What about accessories, is there anything that can help the A4000 experience?

I was thinking about copper cable (warm sound) + foam tip + Earmen Sparrow (warm sound/2.5mm), would it be a good choice to use with my phone?

I did see some compatible 2pin 4.4 cables on Ali express for $18. going to order some silver and pure copper cables

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #10,482 of 11,644
What e series are best for rock and metal? After a cheapish set of items to use that I won’t cry if something happens to them. Can go as high as the e4000.

Thanks.

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #10,484 of 11,644
Does anyone know if these 10 songs sound good in the Final A4000?

Satori ft Miou Amadée - Days Without You (Crussen remix)

Bossa Nostra - Blooming

The Right Amount - Long Long Night

TOOL - Fear Inoculum

Okvsho - Kamala’s Danz [Full Album]

Ephixa & Laura Brehm - Losing You

Alex Isley, Massego & Jack Dine - Good & Plenty

Maxwell - Seguranca

Parcels - Overnight

Humons - Try it for Me

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #10,485 of 11,644
What e series are best for rock and metal? After a cheapish set of items to use that I won’t cry if something happens to them. Can go as high as the e4000.

Thanks.
Depends on how you want your rock and metal to sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back