Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #9,617 of 11,686
Yes, these things can indeed affect the sound. Tips can change the distance between the eardrum and the IEMs, as well as the seal, and cable down or around the ear can change the angle and seal of the IEMs too. When I had the E5000 over for a review, I preferred to use them cable down and with quite a deep insertion to get a nice bass response. Similarly I always use the E4000 cable down and a deep insertion when I train in my gym or go running because the bass is a bit tighter and gives a nice impact, which is good for training.
Since you have 2 of them E4k and E5k , which more bass "quantity"?

I can't decide , my E5k feels like it has rounder bass but the quantity is lower than E4k. Is it the same with you?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #9,618 of 11,686
Since you have 2 of them E4k and E5k , which more bass "quantity"?

I can't decide , my E5k feels like it has rounder bass but the quantity is lower than E4k. Is it the same with you?
I don't actually have the E5000 anymore, as I only had them on loan for a review I did. Since I have not heard them in over a year, it might be better to check out my review from back then here. I reviewed both there and gave a brief direct comparison at the end as well. Specifics on the bass of both is on the second page.

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #9,619 of 11,686
I don't actually have the E5000 anymore, as I only had them on loan for a review I did. Since I have not heard them in over a year, it might be better to check out my review from back then here. I reviewed both there and gave a brief direct comparison at the end as well. Specifics on the bass of both is on the second page.
Ah yeah thx already checked it 👍

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #9,620 of 11,686
Does anyone have both the E500 and E1000? I wonder how they compare. They are similar price and pretty similar frequency graph.

I just got my E500 from amazon.jp and I love them! For the price I think they sound really really good.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #9,622 of 11,686
Jun 3, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #9,623 of 11,686
Does anyone have both the E500 and E1000? I wonder how they compare. They are similar price and pretty similar frequency graph.

I just got my E500 from amazon.jp and I love them! For the price I think they sound really really good.
I suggest u to save some more and try the e4000 , it's a very good iem for band kinda music. The kick drum hit hard without overshadowing the mids , and the treble is crisp enough but no sibilance at all.
But if u prefer modern music with artificial bass and good vocals , I suggest u to go for e5000. I'm a satisfied consumer lol.

Jun 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #9,624 of 11,686
So for kicks and giggles, I decided to go from a SS to a S size on my B3s. I have always been the guy who had small ear canals so I just default to the smallest one possible and have always been fairly content with the sound. I sort of assumed that I would like it less and then go back to the SS, however, apparently I misjudged my ear size and honestly, not only is this size better for me, but I never realized how much bass the B3 has. What is funny is that I gave high praise for the B3 before and now it has somehow gotten even better!

Moral of the story, try different ear bud sizes, you might be surprised like I was!

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #9,626 of 11,686
Just received my E500 today from Drop, looking forward to some listening sessions over the next few days. I’ll report back my initial observations ...

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #9,628 of 11,686
The Flares Pro 2HD has very tight, punchy bass. It is definitely more refined than the E5000. Its still possibly a few dB too much if you want something closer to neutral, but personally, these headphones have the best bass balance I've heard in a headphone--though my taste is towards a slight bass bump, but not so much it bleeds into the lower-midrange. The treble is well controlled here. I'm prone to noticing sibilance, and these have none of it, even on tracks I listen to with relatively shrill/prominent string instruments. The mids are well represented here as well--more forward and revealing than the E5000. IMO the Flares Pro 2 HD are a direct upgrade to the E5000. But that upgrade does come at a cost, and one I'm not currently willing to bear.

Agreed on the cable. I hold these things like I'm holding gold leaf. The cable will eventually short imo in like 2 years, whereas the Final cable feels really sturdy (possibly a bit too heavy, but that's the give and take).

EDIT: Anyone else here basically only like these bullet shaped IEMs? I have never been able to get along with any of those Campfire-esque shaped IEMs. None of them fit my ears, or if they do, they require quite a bit of fiddling--just in time for someone to need my attention and I have to pull them out and start the fit process over again. This is why the Final E5000 and Flares were so compelling to me.

Ya it's unfortunate they haven't listened to the community feedback regarding a removable cable (or even an improved cable if not removable). When I tried the original Flares Pro I actually found that they did not stick in my ear as well as I would have liked, due to the location of the cable. Whereas the cable on the Final E5000 is at the very end of the IEM, the cable on the Flares Pro come out at the 1/2 to 1/3 from the end.

It's good to hear that Flares Pro 2HD is a direct upgrade to E5000. I've been looking for an upgrade with improved bass texture and resolution. Hopefully Final will come out with a successor to the Final E5000!

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #9,629 of 11,686
Ya it's unfortunate they haven't listened to the community feedback regarding a removable cable (or even an improved cable if not removable). When I tried the original Flares Pro I actually found that they did not stick in my ear as well as I would have liked, due to the location of the cable. Whereas the cable on the Final E5000 is at the very end of the IEM, the cable on the Flares Pro come out at the 1/2 to 1/3 from the end.

It's good to hear that Flares Pro 2HD is a direct upgrade to E5000. I've been looking for an upgrade with improved bass texture and resolution. Hopefully Final will come out with a successor to the Final E5000!

Its funny because I had to return one of them and, if I didn't have to pay so dang much for return shipping on the Flares I would have returned them. There is something to those E5000 that I just love even though I can clearly tell they are not technically as good as the Flares. Same goes for the Flares vs my AKG K7XX. The K7XX has better overall timbre when it comes to cellos and really that part of the fequency range--there is more transparency there and more air. They are technically better than the Flares, but the Flares have a more appealing presentation of sound overall to the AKGs. I feel like the presentation of sound coming from the E5000 are just a bit more fun than the Flares--this likely has to do with the larger soundstage on the E5000. I'd honestly wait for an E5000 successor, or possibly look into the DUNU K2001. That actually looks pretty compelling. 13mm Berillyum DD combined with a bunch of Knowles BAs with a semi open-back design to increase soundstage seems like it could be a winner.

Jun 6, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #9,630 of 11,686
1D6990C5-B800-473E-8DC3-5B5CC954F2D0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back