Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #8,941 of 11,643
I listened to the track, with the B1 and others IEMs as well, the E5000, the Sony N3 and the Fearless S8F. Out of my smartphone. Yes, it is very sibilant for 7 seconds (from 1:14 to 1:21), more on the B1 and the Fearless S8F than the others 2, but that is the recording of the song, respectively how the singer sings at that moment. I stopped listening to the B1 after 2 hours today, because I once want to play the burn-in game. With the approx. 30 songs I listened to, I never experienced something that bad, far from it. The most sibilant song I have in my library is "New York Morning" from Elbow. The singer insists on the "S" pretty bad during the whole song. Even with darker sounding IEMs, I hear it. The B1 emphasizes that feeling, yes, but also opens the stage and give instruments room to be sound bigger and well-separated. B1, even after 150 hours "burn-in", will remain a bright sounding IEM. But it's a signature that some of us like. Not everyday, not all the time, but with some records and music genres.

You're completely right, I'm more of a Soundtrack kind of person and usually don't listen to many track w/ Vocals. I agree It has more to do with this specific Track, I've also try it w/ other Vocal tracks and its not as bad as I thought.

Have you try Tip Rolling? For me I have to upsize my usual Tips to get a good comfort Seal & Fit. I don't have many tips to try out at the moment. I felt like B1 has a pretty shallow stem & the LL Stock Tips provide the Best Seal & prevent the edges touching my Ear. B1 isn't as comfortable as the E5000 thats for sure. The KZ Star tip that was mentioned earlier does not work for me, They got uncomfortable after 5 / 10 mins. Do you have wide bore Tips like the Spiral Dots? I'm interested in what kind of changes it does before I order some.

If you have spare Copper Cable I would be interested in hearing how they pair together or if there is any noticable changes.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #8,942 of 11,643
You're completely right, I'm more of a Soundtrack kind of person and usually don't listen to many track w/ Vocals. I agree It has more to do with this specific Track, I've also try it w/ other Vocal tracks and its not as bad as I thought.

Have you try Tip Rolling? For me I have to upsize my usual Tips to get a good comfort Seal & Fit. I don't have many tips to try out at the moment. I felt like B1 has a pretty shallow stem & the LL Stock Tips provide the Best Seal & prevent the edges touching my Ear. B1 isn't as comfortable as the E5000 thats for sure. The KZ Star tip that was mentioned earlier does not work for me, They got uncomfortable after 5 / 10 mins. Do you have wide bore Tips like the Spiral Dots? I'm interested in what kind of changes it does before I order some.

If you have spare Copper Cable I would be interested in hearing how they pair together or if there is any noticable changes.

Thanks
I have some spiral dots tips, but they brighten the sound even more usually. I stick to Final type E tips size S most of time, they allow deep insertion and secure fit. I have a copper cable that I will try later on.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #8,943 of 11,643
I listened to the track, with the B1 and others IEMs as well, the E5000, the Sony N3 and the Fearless S8F. Out of my smartphone. Yes, it is very sibilant for 7 seconds (from 1:14 to 1:21), more on the B1 and the Fearless S8F than the others 2, but that is the recording of the song, respectively how the singer sings at that moment. I stopped listening to the B1 after 2 hours today, because I once want to play the burn-in game. With the approx. 30 songs I listened to, I never experienced something that bad, far from it. The most sibilant song I have in my library is "New York Morning" from Elbow. The singer insists on the "S" pretty bad during the whole song. Even with darker sounding IEMs, I hear it. The B1 emphasizes that feeling, yes, but also opens the stage and give instruments room to sound bigger and well-separated. B1, even after 150 hours "burn-in", will remain a bright sounding IEM. But it's a signature that some of us like. Not everyday, not all the time, but with some records and music genres.

Hi F700,

It sounds like your enjoying your new purchase. I found as I got more time on my B1, two things happened: first, the bass tightened up a little which I think is a good thing; second, the upper range became a bit more relaxed sounding.

Another thing I’ve gotten in the habit of doing is using the cinch even though my B1 is designated for home use. As you know, the B1 has some weight to it being made from stainless steel, and before I used the cinch, I found the B1 would lose its seal over time, the weight likely the culprit. With the cinch employed, this doesn’t happen anymore, even after long listening sessions.

I hope you continue to enjoy your B1 as you listen to all your music. Cheers!

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #8,944 of 11,643
Hi F700,

It sounds like your enjoying your new purchase. I found as I got more time on my B1, two things happened: first, the bass tightened up a little which I think is a good thing; second, the upper range became a bit more relaxed sounding.

Another thing I’ve gotten in the habit of doing is using the cinch even though my B1 is designated for home use. As you know, the B1 has some weight to it being made from stainless steel, and before I used the cinch, I found the B1 would lose its seal over time, the weight likely the culprit. With the cinch employed, this doesn’t happen anymore, even after long listening sessions.

I hope you continue to enjoy your B1 as you listen to all your music. Cheers!
Thanks for your message and advice, much appreciated ! By cinch, what do you mean? Excuse my ignorance, but cinch for me is related to cinch cable... Do you mean the ear hooks?

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #8,946 of 11,643
Thanks for your message and advice, much appreciated ! By cinch, what do you mean? Excuse my ignorance, but cinch for me is related to cinch cable... Do you mean the ear hooks?

My apologies for not being clearer. What I meant is the small plastic part that normally sits at the cable’s Y and can be slid up towards the neck. Normally, this is used when there is cable noise, especially when one is out and about walking or running. I normally never use this cinch, as I call it, but with the B1 and B3 with their nearly 40 gram weight, I find using the cinch keeps the shells in the ears more reliably, thus keeping the seal intact for best performance.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #8,947 of 11,643
My apologies for not being clearer. What I meant is the small plastic part that normally sits at the cable’s Y and can be slid up towards the neck. Normally, this is used when there is cable noise, especially when one is out and about walking or running. I normally never use this cinch, as I call it, but with the B1 and B3 with their nearly 40 gram weight, I find using the cinch keeps the shells in the ears more reliably, thus keeping the seal intact for best performance.
Ah ok, understood. I always use it, even at the office, with all my IEMs. Thanks again.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #8,951 of 11,643
Heaven II owner here! Good to see people out there still listening to heavens :)

The Jaben edition (black with jaben logo on it) has a 'regular' filter i.e. the fuzzy thing at the end, while the stock Final Audio ones have their circular 'balanced air movement'? mechanism with the plastic disc. Is the Jaben edition the one you have?

I think the fuzz is just to protect the plastic disc and prevent earwax goinf in, and that behind the regular filter you'll find the same disc. Reason being that though I havent removed the fuzz to see what's behind it, having owned both the Jaben and regular versions, the sound is very similar, so its unlikely the construction differs.

edit: Also yep sibilance is expected - normal single BA sound sig that might take awhile to get used to, especially if youre coming from dynamics. But with insertion and the E-type tips it really rounds out nicely. Tight, impactful bass. And you'll start to appreciate the details in the upper mids and highs more too.

Welp mine got a regular filter :expressionless:
Is it normal that the heaven II is sibilant? And under the plastic disc is there any regular filter? cause I would like to replicate those discs

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #8,952 of 11,643
I notice some sibilance in heaven II is this normal cause it's getting annoying and also is there supposed to be a plastic disc with a hole instead of a normal filter inside? Thanks

Heaven 2 are a bright earphone, I still have mine but they get next to no use. If you plan to keep them they will need careful EQ to alleviate the sibilance, I tried warm sources like Mojo but it did not help.

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #8,953 of 11,643
I sold my E4000 after missing depth too much, I tried the E5000 after but has the same problem. Its shame because these earphones are great value for money and if it wasnt for the 2D sound I wouldn't have purchased the IE800S again.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #8,954 of 11,643
Hi everyone, long-time lurker and first-time poster.

Am I the only one who feels that the midrange on the E5000 is utterly intoxicating? Most IEMs don't sound so natural in the midrange after getting used to these. If only it had a bit more treble sparkle up-top, I would personally feel no need to buy another high-end IEM again.

unnamed.jpg

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #8,955 of 11,643
Hi everyone, long-time lurker and first-time poster.

Am I the only one who feels that the midrange on the E5000 is utterly intoxicating? Most IEMs don't sound so natural in the midrange after getting used to these. If only it had a bit more treble sparkle up-top, I would personally feel no need to buy another high-end IEM again.

It could have been my words :) happy E5000 owner too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back