Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,841 of 11,644
So I received my PF VIII and am surprised to have found an in ear that sounds more expansive than the IE8.  The euphonic quality reminds me of one of my favorite full size phones: the W5000.  Unfortunately these are extremely revealing of my mediocre sources- way more than any of the TOTL phones I've owned/heard.  I'll keep fooling around but these may not be keepers....

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #3,843 of 11,644
And the frenzy of "should I keep or should I let it go, sometimes it's so weird sometimes it so magnificent" starts again.... Lel.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #3,844 of 11,644
I can get the Heaven IV from Jaben including shipping for $218.56 and the Heaven V FI-HESBSB from BuySmart for $247.15 total and maybe a used IV for under $200 from an "underground man" in China whose name is Harry!LOL!

Would I really miss anything by getting the IV over the V, I mean, after listening to my AS2 and going back to the 7550 I can hear sibilance(when I couldn't before).   I can also hear a difference in sound between Eke's clean and modern smart home and his old antebellum mansion, though I prefer the sound(and look) of his new girlfriend:  Southern Belle
wink_face.gif

thanks in advance!
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #3,845 of 11,644
  I can get the Heaven IV from Jaben including shipping for $218.56 and the Heaven V FI-HESBSB from BuySmart for $247.15 total and maybe a used IV for under $200 from an "underground man" in China whose name is Harry!LOL!

Would I really miss anything by getting the IV over the V, I mean, after listening to my AS2 and going back to the 7550 I can hear sibilance(when I couldn't before).   I can also hear a difference in sound between Eke's clean and modern smart home and his old antebellum mansion, though I prefer the sound(and look) of his new girlfriend:  Southern Belle
wink_face.gif

thanks in advance!
beerchug.gif

Why not buy Heaven IV from BuySmartJapan as well? It'll be about 162$ shipped.

If you can afford V, go with it. Otherwise, IV is a fantastic IEM too.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #3,846 of 11,644
Thanks Ben!   Hope you knew I was just playing about Eke.   I absolutely love the guy, his reviews are spot on and very imaginative!   Plus, he's an AS2, ASG-2 fan like me!!LOL!!

So is there one or two things that make the V noticably diffferent than the IV???   Thanks for the price quote too!!

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3,847 of 11,644

wink_face.gif

thanks in advance!
beerchug.gif

Actually Heaven series improves very subtly to my ears, from 2 to 4, 5, 5 age, and 6. Well, the basic permanent EQ and echo are there too. It's just that the flavor could be a little bit different, where 4 is loud and sharper, 5 is clear and somehow more controlled, and 6 is lush and has good amount of bass (with that reverb lol). So, if price isn't a difference, pick your signature and look!

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3,848 of 11,644
From MuppetFace's review of the Heaven V on musicaacoustics.com

Quote:
To help put this into context, the Heaven IV sounds relatively linear by FAD’s standards and, like their other stainless steel earphones (even the Piano Forte IX in a relative sense), a bit thinner than its brethren. “Purity” is the operative word here. In comparison the use of chrome copper on earphones such as the Heaven VI seems to result in a somewhat thicker, more lush and “romantic” sound. Which brings us back around to the Heaven V and its shaved brass housing. There’s a certain energetic quality present among the brass units, a liveliness that is captured here and makes itself known above and beyond the more sedate Heaven IV. Vocals pop. Highs shimmer.

In terms of bass response, I don’t hear the Heaven V as particularly heavy or elevated. It’s about on par with the Heaven IV in terms of quantity but somewhat punchier in execution; tight and well-controlled if a bit modest.

The same holds true with regard to imaging: simply put, the Heaven V and Heaven VI are imaging champs. Instruments are clearly defined in space around the listener, convincingly solid entities with extension and heft. This is perhaps the biggest reason I would choose the Heaven V over the Heaven IV. The field of sound on the latter is less three-dimensional and more flat, more compressed; the Heaven V by comparison does a better job making one feel as if he or she were “there.” On their website FAD mentions that the Heaven V was tuned with live music in mind, and it would seem they’ve succeeded in their objective, as the earphones do a particularly admirable job with live material. The rendered stage isn’t overly expansive but rather more moderate. Within that space however the presentation is very holographic, and while I wouldn’t characterize the sound of the Heaven series in general as particularly airy, on the Heaven V instruments have a satisfying sense of air between them in my opinion. The sound is immediate without being claustrophobic, open but not cavernous.

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #3,849 of 11,644
Ben, Autumnholy, Akarise and a special thanks to EricP(who paved the way for me initially)  the $$ will be going down on the V!!
Thanks folks for your time and expertise!!   Hope I can return the favor one day!!  Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,850 of 11,644
You should thank MuppetFace for that great review, not me haha. But enjoy your new Heaven V! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3,852 of 11,644
Ben, Autumnholy, Akarise and a special thanks to EricP(who paved the way for me initially)  the $$ will be going down on the V!!
Thanks folks for your time and expertise!!   Hope I can return the favor one day!!  Cheers! :beerchug:  

Yeah Muppetface seems to be the FAD EXPERT in these parts. I've told you what I've heard. But you're welcome just the same.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #3,853 of 11,644

I think I may well be off that rocker too, cause obviously I'm the only one here who actually likes the design.
ph34r.gif

Nope, you're not alone James. I for one like it as well.

Between these and the new AKR02... FAD away, Romy-dearest!

Edit: I've got a set on its way. Is this supposed to be their new flagship BA? It was more expensive than the FI-BA-SS! Yikes...

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #3,854 of 11,644
What genre or songs should be played or best fitted for Heaven VI. I enjoy this gear so much but the bass is not that quite strong compared to Adagio III.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #3,855 of 11,644

Nope, you're not alone James. I for one like it as well.

Between these and the new AKR02... FAD away, Romy-dearest!

Edit: I've got a set on its way. Is this supposed to be their new flagship BA? It was more expensive than the FI-BA-SS! Yikes...

Let the reviewgate starts! Really wonder how those two full-ranged BA would sound.

What genre or songs should be played or best fitted for Heaven VI. I enjoy this gear so much but the bass is not that quite strong compared to Adagio III.

Nah, just enjoy your own favourites will do. If you must, personally I feel anything vocal is sweet and juicy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back