Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #9,721 of 11,644
Unfortunately I really dislike my E5000 so far. I knew that it would be a bit "dark", but I feel like it's missing any sort of nuance or detail in the mids and treble, and I don't get the sense of joy from the vocals and soundstage that a lot of people have praised it for in the past. I know they're supposed to need plenty of power, but I've used the E5000 on 4 different sources that have high gain modes and nothing seemed to help, tip rolling hasn't helped either :frowning2:

Will continue to burn it in and maybe try some cable swaps.

You're not alone, I don't like E5000 (or even E4000) at all and I'm at complete loss understanding all the praise they get.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #9,722 of 11,644
Yeah ,

Amazing reply :relieved: Also about insertion level is valuable. I immediately noticed you miss out on impact and detail when too shallow. No good.

It must have been said a dozen times in here but I'm interested in what you think about differences between black E vs white? So far in stock form, from a Hiby R6 Pro, the E5000 is stuffy sounding and i doubt it can be turned around satisfactorily. Someone here pointed to Final's recommendation of 150-200 hours burn-in which might play a role? I've paid this phenomenon very little mind for full-size headphones. Then again, bronze ears for sure.

To pursuit other IEM or to pursuit not is the question.

Does your friend have any favourite(s)?
Absolutely, he like kinda harmanish with slightly analytical tuning :D ex : tanchjim oxygen.

I think black tips and white doesn't make difference, since I've been using white pink and black E tips. Maybe u should try other size tips and maybe wear it straight down.

Usually I use M tips for other iem , but i need L for E5000.

And if it's still not suit your taste , it maybe this iem isn't your taste of tonal :D no worries :D

My source is xduoo XD-05 plus (mid gain for 55% vol) or hiby r3 pro (hi gain 63% vol)
Hopes it will help you 👍

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #9,723 of 11,644

Amazing reply :relieved: Also about insertion level is valuable. I immediately noticed you miss out on impact and detail when too shallow. No good.

It must have been said a dozen times in here but I'm interested in what you think about differences between black E vs white? So far in stock form, from a Hiby R6 Pro, the E5000 is stuffy sounding and I doubt it can be turned around satisfactorily. Someone here pointed to Final's recommendation of 150-200 hours burn-in which might play a role? I've paid this phenomenon very little mind for full-size headphones. Then again, bronze ears for sure.

To pursuit other IEM or to pursuit not is the question.

Does your friend have any favourite(s)?

The white ones take "some" (read "a little") bass out. This is due to their silicon umbrella being softer than the black/colored versions.

On your "stuffy" sensation.

Firstly, sadly I can't say about burn-in as I got my E5K 2nd hand & burnt.

If by "stuffy" you mean "congested" as in dramatically failing at imaging and resolution - then this is really odd. E5000 is not that, unless seriously underamped which is impossible on an R6

If by "stuffy" you instead mean that the overall sound "sounds too full", too "meaty", "too dark" then I'm afraid there's little to do: that's E5000.
Surely, R6 is a warmish source. But pairing it with a brighter one will not change it night/day.
E5000 has a textured musical bass and especially sub-bass, with little to no bleeding at the sound origin level, but what I call "psychological" bleeding is there: all that bass does bias my overall sensation and impacts on my "acceptance" of the other frequencies, even if they are indeed there with their own apriori independent personalities.
It's a shadowed room. In french the exact word would be "sombre" I think. Soundstage is big, but the "darkness" sensation is such that your "skin reaction" is rather that of intimacy. Only after you adapt you perceive that dark does not imply narrow. Etc.
If you do not like this, E5000 is not for you.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #9,725 of 11,644
I might try the E3000, hopefully Amazon doesn't put my account on hold for too many returns if I don't like it lol. If I still prefer the E500, I dub it the crown jewel of the E series and an anomaly for the price. I've heard mixed things about E4000 and E5000, and the price also puts them up against a higher tier. So far to me E500>E2000>E1000

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #9,726 of 11,644
Anyone using or used the C112 cable? Can you tell me about it? this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Black-Cable-3-5mm-Angled/dp/B07L3CGB8V

I'm considering purchasing it for my Sony XBA-N3AP. I'm looking for something light, without microphonics, that can be worn straight down (so requires no or very light memory wire). I hate the N3AP stock cable, microphonics are horrible, and the remote pulls on the IEMs.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #9,727 of 11,644
Anyone using or used the C112 cable? Can you tell me about it? this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Black-Cable-3-5mm-Angled/dp/B07L3CGB8V

I'm considering purchasing it for my Sony XBA-N3AP. I'm looking for something light, without microphonics, that can be worn straight down (so requires no or very light memory wire). I hate the N3AP stock cable, microphonics are horrible, and the remote pulls on the IEMs.

When I had the F4100 which uses this cable, I liked it a lot. No microphonic issues for me, especially when using the cinch.

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #9,728 of 11,644

My e4000 use that cable, and I can't find any different from my final silver cable

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #9,729 of 11,644
When I had the F4100 which uses this cable, I liked it a lot. No microphonic issues for me, especially when using the cinch.
My e4000 use that cable, and I can't find any different from my final silver cable

thanks! how would you rate the cable in terms of weight? No risk of pulling on the IEM when worn straight down and not over the ear while walking? No microphonics as well when walking? I will mainly if not only use it when walking, not stationary.

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #9,730 of 11,644
thanks! how would you rate the cable in terms of weight? No risk of pulling on the IEM when worn straight down and not over the ear while walking? No microphonics as well when walking? I will mainly if not only use it when walking, not stationary.
Do you mean microphonics is the sound because of the cable is moving and hit something? If it is , yes it happens when I use it straight down , u should use it over the ear to avoid that thing.

The cable is very light , no issue when using it straight down.
Sorry my bad English :D

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #9,731 of 11,644
I’ve been very impressed by the longevity of this thread and the amount of positive reviews. This series appears to stand the test of time. I’ve therefore ordered a refurbished pair of E5000 for £125. Impressions to follow.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #9,732 of 11,644
So it seems the cable I bought 6 months ago to replace the stock cable of my pair of E5000 has adversely affected the E5000 monitors themselves. Over time, the connection between the replacement cable (cable #170 on hakuzen's list, a cable from Electro Acousti on AliExpress) and the monitors has become so loose that the sound on both left and right sides constantly cuts out. I finally got fed up with it and decided to go back to using the original E5000 cable, because the connection was always tight and never a problem. Well, the original cable stays connected with the monitors, but there's now noticeable wobble between the cable connectors and the monitors on both sides. They don't disconnect (so far) but there was absolutely no wobble before using the Electro Acousti cable.

Buyer beware. Just because a cable costs US$90 doesn't mean it's high quality. I'll likely have to purchase an entirely new set of E5000 in the near future.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #9,733 of 11,644
So it seems the cable I bought 6 months ago to replace the stock cable of my pair of E5000 has adversely affected the E5000 monitors themselves. Over time, the connection between the replacement cable (cable #170 on hakuzen's list, a cable from Electro Acousti on AliExpress) and the monitors has become so loose that the sound on both left and right sides constantly cuts out. I finally got fed up with it and decided to go back to using the original E5000 cable, because the connection was always tight and never a problem. Well, the original cable stays connected with the monitors, but there's now noticeable wobble between the cable connectors and the monitors on both sides. They don't disconnect (so far) but there was absolutely no wobble before using the Electro Acousti cable.

Buyer beware. Just because a cable costs US$90 doesn't mean it's high quality. I'll likely have to purchase an entirely new set of E5000 in the near future.
MMCX cables/connectors arent meant to be switched out, so the mmcx female port in your E5000 probably got "expanded".

See if you can do something like this:

Otherwise maybe use a little bit of tape to make it stop wobbling?

Jun 30, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #9,734 of 11,644

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back