Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #9,121 of 11,644
Jan 3, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #9,122 of 11,644
I love it, because have higher mids forwards like F7, faster than F3, sound like dynamics not armature, very resolution and separate sound and no need power DAP or AMP. But their tonality depends of cable, dap and mastering song.

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #9,123 of 11,644
Hey Guys anyone have experience with FINAL AUDIO FI-BA-SS vs Andromeda, how they compare, differ?
thx

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #9,124 of 11,644
I love it, because have higher mids forwards like F7, faster than F3, sound like dynamics not armature, very resolution and separate sound and no need power DAP or AMP. But their tonality depends of cable, dap and mastering song.

As with anything, take measurements with a pinch of salt. But I do really like the A8000, very fast and detailed.

Final A8000.jpg

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #9,125 of 11,644
Been listening to the Final E1000 for the last few days. I sort of bought it only for the tips (the tips alone would cost me nearly 80% of the earphone's price here), but the sound quality surprised me indeed. Strangely enough - this is the most "balanced" tuning among the whole E-series lineup, with an overall very smooth tonality. Definitely a stand-out in the budget crowd where it's very difficult to come across such tuning.
IMG_5218_r.JPG

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #9,126 of 11,644
Been listening to the Final E1000 for the last few days. I sort of bought it only for the tips (the tips alone would cost me nearly 80% of the earphone's price here), but the sound quality surprised me indeed. Strangely enough - this is the most "balanced" tuning among the whole E-series lineup, with an overall very smooth tonality. Definitely a stand-out in the budget crowd where it's very difficult to come across such tuning.

The E1000 is brilliant, their cheaper sibling the E500 is also remarkably balanced sounding. One slight problem they might have is that consumers buying earphones at that price range might question why the bass isn't boosted.

Final E500.jpg

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #9,128 of 11,644
Just receive my FINAL A8000 loan sample....and I have just 1 thing to say: PHENOMENAL TRANSIENT RESPONSE!

So fast, its like having the speed of TOTL BA and Timbre of TOTL DD.

Imaging and separation are effortless, whole mid range have both transparency and texture (no sign of sibilance too) and treble is sharp, precise, brilliant.

At this price range my mind cannot calculate price value...it's luxury audio heaven tuned by audio god.

20200110_124019.jpg 20200110_123906.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #9,129 of 11,644
Just receive my FINAL A8000 loan sample....and I have just 1 thing to say: PHENOMENAL TRANSIENT RESPONSE!

Imaging and separation are effortless, whole mid range have both transparency and texture (no sign of sibilance too) and treble is sharp, precise, brilliant.

At this price range my mind cannot calculate price value...it's luxury audio heaven tuned by audio god.

Really looking forward to your in-depth impressions in the coming weeks. Do you plan on doing some comparisons between some of the de-facto TOTL stuff, e.g. the Andros, U18T/Tia Trio and the likes?

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #9,130 of 11,644

Have you listened to the FI-BA-SS(T)? I owned a custom version and it was really really good, especially in the upper frequencies. If you are familiar, I’d be interested in your thoughts between the two ...

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #9,132 of 11,644
Really looking forward to your in-depth impressions in the coming weeks. Do you plan on doing some comparisons between some of the de-facto TOTL stuff, e.g. the Andros, U18T/Tia Trio and the likes?

I don't have Andro neither U18T unfortunately....my speciality is under 500$ iem, but I still have DITA Fidelity and Fealty and Rai Penta to compare too...might see if i can get a loan of other TOTL or ask an audiophile friend if he have crazy TOTL iem.

I need to try other eartips with A8000as well, cause it looklike soundstage expend with slightly wider bore eartips in my collection.

Focal Stellia use similar driver tech aka 100% Berylium driver. I will give a listen to them soon. Just for transient response comparison.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #9,133 of 11,644
Have you listened to the FI-BA-SS(T)? I owned a custom version and it was really really good, especially in the upper frequencies. If you are familiar, I’d be interested in your thoughts between the two ...

Nope. Sigh. I wish. Upper range is fabulous with the A8000. Fast, precise but delicate and refined too. No strange resonance or harshness.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #9,134 of 11,644
Nope. Sigh. I wish. Upper range is fabulous with the A8000. Fast, precise but delicate and refined too. No strange resonance or harshness.

I agree. For me this is best of the best IEM. You you like Stax headphones you will like A8000.

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #9,135 of 11,644
I agree. For me this is best of the best IEM. You you like Stax headphones you will like A8000.

I just pluged them in my Xduoo TA-10 through ak4493 XD05plus dac out. Its a tube amp so treble is slightly smoothed in brilliance but still full and realist. Soundstage is very impressive....man, this spacious imaging is so addictive....my WOW face just grow more at every new testing....the bass is deliciously tigh and full bodied. Vocal aren't what i would call lush and thick, but to me the B1 vocal was too warm so i prefer the transparent timbre of those, they are clearer than B1 too and can deal with busy track without drowning.

Well....i guess its logical these are the best Final Audio IEM i try yet. But for those searching super coloured and ''romantic'' sound perhaps this tuning will be too serious and reference like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back