Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #10,306 of 11,654
I'd love to help you my friend, but I am afraid I simply don't have enough knowledge about IEM in that price range to make any meaningful recommendation. But how about this: if cost isn't a concern maybe you can try E4000 with its filters/foams removed or punched (to reduce bass), its air hole taped (to reduce bass), with spin-fit eartip (to reduce bass) and with some bass light cable. Don't quote me on this, but the hope is to reduce E4000 bass to the level of E500, while maintaining the flexibility of cable swapping (to get the right treble texture you want.)
Hmm, is it also possible to reduce the bass of the E3000 with these mods?

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #10,307 of 11,654
Hmm, is it also possible to reduce the bass of the E3000 with these mods?
Possible, but you still gotta deal with that crappy cable of E3000's.

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #10,308 of 11,654
Possible, but you still gotta deal with that crappy cable of E3000's.
How do I reduce the bass on the E3000, without making the highs too sharp? I’ve tried punching the nozzle filter in the front, and while this did reduce the bass, it made it unbearably bright for me.

Had to put a certain amount of micropore tape and acoustic foam to make it bearable, but this made the bass emphasis like stock.

Or is there another way to reduce it?

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #10,309 of 11,654
How do I reduce the bass on the E3000, without making the highs too sharp? I’ve tried punching the nozzle filter in the front, and while this did reduce the bass, it made it unbearably bright for me.

Had to put a certain amount of micropore tape and acoustic foam to make it bearable, but this made the bass emphasis like stock.

Don't you bring the mids up? It sounds like you are perceiving V-shaped for your taste. If you don't like much bass, why don't you go with something like ER2SE? It doesn't seem to have much treble. If you are in the US, a website has been slashing Ety prices.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #10,310 of 11,654

The hole you punched may just be too large. Playing with filters is a very delicate task. You may want to get a set of the MAKE filters and play with it.

Finals tutorial for MAKE3 summarizes the relative effects very well:
1. Effect of filter on the sound bore; less dense filter = more treble, less bass; more dense filter = less mids.
2. Effect of filter on the air hole (or behind the driver if you have access to that). The effect demonstrated here is very marginal because you really want to tape it up if you want to reduce air flow. No filters are dense enough.
3. Effect of foam in the sound bore, easy to understand. It is similar to how we used to add foam cushion on earbuds

Did you try playing with eartips? Anyway, if you find yourself spending too much time on E3000 but not on the music, then they might just not be right earphones for you...

696_ext_61_3.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #10,311 of 11,654

For me at least, I found 2 ways to lower the midbass quantity of the E3000:

1) Use wider bore silicone eartips - YMMV as we have different ear anatomies. The stock black Final E tips that come with the E3000 are not the best pairing IMHO, they tame the treble too much and the E3000 is already borderline darkish in the treble.

2) Use a brighter source. Warm sources don't do well the with E3000 IMHO, they make the bass even more muddy.

Dec 6, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #10,312 of 11,654
Think this was still not posted. Sadly there is no comparison to VR3000. I am mostly waiting for comparison to see how different will those new models be in comparison to VR3000.

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #10,313 of 11,654
where can we buy final audio mmcx assist in US?

Dec 6, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #10,314 of 11,654
where can we buy final audio mmcx assist in US?
I haven't been able to find it for sale in the US, but I ordered mine from mtmt audio and it arrived in less than a week.

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #10,316 of 11,654
The hole you punched may just be too large. Playing with filters is a very delicate task. You may want to get a set of the MAKE filters and play with it.

Finals tutorial for MAKE3 summarizes the relative effects very well:
1. Effect of filter on the sound bore; less dense filter = more treble, less bass; more dense filter = less mids.
2. Effect of filter on the air hole (or behind the driver if you have access to that). The effect demonstrated here is very marginal because you really want to tape it up if you want to reduce air flow. No filters are dense enough.
3. Effect of foam in the sound bore, easy to understand. It is similar to how we used to add foam cushion on earbuds

Did you try playing with eartips? Anyway, if you find yourself spending too much time on E3000 but not on the music, then they might just not be right earphones for you...

696_ext_61_3.jpg

There has been report that the filter on E4000 is likely the MAKE A8 filter. Not sure about other models in the E series.
https://matsuri.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/wm/1585646634/

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #10,319 of 11,654
Just posting this on here as well.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.37.10 AM.png

Well... here we go guys! The Final x DITA collab is here.

It's going to cost about US$2865.

Pre-orders starts now in Japan, but not sure elsewhere.
It'll be on sale on Feb 2021, and will be limited to 500 units.

Specs are as follows

Housing: Stainless Steel
Finish: Roiro Mirror Finish/Roiro Urushi Laquered Hemp Leaf Pattern
Driver: Dynamic Type (True Beryllium Driver Gen.SK)
Cable: OSLO Cable Gen.SK
Connector: MMCX
Sensitivity: 99dB / mw
Impedance: 16Ω
Weight: 47g
Cord Length: 1.2m

You can have more of a read here: https://snext-final.com/news/detail/id=1031 (Just use Google Translate lol)

It just looks amazing!

I knew they were still gonna use Be DD but with internal wirings done by DITA.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #10,320 of 11,654
I parked my E5000 for about a week as was obsessed with my more recent purchase of the Midisz MS4. I switched back to the E5000 then yesterday and initially didn't like the transition from the MS4 - they felt too muddy and relaxed, really missing the mids from the MS4. I persevered though for about 30 minutes and loved them again! As I'm new to this hobby/addiction of various IEMs, I'm guessing that it's normal when switching between very different sound signatures that it can take a bit to acusstomise? For a few minutes, I was even considering parting company with the E5000!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back