Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #6,797 of 11,642
FI-BA-SS imo, didnt rate the LAB 1 at all tbh

Can't agreed more! Even multiple drivers iems are no match to this FI-BA-SS!

PvgWJP0.jpg

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #6,799 of 11,642
Jan 24, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #6,800 of 11,642
How would the fibass compare to the ex1000? Thanks in advance. :blush:

I own both, I would say Fibass bests ex1000 in several areas,
i.e. mids, highs, separation, isolation (not that ex1000 has any), etc

While the ex1000 definitely has better bass and a much more realistic presentation of music.
Fibass is tuned with a preference for female vocals and pianos in mind I think

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #6,801 of 11,642
  What is the best iem FAD has to offer?

On top of what others have said, I would add Lab2 to the top of everyone's list... its something you have to try to believe...
it has no isolation at all, and things sounds more distant than what I am used to from an IEM,
but its weirdly euphoric and "heavenly" (don't know how to describe it).
Definitely something that FAD must be applauded for, since its the only IEM that has achieved such a sound IMO.

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #6,802 of 11,642
I own both, I would say Fibass bests ex1000 in several areas,
i.e. mids, highs, separation, isolation (not that ex1000 has any), etc

While the ex1000 definitely has better bass and a much more realistic presentation of music.
Fibass is tuned with a preference for female vocals and pianos in mind I think
That's awesome thank you !!

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #6,803 of 11,642

My understanding is it is MMCX  - it's similar to what they use on the Lab 02

- I read it as the MMCX  parts designed have much better build than most MMCX  - to withstand usage of 50,000 bends rather than 5000

Maybe I am misunderstanding ?

One thing is for sure the AKR02 model failed in terms of cable for a number of people - including myself, so I would be surprised if they used the same connector as the AKR02

Looks like I may have been mistaken by the badly translated Japanese to English. 

My FI-BA-SST35 arrived today and cable looks fixed on initial inspection!

A little worried about really pulling the cables to see if they are detachable, will do a more detailed inspection over then next few days and update you guys.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #6,804 of 11,642
Looks like I may have been mistaken by the badly translated Japanese to English. 

My [COLOR=222222]FI-BA-SST35 arrived today and cable looks fixed on initial inspection![/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]A little worried about really pulling the cables to see if they are detachable, will do a more detailed inspection over then next few days and update you guys.[/COLOR]
Do you have some Ocharaku iems to compare them with. Please give me some feedback.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #6,806 of 11,642
well that just happened.

EDIT: I'm glad that cyanoacrylate (superglue) exists. Fixed it.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #6,807 of 11,642
Question, I am keen to get my hands on the piano forte x. I currently have the heaven IV, vi, vii, and viii, with the iii currently being delivered. Should I complete the set and wait for a year to get it or should I sell all of them and buy it sooner ( like in a month's time, as I've already made some big purchases this month). I also have the fi-ba-ss which I intend to keep. Thoughts?

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #6,808 of 11,642
Question, I am keen to get my hands on the piano forte x. I currently have the heaven IV, vi, vii, and viii, with the iii currently being delivered. Should I complete the set and wait for a year to get it or should I sell all of them and buy it sooner ( like in a month's time, as I've already made some big purchases this month). I also have the fi-ba-ss which I intend to keep. Thoughts?

Sell everything and buy PF X! They can radically change your perception of headphones.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #6,809 of 11,642
  Sell everything and buy PF X! They can radically change your perception of headphones.

not so fast....the PFX is a radically different aproach than the heaven series....it can't replace the heaven iems specially in terms of your listening habits...i have the H4, and plan on going up to H6,H8, or FI-BA-SS....i also have the PF2, and i'm not sure i will go up the range...Not that i don't like the presentation or the sq of PF....but i can't really find the time and space for them...these are completely open iems, and must be listened in a quiet environment....the heavens i can listen in the bus, in the office, on the street....Think about that before you sell your gorgeous collection...

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #6,810 of 11,642
Okay I think I'm going to hold off selling my heaven series for the time being, gonna try and get rid off other stuff first. Any difference or preference between the pfx gold and chrome copper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back