Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #6,256 of 11,644
Haha.

I did get the FI-BASS, as a graduation present for my sister.. I did like it a lot though, but for some reason, it didn't sound bass-y enough for me. But it was very nice to listen to.

May 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #6,258 of 11,644
The Final Audio Heaven Series

#1. Heaven II - (Super quick and nimble bass, excellent midrange, soundstage good. overall smooth sound but treble not well extended)

#2. Heaven IV - (Bass extends deeper than H2 but not as quick, More airy treble)

#3. Heaven V -  (Smooth and tonally warm)
       Heaven V Aging - (Dark and organic mids)

#4. Heaven VI - (Outstanding vocals, great instrument separation, vocal centric)

#5. Heaven VII - (Sweet and smooth treble)

#6. Heaven VIII - (Rich mid range and "analogue" sound)

#7. FI-BA-SS - (Unmatched raw emotional sound, can sound very airy with the right music)

#8. LAB I - (3D soundstage, darker than fibass)

#9. LAB II - (3D soundstage with a coherent presentation)

thanks to audio123 for the information

May 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #6,259 of 11,644
#1. Heaven II - (Super quick and nimble bass, excellent midrange, soundstage good. overall smooth sound but treble not well extended)

#2. Heaven IV - (Bass extends deeper than H2 but not as quick, More airy treble)

#3. Heaven V - (review coming soon) 

#4. Heaven VI - (Outstanding vocals, great instrument separation, vocal centric)

#5. Heaven VII - (Sweet and smooth treble)

#6. Heaven VIII - (Rich mid range and "analogue" sound)

#7. FI-BA-SS - (Unmatched raw emotional sound)

#8. LAB I - (3D soundstage, darker than fibass)
Heaven V - Smooth and tonally warm.
Heaven V Aging - Dark and organic mids
LAB II - 3D soundstage with a coherent presentation.

May 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #6,260 of 11,644
Interesting.  I've owned the Aging, but I was under the impression that the difference between it and the regular V was just aesthetics. Were you using the same tips and insertion depth with the same audio chain and tracks?

May 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #6,261 of 11,644
Interesting.  I've owned the Aging, but I was under the impression that the difference between it and the regular V was just aesthetics. Were you using the same tips and insertion depth with the same audio chain and tracks?
yes mate. I always use spinfit for fad iems and same track to test.

May 25, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #6,262 of 11,644
i also thought it was aesthetical only, what are your opinions on the best tips? has anyone tried jvc spiral dots?

the best ones for me at the moment are the RHA double flange but it gets itchy quick so im looking for a good replacement.

May 26, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #6,263 of 11,644
  The new Jays Q Jays are about that size. There is really no point in having the absoluted smallest...there is not gain in ergonomics.

+1 i hope there is more to it than the size.

its all about the fit not how it measures 
wink.gif

May 26, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #6,264 of 11,644
IMO the default tips and Orfoton one works best with my Heaven IV. I also tried Spinfit but it doesn't give me a pleasant fit than the stock one 
confused_face.gif
 i heard that Spinfit has two different versions (depends on where they "made it"), is it true ?

btw which type of default tips do you guys prefer ? (larger/smaller bore)

May 26, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #6,265 of 11,644
  IMO the default tips and Orfoton one works best with my Heaven IV. I also tried Spinfit but it doesn't give me a pleasant fit than the stock one 
confused_face.gif
 i heard that Spinfit has two different versions (depends on where they "made it"), is it true ?

btw which type of default tips do you guys prefer ? (larger/smaller bore)

I have the red Spinfits (not sure which version that is), but they work well for me on all my Final IEM.  Good seal and comfort for me.

May 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #6,269 of 11,644
  I liked SpinFits on my previous IEM. However, they never worked for me on the Heaven V. 
They always slipped out of my ears. Switched to JVC Spiral Dots and extremely happy with them.
But everybody has to try individually what suits him best..

do you spiral dots have a snug fit? i hate when i pull out an iem and the tips are still lodged in my ear.

May 27, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #6,270 of 11,644
yes, they have (for me) - I am using M-Size - absolutely perfect fit!

I was trying some Westone IEMs yesterdays and when removing them exactly your described scenario happened (with their stock tips). Absolutely no-go (besides the muddy sound of the Westones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back