Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 18, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #10,876 of 11,661
They go loud but not LOUD :smile: My phone had 30 volume steps and I’m around 27/28, so not a lot of room left, but that’s plenty loud and 30 is almost unbearable.
Battery life is rated at 7 hours for the buds, I use them for workouts so never more than 2 hours at a time before they go back in the tiny charging case. My phone gives an approx. rate for the battery of connected BT things and it goes down slowly so I think the official specs are pretty accurate.
They do aptX Adaptive which is a wonderful codec, basically aptX HD optimized for stability with no penalty to sound quality. Your Qudelix supports it as a receiver, question is, does your phone as a transmitter? The ZE3000 also support AAC and vanilla aptX.

yeah, I forgot to point out the benefit of aptX Adaptive in my review. Besides what you mentioned, Adaptive also is low latency, so watching videos or gaming should be no problem.

Feb 18, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #10,877 of 11,661

EASYTIPS SS20 on E5000

IMG-20220219-112632.jpg

E5000 with SS20 Tips (Size: SS)

SS20 VS TYPE-E

IMG-20220219-114720.jpg
IMG-20220219-114751.jpg

Physical Differences
The opening of the SS20 is much larger
The SS20 tips have a much shorter stem
The material of the SS20 feels more flexible

Sound
Reduces bass and increases treble. The soundstage also has more depth and height.

It is not rocket science. Having a shorter stem reduces the travel distance and allows the sound to exit quickly, which reduces the impact of audio frequencies and soundstage being affected by the ear tips. Having a larger opening on the ear tips also helps with those factors.

Conclusion
Honestly, the Type E ear tips don't do the E5000 justice. Synergy is superb with the SS20 ear tips, and the overall presentation is more energetic with a more 3D and spacious soundstage. You wouldn't want to put back the stock ear tips ever again. These weren't expensive, and I got them for around $6. For anyone interested, I highly recommend giving these a shot.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #10,878 of 11,661
I have a chance to try Final ZE3000 at a local hifi store today. I listen to them directly from an iPhone over AAC (not an ideal configuration).

Here are some impressions:
  • The whole package is surprisingly light. Lighter than my AirPods Pro for sure.
  • Case and ear pieces are well constructed.
  • The part facing your ears looks and feel like Final A and B series IEMs.
  • Final puts touch control on the face of the ear pieces, which is not an ideal design IMHO. The music keeps stopping and starting when I try to adjust the earpieces.
  • The tuning is very similar to E3000: full bodied sound, smooth high, minimal masking so you can easily hear the upper extension "air"
  • Technicality is closer to A4000: the notes are sharp and detailed.
  • Bass seems to decay faster than E3000 (i.e., similarly to A4000), so the overall sound feels a bit "cleaner"
  • Soundstage and imaging is as you expect: mixed between the layering of E3000 with the transparent feeling of A4000
In overall, I think Final was not joking when they say they want to improve the E3000, not just making a TWS. If you love E3000 but want the improved drivers of A series, this might be the one for you. I was very tempted to get one and review but I have an AirPods Pro gifted by my wife and I have been neglecting it. Better keep the missus happy.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #10,879 of 11,661
Just asking, which is actually a better upgrade (in terms of tonality) from Heaven II? (have the DIY version, not sure how different it is to normal and Jaben ver), Heaven V Aging Brass or heaven VIII? Just popped the damn thing in after months not using it just to play it with my new 1A and I'm again reminded why I like These older final models.

Mar 1, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #10,880 of 11,661
Just asking, which is actually a better upgrade (in terms of tonality) from Heaven II? (have the DIY version, not sure how different it is to normal and Jaben ver), Heaven V Aging Brass or heaven VIII? Just popped the damn thing in after months not using it just to play it with my new 1A and I'm again reminded why I like These older final models.
I would say go with Heaven V- the VIII sounds super warm and muddy.
Heaven V, VI and VII all sound better (although VI is quite warm too, but it's not muddy).

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #10,882 of 11,661
I'd say I'm not too averse to warm and smooth sig, I'm mostly concerned on whether either one have the better upper mids, as for me thats what make the Heaven II special.

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #10,883 of 11,661
I'd say I'm not too averse to warm and smooth sig, I'm mostly concerned on whether either one have the better upper mids, as for me thats what make the Heaven II special.
Heaven V for sure.

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #10,884 of 11,661
I continue to be amazed by the PF VIII. Given the right music it delivers better than any of my other phones
I know it's been years, but how do you think it fares against IER Z1R today? If it even still in yiur possession... If not just some thoughts about the matter is appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #10,885 of 11,661
I know it's been years, but how do you think it fares against IER Z1R today? If it even still in yiur possession... If not just some thoughts about the matter is appreciated.

Completely different sound and presentation from the PF VIII. These are not full spectrum tuned like the IER Z1R, but rather all about mids. Very restrained lows and highs. I use a distinctly u-shaped EQ when listening to them. However, Final's 16mm driver from many years ago is still among the most resolving DDs I've heard until today. Simply marvelous with vocals, you can hear every small nuance. And the fully open design creates a huge soundstage, larger and more open than pretty much all sealing IEMs.

I still use my PF VIII on a regular basis with classical, jazz and acoustic music, with which it performs best imo. I wouldn't use these for rock, pop or electronic music though.

Mar 4, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #10,886 of 11,661
Yeah and that's what I like about old Final Audio, they are more specialized than even Audio Technica but they have very unique tuning because of it, the mids is what make me fall in love with Final, so that's comforting. Thanks for the input it piques me even more, tho I'm still interested on Heaven's V/VIII form factor more. The sample I have of PFVIII put it as the pricier of the two as well.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #10,890 of 11,661
Hi, I use it with a Plenue PM2 and A4000 sounds wonderful to my likings, no power hungry, better paired with warm sources, since tends to be on the bright side. But I love it.
Btw, anyone tried a balanced cable? Whats your impression?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back