Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 22, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #6,676 of 11,644
After hearing the HiFiman RE-400s and Etyomotic ER4PTs, the Heaven II and IV sound really unbalanced and congested (and even more surprisingly, II > IV by far in my opinion). Could not recommend either over the RE-400. The IV reminded me of my experience with the Sennheiser HD 558, which I had high hopes for but ended up sounding super muddy.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #6,677 of 11,644
Sorry for the late reply to this thread. Final Audio took quite a while to reply to my last message. I did ask them the questions people suggested earlier and here are the answers:

1) The new FI-BA-SST will NOT have a detachable cable.

2) The FI-BA-SST will have the same single driver as the FI-BA-SS.  The differences are the new OFC cable and the tuning will be different. The FI-BA-SST will have a less aggressive sound signature compared to the FI-BA-SS and a wider soundstage.

3) There are no plans to release a new version of the Heaven IV (or any of the Heaven range) with detachable cables.

I hope this is information is useful.

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #6,679 of 11,644
Had the pleasure to listen to the final audio lab 2 today (paired with a ak380 copper), a big thanks to mr. lato from rs audio to make this possible. My wish that they shares the dna from the pf x comes true, they also extend the fq range of the pf x, but don't expect strong deep bass with these open earphones. This half hour was a big pleasure for me. I ordered a pair and will poste some feedback in the new year. You can listen to these earphone for the next 8 days at k55 in zurich, switzerland.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #6,680 of 11,644
hey have you tried them with tips on? I can't imagine the lab2 design to be too comfortable for serious listening plus the lack of isolation is a real bummer. Ive seen some pics around showing silicone custom tips for the piano forte x before and that was exactly what I thought needed for it to truly shine. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #6,681 of 11,644
No tips, that's against the idea of the piano forte series, they are like open headphones with no isolation. They are not for walking around or noisy places, the first time you put or better lay them in your ear canal it feels curious, they are cold (not so the lab 2) and don't give any pressure on your outer ear canal. For me they feel great and have a good fit, never fall out (but don't do sports :wink: ). I don't like the pressure the classic iem put on your outer ear canal, i even sold my ciem k10 because of that. Wearing the piano forte is a dream for me, they heat up quickly and then you don't feel them anymore. That is a big plus for me, when the temperature goes up in summer i grab them, the big headphones are then to hot for me after a while.

The lab 2 are very light vs the piano forte x and even more comfy (the cable is in contrast heavier). You need to test the piano forte for yourself, people have different ear shapes, may not fit for anyone. The lab 2 are technically extreme, take your time and look a this picture how complex the case is made, completely open at the back with complex filtering at the front (yello/green are the solid parts, blue the outer parts), give you a out of the head presentation that is better then most headphones i know/own. The piano forte x are more colored and special, not for everyone and not for any genre, the lab 2 are much more neutral and universal, only a strong deep bass is not possible (at this time?) with these open designs. They have like the piano forte x a natural/lively sound not often found - one point i rate very high for my personal taste.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #6,682 of 11,644
  this looks awesome...

What's the major differences between the Sonorous VI, VIII, or X? 

Looking for an upgrade from my V-Moda M-100s. These sound like the kind of things I'm looking for (Looking for a better overall sound signature and better sound isolation).

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #6,685 of 11,644
Tried FAD FI-BA-SS on my AK240 the other day, don't quite like about the sound.
Anyone feels the same too?!

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #6,686 of 11,644
Tried FAD FI-BA-SS on my AK240 the other day, don't quite like about the sound.
Anyone feels the same too?!

Yes I have that combo (AK240SS) for a year and I did enjoy it very much. I know you probably refer to the brighter treble but the transparency is so great and allow me to look deep into the music that I don't mind the brighter high.

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #6,687 of 11,644
Yes I have that combo (AK240SS) for a year and I did enjoy it very much. I know you probably refer to the brighter treble but the transparency is so great and allow me to look deep into the music that I don't mind the brighter high.

Yeah too bright sounding.
Maybe you are using a AK240SS, mine is a stock AK240.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #6,688 of 11,644
If you do a red wine audio mod on your 240, the sq will became warmer.

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #6,689 of 11,644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back