Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #3,586 of 11,644
Mr.BenF seem like you are Big fan of heaven IV, have you ever listen to Heaven VI before ?
confused.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #3,588 of 11,644
Heaven II sounds thin without proper amplification, give it some juice and they are great. For portable use a JDS Labs C5D is great with the lower of the 2 bass boosts on.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #3,590 of 11,644
should work fine, they do pair better with an amp, as do all Heaven Series.

Also the E6 has bass boost, the Heaven II handle a little boost very well.

To be honest i prefer the Heaven II to my Westone UM Pro30, the UM Pro30 is good but too dark, the Heaven II is detailed and balanced.

Jan 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #3,592 of 11,644
  Heaven II sounds thin without proper amplification, give it some juice and they are great. For portable use a JDS Labs C5D is great with the lower of the 2 bass boosts on.

I've tried Heaven II with FIIO E12 and NFB-11.32 - doesn't sound anywhere nearly as good as Heaven IV

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #3,593 of 11,644
Personally, I prefer the Heaven II over the Heaven IV. The Heaven IV has a lusher, more full-bodied presentation, but the Heaven II is cleaner and still preserves the soundstage essence of FAD. The Heaven IV doesn't have enough clarity.

If it's the Heaven V, then I'd say the Heaven V has a leg up over the II in terms of body and presentation, but I used to own the Heaven IV, and the IV just isn't a great representative of the FAD line IMHO. If I were FAD, I'd just get rid of the Heaven IV (they can still profit from the ARK01).

I really like this new Molex BA.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #3,594 of 11,644
  Personally, I prefer the Heaven II over the Heaven IV. The Heaven IV has a lusher, more full-bodied presentation, but the Heaven II is cleaner and still preserves the soundstage essence of FAD. The Heaven IV doesn't have enough clarity.

If it's the Heaven V, then I'd say the Heaven V has a leg up over the II in terms of body and presentation, but I used to own the Heaven IV, and the IV just isn't a great representative of the FAD line IMHO. If I were FAD, I'd just get rid of the Heaven IV (they can still profit from the ARK01).

I really like this new Molex BA.

Heaven IV lacks clarity? IMHO, it's 85-90% up there with Heaven VI.
Could it be you used narrow eartips with Heaven IV (the ones preinstalled)? They do reduce clarity and soundstage, at least for me.
Switching to the wide bore ones made a huge difference for me.

Also, Heaven IV may not have as much mid-frequency magic as Heaven VI, but Heaven II has none at all.
If I would listen to Heaven II without being told it's a FAD, I would have never guessed it.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3,596 of 11,644
  Wonder how the Heaven IV compares to something like the Dunu DN-1000.

Heaven IV and VI are all about the magical mids, which only RE-262 can compare to.
If you are looking for the best technical performance, look elsewhere.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #3,597 of 11,644
Heaven IV lacks clarity? IMHO, it's 85-90% up there with Heaven VI.
Could it be you used narrow eartips with Heaven IV (the ones preinstalled)? They do reduce clarity and soundstage, at least for me.
Switching to the wide bore ones made a huge difference for me.

Also, Heaven IV may not have as much mid-frequency magic as Heaven VI, but Heaven II has none at all.
If I would listen to Heaven II without being told it's a FAD, I would have never guessed it.

I haven't heard the Heaven VI, so I can't comment. I used both types of ear tips with the IV, including third party tips. I was never impressed with the IV's clarity and sense of transparency. The Heaven V and II feel better in that regard, to me, at least. My least favorite FAD models are: Adagio II, Piano Forte VIII, and Heaven IV.

The Heaven II is indeed thinner than the rest of the herd, but it definitely still has a likeable sound, and I like how it's largely neutral with the bass, being bass light most of the time, but can belt out the bass when called for.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #3,598 of 11,644

Heaven IV and VI are all about the magical mids, which only RE-262 can compare to.
If you are looking for the best technical performance, look elsewhere.

I'm not sure which headphone your comment is aimed at but in my opinion properly driven the Heaven VI is a superb IEM that has no major technical defects. (The bass could be better controlled; that is the limitation of the single BA; excellent amplification is the best remedy.) To my taste the Heaven Vi is the best BA IEM that I have heard - better than the Westone ES5 which is a very well regarded multi-BA custom IEM, better than the Fitear TG334, the list goes on and on...

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,599 of 11,644
The Heaven II is indeed thinner than the rest of the herd, but it definitely still has a likeable sound, and I like how it's largely neutral with the bass, being bass light most of the time, but can belt out the bass when called for.

I guess we like different sound signatures, mine being more of a typical FAD sound - lush mids with impactful bass.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #3,600 of 11,644

I'm not sure which headphone your comment is aimed at but in my opinion properly driven the Heaven VI is a superb IEM that has no major technical defects. (The bass could be better controlled; that is the limitation of the single BA; excellent amplification is the best remedy.) To my taste the Heaven Vi is the best BA IEM that I have heard - better than the Westone ES5 which is a very well regarded multi-BA custom IEM, better than the Fitear TG334, the list goes on and on...

I meant that comparing FAD IEMs to others isn't a very good idea. People like FAD for what it is, regardless of everything else.
Brainwavz B2 is technically superior to Heaven IV, but I never listen to it - don't like the analytical sound.
If someone isn't into FAD's signature sound - they will be better off looking somewhere else for their next purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back