Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #4,756 of 11,643
+1 on the Heaven V (non-Aging). I will post a review when I have had more time with them.

They're going with me on a week-long business trip to Beijing...

And yes, I picked them up from Amazon.jp (I had them send them to my hotel when I was over there for a short vacation).

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #4,757 of 11,643
Today, I went for a short audition session of the FAD Heaven VII at my local store. I like the built and looks.
However, it keeps sliding downwards out of my ears and am unable to get a good seal despite trying out with different tips at the store.

Any tips to recommend as I intend to go for another round of testing. Thank you.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #4,760 of 11,643
+1 on the Heaven V (non-Aging). I will post a review when I have had more time with them.

They're going with me on a week-long business trip to Beijing...

And yes, I picked them up from Amazon.jp (I had them send them to my hotel when I was over there for a short vacation).

Cool. I don't find much Heaven V review, so any thought is appreciated. I found them 220$ at Amazon US, though all of which are imported from Japan, so I'm rather worried of the product origin. Wonder if anyone has ever ordered from there?

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #4,761 of 11,643

Cool. I don't find much Heaven V review, so any thought is appreciated. I found them 220$ at Amazon US, though all of which are imported from Japan, so I'm rather worried of the product origin. Wonder if anyone has ever ordered from there?

V Aging is $170 on Amazon Japan right now.  V is slightly more.  Sign up for Tenso forwarding and total cost should be around $190 shipped to your door.  They both sound pretty much the same and is a good value at that price.  

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #4,762 of 11,643
Tbh I find the V (non-aging) pretty amazing, more so than the VI. Especially for the price

I have the fi-ba-ss, and while I find them incredible , especially the sub bass impact and the incredible instrument separation ( really the best instrument separation and imaging I have ever heard, better than the heaven vi and grado gr10, Ortofon eq7 and 8). The highs though are really untamed and can be very sibilant at times and kind of put me off these a bit. I wondered how anybody on here could compare the fi-ba-ss to the heaven v, or even if you have not heard the fi-ba-sis how do you find the instrument separation and imaging of the heaven v . I've owned the heaven iv and vi and didn't find them particularly comparable to the fi-ba-ss.

Thanks

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #4,765 of 11,643
Just pull the trigger and ordered the Heaven V. Should took 2 weeks to get my hands on it. These are my first mid range phones, not to mention a FAD so I don't really know what to expect. Let see if they sounds as good as they look 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #4,766 of 11,643
  Just pull the trigger and ordered the Heaven V. Should took 2 weeks to get my hands on it. These are my first mid range phones, not to mention a FAD so I don't really know what to expect. Let see if they sounds as good as they look 
smily_headphones1.gif

First trying balanced-armature as well?

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #4,767 of 11,643
  First trying balanced-armature as well?

Actually I have heard some Sony Hybrid at the store, the XBA H1 and H2. While the dynamic part did a good job with the bass, the BA characteristic is nowhere to be found here, much to my disappointment, so this is my first time trying an BA only phones. I'm no basshead by any means, so I think BA will do me just fine, though some tightness in the low region is welcome.

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #4,769 of 11,643
Actually I have heard some Sony Hybrid at the store, the XBA H1 and H2. While the dynamic part did a good job with the bass, the BA characteristic is nowhere to be found here, much to my disappointment, so this is my first time trying an BA only phones. I'm no basshead by any means, so I think BA will do me just fine, though some tightness in the low region is welcome.

I suspect you'll be surprised in general. Hopefully pleasantly.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #4,770 of 11,643
  How come FAD doesn't have any information on their own website about the newly released heaven vii and viii? All I can see is a link to buy these from some swiss website.

I'm not exactly sure when the rollout will occur, but from my understanding, it seems that the Heaven 7 & 8 should be in some sort of a pre-production/ production stage right now, and will probably be prepped for a release anytime from end Nov. to Dec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back