Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 26, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #9,227 of 11,644
Very interested in the e5000 now, but just wondering what kind of bass is it? Is it the basshead boomy bass or a more controlled tight and fast bass? Judging by the graph it looks like it has the same bass as the tfz no.3 which I dislike due to its boomy bass.

Is there no true upgrade to the neutral e1000?
Currently there is no real upgrade for E1000. However personally I think E500 which is made for binaural recording is giving an even more neutral presentation compared to E1000. However, price wise, it is cheaper than E1000 though. So... maybe it cant be said as an upgrade :)

Ah no, it's obviously not a snail. The sub-bass is definitely tight and snare-drums sound very, very impactful (which is great in my book).
@kmmbd Really appreciate your help in sharing your experience and impression with the community. /like

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #9,228 of 11,644
Well thanks for the inputs, I have ordered the e5000 and hopefully have it by next week.

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #9,230 of 11,644
Ordered mine too. Can't wait to have this iem :D

Don't know why this brand isn't famous enough in my country..
Only trash brands like Beats and bose is popular in sweden....

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #9,231 of 11,644
Would be interesting to see a E10k/ E10000 that is an upgraded E1000 with removable cable :smile:

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #9,232 of 11,644
Very interested in the e5000 now, but just wondering what kind of bass is it? Is it the basshead boomy bass or a more controlled tight and fast bass? Judging by the graph it looks like it has the same bass as the tfz no.3 which I dislike due to its boomy bass.

Is there no true upgrade to the neutral e1000?

Bass is elevated and the mids/treble are relaxed neutral. If it's perceived as boomy, it's about the tuning more than any technical issue, as attack and decay is natural, especially when driven with enough power. That said, the E5000 is very friendly to tip rolling so if the stock tips don't work out for you, Spiral Dots should balanced the sound out a bit.

Honestly, the E5000 reminds me of the ZMF Aeolus in terms of voicing, which makes it an essential IEM in my collection. Speaking of which, my left IEM just died so I need to replace it :frowning2:

Feb 27, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #9,233 of 11,644
Speaking of which, my left IEM just died so I need to replace it

That sucks, I don't think I would last more than a week without listening to them. Hifiheadphones is having a sale on them though, esp the open-box ones. Might pique your interest.

Feb 28, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #9,234 of 11,644
Feb 29, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #9,235 of 11,644
Had the chance to demo the Final A8000 and the Sony IER-Z1R today, so wanted to post my impressions. Do note that I only had 30min of listening time though, and that I don't have many listening experience with kilobuck IEMs.

Bass
A8000: Fast and detailed. Neither emphasised nor recessed, it just presents the bass as per the music (Currawong's video review describes this better). Personally I would prefer more bass and a touch slower decay, but maybe I'm just used to the E5000.

Z1R: Impressive bass, perfect impact and decay. Doesn't bleed into the mids. Just as detailed as the A8000. This, for me, is THE ideal bass.

Mids
A8000: Vocals are symphonic. More lower mid body when compared to the Sony. Female vocals are slightly more elevated than male vocals. Electric guitar on some tracks can sound harsh. Upper mids is a balancing act of sharp and shimmer - as in it will depend on the mastering of the song.

Z1R: Everyone knows that the lower mids are recessed, consequently making them thin sounding. Upper mids is superb, no complaints here. Female vocals sound grand and smooth. I think there's less mid details on the Z1R.

Treble
A8000: These are detail monsters. Depending on the song, they can sound sharp but never sibilant. I feel the treble can make songs sound more exciting compared to the Z1R, especially EDM or pop songs.

Z1R: Very smooth and extended. Again, not as detailed as the A8000. When comparing with the A8000, it sounded less 'fun' (though I'm sure if I had the Z1R alone this wouldn't be an issue). If you're sensetive to treble, the Z1R would be the safer option.

Soundstage
Didn't really have enough time to assess soundstage and imaging but from what I can gather both have amazing capabilities.

Comfort
I find the A8000 to have better fit in my ears. The Z1Rs are very heavy. Probably needed tip rolling to get the ideal fit for the Z1R.

Definitely need to listen for longer periods again if I wanted to buy one. As it stands, I prefer the A8000. Only because of better fit and mid presentation. I concede that the bass on the Z1R is better though.

Did anyone else compared the A8000 and the Z1R?

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #9,236 of 11,644
I agree with your compare, without treble Z1R for me more sparkly and smooth than A8000.

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #9,237 of 11,644
Thank you for sharing your opinion and those amazing comparison which definitely let users who own the other models to imagine how the E1000 sounds like.

Comparing to E2000 & E3000, we have applied a thicker cable for E1000 to that it is stronger. We did not consider having E1000 being cable removable because it will lead to more cost which means higher price. The reason we have come out with E1000 was actually due to the request / feedback from school students that they love E2000 and E3000 but they wish to have a cheaper model. That is why cutting down the cost was our main mission in doing it. :)

Besides that, we believe that most of the users who purchased E1000 seldom consider recable. If the cable is indeed broken, just contact the retailer or Final Support Center, we are always happy to provide warranty replacement if it is proven to be our product quality issue and within the 1 year of the warranty period.

Had the chance to demo the Final A8000 and the Sony IER-Z1R today, so wanted to post my impressions. Do note that I only had 30min of listening time though, and that I don't have many listening experience with kilobuck IEMs.

................... (Too long, message deleted, sorry)

Definitely need to listen for longer periods again if I wanted to buy one. As it stands, I prefer the A8000. Only because of better fit and mid presentation. I concede that the bass on the Z1R is better though.

Did anyone else compared the A8000 and the Z1R?
Thank you for sharing your impression on both the Z1R and A8000. We are both a Japanese maker and I think this is really interesting for readers over here because it is common that sound tuning is affected by the regional interest too.
Our huge respect for Sony!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #9,239 of 11,644
Final Audio When will update the LAB II? New super horn model IEM ? Are developments underway? Or LAB II is the completion of the Final's philosophy of an open horn shell? All Final's fans are eagerly awaiting a new incredible horny IEM that will revolutionize our understanding of sound.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #9,240 of 11,644
Thank you very much for your compliment.

Unfortunately as Heaven series is quite an old product, it is quite difficult for us to fulfill the large minimum order quantity set by our manufacturer, therefore we have decided to stop the production of Heaven series.

However, our engineers are working on other new products with lower price range so that everyone can enjoy our sound :)
That's a shame, i find the E series (i've tried 1000-4000) are less of a Final than simply a good IEM.
That in itself is great, but i liked Final for its unique tuning thats why i have both my Heaven II and Adagio V for years now. The E models just feels less... special for me.
The A8000 and the B series seems interesting tho.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back