Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 1, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #10,456 of 11,644
Mine just came in right now from Audio 46.On Initial listen and I've been wowed already. This IEM sounds like it costs at least $1000. That's even before burn-in. Bass is there if the song has it, mids are a little forward, Transient response is decent and Treble is well extended and not harsh in any way. The soundstage is indeed the crown of this IEM. feels almost 360 like, paired with the Sony ZX500 walkman.

Watching the Last season of Vikings on my PC (Soundblaster G5 set at low gain, 24bit,48Hz) feels like an immersive experience. The sound is all around me.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #10,457 of 11,644
Mine just came in right now from Audio 46.On Initial listen and I've been wowed already. This IEM sounds like it costs at least $1000. That's even before burn-in. Bass is there if the song has it, mids are a little forward, Transient response is decent and Treble is well extended and not harsh in any way. The soundstage is indeed the crown of this IEM. feels almost 360 like, paired with the Sony ZX500 walkman.

Watching the Last season of Vikings on my PC (Soundblaster G5 set at low gain, 24bit,48Hz) feels like an immersive experience. The sound is all around me.
The soundstage is bigger than the a8000 . Most underrated iem on the planet

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #10,461 of 11,644
It would be interesting to see if there are any differences. Since they are so close in price, I'm not sure what the point on the A3000 is.
The a3000 is much warmer . It's not as spicy as the a4000. They have a similar signature but they aren't as airy and spacious. Some may prefer them. Vocals sound better on the a3000 to be honest.

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #10,466 of 11,644
Anyone else here basically only like these bullet shaped IEMs? I have never been able to get along with any of those Campfire-esque shaped IEMs. None of them fit my ears, or if they do, they require quite a bit of fiddling--just in time for someone to need my attention and I have to pull them out and start the fit process over again. This is why the Final E5000 and Flares were so compelling to me.
[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree with you 100%. I've always loved bullet earphones. I've had so many. Flares included!
[/QUOTE]

I've started to like the more conch shaped lately because they are ported well so you don't get pressure build up in the ear like you do ESPECIALLY with Flares. Regardless, the E5000 never had that problem for me, they are fantastic headphones that just require some herculean power to sing.

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #10,467 of 11,644
Anyone else here basically only like these bullet shaped IEMs? I have never been able to get along with any of those Campfire-esque shaped IEMs. None of them fit my ears, or if they do, they require quite a bit of fiddling--just in time for someone to need my attention and I have to pull them out and start the fit process over again. This is why the Final E5000 and Flares were so compelling to me.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree with you 100%. I've always loved bullet earphones. I've had so many. Flares included!
[/QUOTE]

I've started to like the more conch shaped lately because they are ported well so you don't get pressure build up in the ear like you do ESPECIALLY with Flares. Regardless, the E5000 never had that problem for me, they are fantastic headphones that just require some herculean power to sing.
[/QUOTE]

I get enough volume on 40% on my iPad for the E5000.. So I guess the iPad can drive them well?

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #10,468 of 11,644

[/QUOTE]

I get enough volume on 40% on my iPad for the E5000.. So I guess the iPad can drive them well?
[/QUOTE]

I found them to be fine with an iPad or my E17K, but their soundstage really opened up when I paired them with my Heresy amp. Compared to my Blessing 2 which sound great out of everything I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back