Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 29, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #8,028 of 11,642
What’s your take on the E5000 vs XBA-N3AP?
My E5000 has only hit 50 hours while Final recommends 150 - 200 hours to get the best sound, so my impressions now may not be correct. Anyway I tried a A/ B with Mojo:

Sound:

Both has fast and clean bass. E5000 sounds more bassy due to laid back treble. I feel N3AP hits slightly harder while E5000 extends slightly lower, though I'm not very sure about it due to the short testing time. The bass of E5000 sounds more natural to me, I like it.

N3AP has more treble presence and sounds more airy. It has more sparkle, but sounds smooth, and has good high end extension. I thinks it's one of the very good treble performances I've experienced at this price range. Meanwhile E5000 has more relaxed treble.

I feel N3AP has a tuning that would please most people, while E5000 is more like HD 650, you either love it or hate it. Personally I love it. But what's really special about E5000 is the cohesiveness of sound. Listen to the song "Helplessly Hoping" by Crosby, Stills & Nash and you know what I mean. The vocals are so nicely placed together and it's really mesmerizing. Magical, really. It's really easy to get lost and immerse yourself in music when listening to E5000; in fact, it pretty hard not to!

Comfort & Isolation:

Both are very comfortable with stock tips. Strangely, N3AP feels very uncomfortable with Comply tips (which are my go to tips for all my IEMs expect these 2). E5000 with Comply tips are OK, but I still prefer the stock tips.

I feel N3AP isolates better, but I only use these IEMs indoors so can't really comment on it.

Cable & Case:

Both are microphonic. E5000 definitely has a higher quality cable, very premium feel. But N3AP has a softer cable that's more comfortable for everyday use.

Both have a nicely made case. E5000's looks better and is more compact, but N3AP's takes less time to put your IEMs in.

I'm pretty new to dynamic IEMs so take my impressions with a grain of salt. But my experience with E5000 is really good, definitely not the same with BA drivers, which makes me want to try higher end dynamic IEMs.

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #8,032 of 11,642
My E5000 has only hit 50 hours while Final recommends 150 - 200 hours to get the best sound, so my impressions now may not be correct. Anyway I tried a A/ B with Mojo:

Sound:

Both has fast and clean bass. E5000 sounds more bassy due to laid back treble. I feel N3AP hits slightly harder while E5000 extends slightly lower, though I'm not very sure about it due to the short testing time. The bass of E5000 sounds more natural to me, I like it.

N3AP has more treble presence and sounds more airy. It has more sparkle, but sounds smooth, and has good high end extension. I thinks it's one of the very good treble performances I've experienced at this price range. Meanwhile E5000 has more relaxed treble.

I feel N3AP has a tuning that would please most people, while E5000 is more like HD 650, you either love it or hate it. Personally I love it. But what's really special about E5000 is the cohesiveness of sound. Listen to the song "Helplessly Hoping" by Crosby, Stills & Nash and you know what I mean. The vocals are so nicely placed together and it's really mesmerizing. Magical, really. It's really easy to get lost and immerse yourself in music when listening to E5000; in fact, it pretty hard not to!

Comfort & Isolation:

Both are very comfortable with stock tips. Strangely, N3AP feels very uncomfortable with Comply tips (which are my go to tips for all my IEMs expect these 2). E5000 with Comply tips are OK, but I still prefer the stock tips.

I feel N3AP isolates better, but I only use these IEMs indoors so can't really comment on it.

Cable & Case:

Both are microphonic. E5000 definitely has a higher quality cable, very premium feel. But N3AP has a softer cable that's more comfortable for everyday use.

Both have a nicely made case. E5000's looks better and is more compact, but N3AP's takes less time to put your IEMs in.

I'm pretty new to dynamic IEMs so take my impressions with a grain of salt. But my experience with E5000 is really good, definitely not the same with BA drivers, which makes me want to try higher end dynamic IEMs.
Thanks a lot for going in-depth like that, it’s super useful for me. There are other people in the N3AP thread clamoring for that same comparison btw!

The Sony seem like great, accessible all-rounders, like RHA’s T20; the Final interest me more, everybody describes them as very special iems. So intriguing.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #8,033 of 11,642
Thanks a lot for going in-depth like that, it’s super useful for me. There are other people in the N3AP thread clamoring for that same comparison btw!

The Sony seem like great, accessible all-rounders, like RHA’s T20; the Final interest me more, everybody describes them as very special iems. So intriguing.
No problem. I wasn't planning writing so much but as I wrote how good the E5000 is I couldn't stop myself lol.. Guess I really like them.

Oh by the way, if you're to use it with mobile phones, E5000 is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to drive than N3AP. With N3AP I set the volume of Mojo to 4 clicks, but with E5000 I need to set it to 16.

And I forgot to mention, even though both are comfortable to me, E5000 is still wins by a margin, probably because it's smaller and it doesn't seal as properly as N3AP. Hope that helps. Good luck with your purchase!

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #8,034 of 11,642
No problem. I wasn't planning writing so much but as I wrote how good the E5000 is I couldn't stop myself lol.. Guess I really like them.

Oh by the way, if you're to use it with mobile phones, E5000 is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to drive than N3AP. With N3AP I set the volume of Mojo to 4 clicks, but with E5000 I need to set it to 16.

And I forgot to mention, even though both are comfortable to me, E5000 is still wins by a margin, probably because it's smaller and it doesn't seal as properly as N3AP. Hope that helps. Good luck with your purchase!
Thanks for the additional info! I'd be feeding them from an LG V30 phone or the ES100 BT receiver, both should drive the E5000 all loud and fine :ksc75smile:

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #8,035 of 11,642
Has anyone compared the E and F series? Differences? Target audience for each?

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #8,036 of 11,642
I've had the E5000 for a couple of weeks now and have had my ups and downs with them. Sometimes they're just effortlessly enjoyable (e.g listening to Boards of Canada and the Stooges on the train this morning), but sometimes that thiccccccness becomes viscous, flattening things out and killing dynamics. They are unable to make any sense of 'Jellybelly' by the Smashing Pumpkins (ALAC file) - I'd rather listen to this track on my old Marshall Modes (an underrated IEM).

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #8,037 of 11,642
It is ready! My review on E5000 from Final Audio :)

You'll instantly fall in love with this one, an amazing IEM in every way possible, master of all, natural, thick, lush and really dynamic :) I invite you to read more in the full article :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/11/final-e5000-thick-sound-delight.html

Final-Audio-E5000-E-5000-FinalE5000-IEMs-Earphones-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-50.jpg

Final-Audio-E5000-E-5000-FinalE5000-IEMs-Earphones-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-33.jpg

Final-Audio-E5000-E-5000-FinalE5000-IEMs-Earphones-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-39.jpg

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #8,038 of 11,642
If I want to use my phone, which would be better - e4000 or e5000?

iPhone X drives the e4000 plenty loud. I was surprised because some reviews say you have to have an amp. You don't, with this phone at least.

I do have a couple amps (fiio, Topping) but can't swear I hear a difference. Only had these e4000s for a month though so haven't done much ABing. BTW, Wirecutter rated these best earbuds for those who value bass last month (Campfire is top if bass isn't as important).

They are amazingly good.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #8,039 of 11,642
iPhone X drives the e4000 plenty loud. I was surprised because some reviews say you have to have an amp. You don't, with this phone at least.

I do have a couple amps (fiio, Topping) but can't swear I hear a difference. Only had these e4000s for a month though so haven't done much ABing. BTW, Wirecutter rated these best earbuds for those who value bass last month (Campfire is top if bass isn't as important).

They are amazingly good.

Don't have an iPhone haha. Still good to know so thanks for sharing!

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #8,040 of 11,642

They are amazingly good.

AFAIK, you're not using iPhone X, you're using whatever DAC/AMP tingy dongle they included with it. In this aspect, even HIDIZS Sonata HD DAC can drive them for 30 USD, but straight out the headphone jack of most smartphones, they are too quiet and don't reach the quality they should be reaching :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back