Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 15, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #9,961 of 11,644
hello bidn

great you have them and like the sound, when you know the piano forte x it's a little shock to hear what is possible with the lab 2, a great archievement.

the cable is marked for left, has a little knob, look at this picture:

and i have received the balanced cable a week ago, it's the same cable with a balanced 2.5mm trrs plug, as reference a picture with the part number:

have fun exploring you new earphone :)

Is this the same cable that would be fit the later series of Final iems like the A8000 and B series?

Aug 21, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #9,962 of 11,644
02E80837-0263-4F26-8C58-EFD5C41A5633.jpeg

The B1 has come home. Thanks to Claire at JabenSG 🙏

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #9,963 of 11,644
Aug 22, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #9,965 of 11,644
I have been rediscovering Final Audio. After a break after Lab1 and Lab2. I used to fly all the time for work. So, FitEar custom IEMs suited me better. But now with the Covid situation I have time to try out universals again. Of course, I started again by dipping my toes with the excellent Sony IER Z1R. I had picked up the D8000 of which I am still very fond of, never mind its legendary weight. Excellent headphone!

Recently, my curiosity was piqued by its IEM companion, the A8000. I took the plunge. I should warn you that the pure beryllium DD should be given a chance to fully burn in before it shows its full prowess. Thanks to Claire of Jaben in Singapore, who managed to track one down in her store for me to demo. I will say that it was really bright at first. As it burned in (> 50 hours), the suppleness and nuances rally kicked in. Of course during this period, I was pairing it with Eletech’s most excellent Plato cable (thanks to @Eric Chong for doing a pair for me - I was looking for a cable for the Sony Z1R). The Plato cable takes no prisoners - it is very transparent indeed. Add that to the A8000 undergoing burn in, you can imagine the interesting experience. Unlike some enthusiasts, I don’t believe in burning in IEMs without listening to them. I like to. So I can hear the incremental changes as the drivers burn in. Of course, I will confess that I had no hesitation in plonking down the price for the A8000 after less than 10 hours into the demo. I could hear the promise of a fantastic relationship with this extraordinary IEM. I was reminded why I first fell in love with the FIBASS when I first heard it years ago. And how the raw emotions almost brought tears to my eyes when I was listening to Diana Krall’s Walk On By off the AK100 on a dark and freezing winter’s night in Shenyang, China, almost a decade ago now.

I am now on leg 2 of that journey of rediscovery with the Final B1. Yes, I will say that when it first came home, it smacked me in the face: the visceral bass and the crystal clarity of the vocals and trebles. What a combination! I will admit I was very seduced by the idea of a hybrid from Final - what magic could they do with this. Thanks again to Claire from JabenSG for making this possible. Now with around >20 hours, the DD is now getting more nuanced. Whilst I don’t expect it to ever to be as expressive or nuanced as the exceptional A8000, we are going down a very nice path indeed. Listening to both Tidal and QQ Music streaming, it shows how versatile it is. It certainly deals very well with Kacey Musgrave or Rumer, as well the more layered and busy tracks you get on OST music on QQ Music where there are so many different layers and instruments - rich and lush sound indeed. I expect that it will get better as the DD burns in further.

What I will say is these are of course dark times for us all. But there is a silver lining: we have time to appreciate music and the various modes of delivery. Looking back, who would have thought that lossless music streaming is so possible in my lifetime, or that we would have DAPs that are able streaming the music and be able to drive IEMs with such authority? :)

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #9,966 of 11,644
I have been rediscovering Final Audio. After a break after Lab1 and Lab2. I used to fly all the time for work. So, FitEar custom IEMs suited me better. But now with the Covid situation I have time to try out universals again. Of course, I started again by dipping my toes with the excellent Sony IER Z1R. I had picked up the D8000 of which I am still very fond of, never mind its legendary weight. Excellent headphone!

Recently, my curiosity was piqued by its IEM companion, the A8000. I took the plunge. I should warn you that the pure beryllium DD should be given a chance to fully burn in before it shows its full prowess. Thanks to Claire of Jaben in Singapore, who managed to track one down in her store for me to demo. I will say that it was really bright at first. As it burned in (> 50 hours), the suppleness and nuances rally kicked in. Of course during this period, I was pairing it with Eletech’s most excellent Plato cable (thanks to @Eric Chong for doing a pair for me - I was looking for a cable for the Sony Z1R). The Plato cable takes no prisoners - it is very transparent indeed. Add that to the A8000 undergoing burn in, you can imagine the interesting experience. Unlike some enthusiasts, I don’t believe in burning in IEMs without listening to them. I like to. So I can hear the incremental changes as the drivers burn in. Of course, I will confess that I had no hesitation in plonking down the price for the A8000 after less than 10 hours into the demo. I could hear the promise of a fantastic relationship with this extraordinary IEM. I was reminded why I first fell in love with the FIBASS when I first heard it years ago. And how the raw emotions almost brought tears to my eyes when I was listening to Diana Krall’s Walk On By off the AK100 on a dark and freezing winter’s night in Shenyang, China, almost a decade ago now.

I am now on leg 2 of that journey of rediscovery with the Final B1. Yes, I will say that when it first came home, it smacked me in the face: the visceral bass and the crystal clarity of the vocals and trebles. What a combination! I will admit I was very seduced by the idea of a hybrid from Final - what magic could they do with this. Thanks again to Claire from JabenSG for making this possible. Now with around >20 hours, the DD is now getting more nuanced. Whilst I don’t expect it to ever to be as expressive or nuanced as the exceptional A8000, we are going down a very nice path indeed. Listening to both Tidal and QQ Music streaming, it shows how versatile it is. It certainly deals very well with Kacey Musgrave or Rumer, as well the more layered and busy tracks you get on OST music on QQ Music where there are so many different layers and instruments - rich and lush sound indeed. I expect that it will get better as the DD burns in further.

What I will say is these are of course dark times for us all. But there is a silver lining: we have time to appreciate music and the various modes of delivery. Looking back, who would have thought that lossless music streaming is so possible in my lifetime, or that we would have DAPs that are able streaming the music and be able to drive IEMs with such authority? :)

I’m an unequivocal final fanboy, no doubt about it. Being half Japanese on my mother’s side, I was raised to learn the culture, and I’ve never looked back.

I love the original D8000 and compared it to the Pro version in a review I wrote ... the D8000 has a tone that warms my heart. ❤

My A8000 is totally different, it makes my head buzz 🤪 with excitement, the transparency is stellar. Never a problem of brightness for me after my long burn-in.

Aug 22, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #9,968 of 11,644
Aug 23, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #9,970 of 11,644
I’m an unequivocal final fanboy, no doubt about it. Being half Japanese on my mother’s side, I was raised to learn the culture, and I’ve never looked back.

I love the original D8000 and compared it to the Pro version in a review I wrote ... the D8000 has a tone that warms my heart. ❤

My A8000 is totally different, it makes my head buzz 🤪 with excitement, the transparency is stellar. Never a problem of brightness for me after my long burn-in.

Hahah! I feel you man! The only customs in my rotation are FitEars. I am still blown away by Final IEMs from FIBASS to this day. And the only other universal I have bought is the Sony Signature IER-Z1R IEM.

Yes, the D8000, despite all the criticism leveled at it, is still one of my favourite headphones. :)

I‘ve spent most of the past few days with the B1. Listening as it slowly burns and evolves to be more nuanced, cohesive and yet so alluring. Now I am back on the A8000. Heheh! I know what you mean. The beryllium DD is so supple, nuanced and quick. As it shifts from mood to emotion, from crystal trebles to visceral bass. Never a dull moment with this IEM for sure!

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #9,974 of 11,644
Guys, if i change the e4000 stock cable with final audio C106 mmcx silver coated cable,
Will it improved the e4000 sounds ?
Hi there,
i cannot tell you about the final audio C106, but I changed the cable of my E4000 to a balanced cable, Linsoul Tripowin Zonie to connect to my AK SR25 and the sound improvement is very clear to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back