Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #5,491 of 11,644

...glad you like the Heaven's too Bart....

And happy that I choose the V over the IV. the slightly warmer sound of the V is what I was looking for. I have a lon flight next week and the Heaven V will make 12hours in Economy much more enjoyable than it is used to be...

so here is my new (not only-) travel kit:

May 13, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #5,492 of 11,644
Inks, very pleasantly, expertly done and refreshingly opinionated review of the VII!!   I'm glad you didn't Rin-uate the review with any technical mumbo-jumbo especially like "the measurements vs sound quality don't add up"LOL!!   I thought your review was very understandable and nice comment on the price of the V vs the VII.   I'll be getting the James demo soon and will see how I like the size and wt and price vs the Heaven V.

Now about that above pic of James444 testing IEMs, which is his day job.   I apologize for not putting a name to the face, but the truth is that Austrian steroids can do amazing things, look at those rippling muscles that James has!!!  What a buff guy!! Several months ago he sent me this pic of him in the mtns on weekends, being a bit more relaxed and enjoying the mountain air.(by the way, he's very fleet and nimble too!!)

May 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #5,493 of 11,644

And happy that I choose the V over the IV. the slightly warmer sound of the V is what I was looking for. I have a lon flight next week and the Heaven V will make 12hours in Economy much more enjoyable than it is used to be...

so here is my new (not only-) travel kit:

Have you tried the other pair of tips with wider bore? It may surprise you :)

BTW just got a resistor adapter for the Heaven V (75 ohm). It changes the sound pretty significantly. I'm not too familiar with technical terms so it may sounds confusing, but in short the sound is thinner, high-mid and treble is more prominent, bass seems to be more analytical. Definitely not for FAD fan, as it make the sounds more analytical. But since It got rid of the hiss from my amp so I will be keeping it for now. I do miss the sound original one when listening to vocal, but on instrumental song with keyboard, piano or guitar the sounds seems to be clearer (maybe impedance mismatching before?) (I'm using the Heir Rendition 1 for amp and Aune T1 with stock tube FYI)

May 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #5,494 of 11,644
yes, I just put on the wider bore tips. Wow, wow, wow! 

I don't recognize any hiss from my A17, so no need for resistor adaptor (anyhow 75 Ohm might too much for the Sony with his weak amp section).

I just keep what I have now, absolutely happy. I thought I take the Heaven only till I have budget for the JVC FX1200, but I actually think I won't need 
them anymore.

May 13, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #5,495 of 11,644
  yes, I just put on the wider bore tips. Wow, wow, wow! 

I don't recognize any hiss from my A17, so no need for resistor adaptor (anyhow 75 Ohm might too much for the Sony with his weak amp section).

I just keep what I have now, absolutely happy. I thought I take the Heaven only till I have budget for the JVC FX1200, but I actually think I won't need 
them anymore.

Bart, the next thing to try out are different DAP's...I used to have a couple of Sony's and while they sounded fine, I grew
tired of them as they were colder and more sterile than what I wanted....

I moved on (at the same price point) to a Fiio X3....and now I am listening to a Cayin N6 (more money) but the sound
that the Heaven V can produce will surprise you ...and that is just with mp3's.

May 14, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #5,497 of 11,644
  Bart, the next thing to try out are different DAP's...I used to have a couple of Sony's and while they sounded fine, I grew
tired of them as they were colder and more sterile than what I wanted....

I moved on (at the same price point) to a Fiio X3....and now I am listening to a Cayin N6 (more money) but the sound
that the Heaven V can produce will surprise you ...and that is just with mp3's.

Well, for the time being I am happy. I am not uninterested in the AK Jr. but would like to see the new iBasso which is coming later this year...

May 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #5,499 of 11,644

Well, for the time being I am happy. I am not uninterested in the AK Jr. but would like to see the new iBasso which is coming later this year...

A bit off-topic but are you talking about the DX200? Mind sharing some info on it?

FAD Just dropped a press release on some new full-sized headphones! The Sonorous VIII and Sonorous X, these look like fully dynamic as opposed to hybrid BA/Dynamic designs. Hopefully that means they are a bit cheaper.

By the looks of it I doubt it will be cheap, they seems to to replace the Pandora Hope VIII and X, and the X is supposed to be ~3000$, so the VIII being ~1000$ range is pretty likely I think. But I still wonder how did they manage to keep the impedance so low on every single headphone?

May 14, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #5,500 of 11,644

A bit off-topic but are you talking about the DX200? Mind sharing some info on it?

I do not know anything about it. I only heard something new from iBasso is expected. Before I got my A17 is was tempted by DX50/90. But I just couldn't stand the ridiculous UI, the display poor display which seems to be from 20years ago and the poor battery life. If they could fix these issues and add a second Mircro-SD slot (or some bigger internal memory) I might get it as Home DAP. The Sony will remain for travelling and communting due to its size!

May 14, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #5,501 of 11,644
I've heard some or one of the headphones that final audio design is about to release are about $8000, no kidding.
That's sad news for me... :frowning2:

May 14, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #5,502 of 11,644
Son of Muramasa?

May 14, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #5,503 of 11,644
But will they be as hard on the neck muscles?

May 14, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #5,504 of 11,644

With the explosion of all these new DAPs, it looks like we, the users, are going to really benefit by these new toys. The quality (look and feel) is taking a leap

forward and we are getting more for our bucks...

May 14, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #5,505 of 11,644
Forget i
  Try get the JVC Spiral Dots. It may be different. To my ears, it's quite pleasant.

Forget the Spirals: I just put the SpinFit tips which I had before on my ATH-IM50.
Nice improvement in sound signature and comfort!

btw: My Heaven V in real don't look as black as on the pictures on the FAD website or on the box. It's more gunmetal I would say.
Had expected them to be more black actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back